Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
John Titor
    #8485167 - 06/04/08 08:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Discuss.

Quote:

A Brief Summary of the John Titor Phenomenon

THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper and deeper into the story, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 911, the Discovery accident and the second gulf war. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

I have included a guest book where you may leave your comments. I will endeavor to respond to any questions you have based on my work.

I hope you enjoy your journey with John Titor.

Copyright 2003

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: John Titor [Re: sui]
    #8485220 - 06/04/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Why would a man from the future time travel back only 30 some years and drop vague crap hints about future events in a message forum on the internet?

It's entertaining at least.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: John Titor [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #8485239 - 06/04/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, just a forum troll that got hyped up but i thought it was interesting.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#8485241 - 06/04/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

He definitely went the distance with it. I'll give him that. It takes a certain level of dedication to pull off something that people still debate years later.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

#8485242 - 06/04/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I remember someone telling me about it. It was pretty well planned, but they figured out it was a hoax.

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8485250 - 06/04/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This guy made some sort of prediction that turned out to be wrong, like the world was gonna end in 2007 or there was gonna be a WWIII by now or something. He had to have had a hell of a lot of free time though.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8485425 - 06/04/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Why would a man from the future time travel back only 30 some years and drop vague crap hints about future events in a message forum on the internet?

He came back looking for some obscure piece of computer hardware used for debugging stuff apparently.
I read about Titor years ago, its interesting stuff, if complete bullshit.

--------------------
My name is Mud

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: John Titor [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8485478 - 06/04/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe he comes from a different universe almost entirely like this one where the exact same events are unfolding the exact same way but at different dates.

:smirk:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#8485622 - 06/04/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

He came back looking for some obscure piece of computer hardware used for debugging stuff apparently.
I read about Titor years ago, its interesting stuff, if complete bullshit.

Oh shit that's right! I completely forgot. He was looking for an IBM 5100. :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: John Titor [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8485736 - 06/04/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

He was simply on a different line of time than we are. So although his predictions were correct for his specific line of time they were not correct for the one we are on.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: John Titor [Re: DNKYD]
    #8485744 - 06/04/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That's sort of better than the way I said it.  :grin:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#8485752 - 06/04/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
He was simply on a different line of time than we are. So although his predictions were correct for his specific line of time they were not correct for the one we are on.

It's awesome what people make up to cover their bullshit. Sometimes it seems so simple and plausible it must be true!

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#8485764 - 06/04/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's based on scientific theory.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#8485840 - 06/04/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. Please make use of the Smileys to convey it next time.

:geicogecko:

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #8485904 - 06/04/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well were halfway through 2008 and the civil war he predicted would start this year hasn't yet. We still have 6 more months so we'll see. It will probably happen around election time if it's true.

--------------------

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8485910 - 06/04/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:bucktoothfattygangsta:

--------------------

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: John Titor [Re: muistrue]
    #8486190 - 06/05/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Well were halfway through 2008 and the civil war he predicted would start this year hasn't yet. We still have 6 more months so we'll see. It will probably happen around election time if it's true.

Well, if he was TRULY from the future, surely he would have said something about the first FEMALE and BLACK presidential candidates. And possibly the first female or black president, but we'll find that out in November.

I mean, this is kinda BIG NEWS. even if the exact same events are happening on a different time line, you'd think he would have mentioned this!

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineKilla Trav
Resident Stoner

Re: John Titor [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8486246 - 06/05/08 12:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

it would be cool if he really was though

--------------------
"Strawberry Fields Forever"

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #8486457 - 06/05/08 01:29 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
He was simply on a different line of time than we are.

I've met people like that. Usually they are standing on street corners hurling abuse at passing cars and imaginary companions.

The whole Titor thing read like a cross between a rejected Terminator script and a survivalist's wet dream.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: John Titor [Re: muistrue]
    #8486628 - 06/05/08 02:41 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:

Actually he predicted the civil war would start in 2004. And that there would be no Olympics that year. :rolleyes:
FAIL

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

OfflineAegentMonty
Stranger?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: John Titor [Re: zouden]
    #8487667 - 06/05/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

As mentioned (unclearly perhaps) earlier, he made many predictions about the future but said that he going back in time creates a ripple effect through history. Basically the Butterfly Effect. I think I recall him stating that sports games had some different outcomes already, or he noticed some minor changes.

I believe that site claims he predicted mad cow disease before it spread along with some other crap.

Just playing devils advocate here.

I remember reading this years before 2004. It was quite interesting, and it still is. Not for the "what if" factor as much as the interesting picture of the future he creates, and his commentary on our social lives, technology and more.   I remember alot of what he said vividly, because I loved his ideas.  he talked about music reverting back to man made instead of synthesized, and talked about how this time period was known as being very greedy.

I Loved reading this bizarre perspective.  But I absolutely LOVE ANYTHING to do with time travel. I cant even think of a way to describe my love for it.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Re: John Titor [Re: AegentMonty]
    #8489021 - 06/05/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The problem is that by claiming that his presence has altered downstream history and thus his predictions aren't accurate, he's no longer a time traveller. He's just some guy. He's not from our future. He may as well be making the whole thing up.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8489041 - 06/05/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:

Actually he predicted the civil war would start in 2004. And that there would be no Olympics that year. :rolleyes:
FAIL

In fairness he predicted the Civil War would have its roots in 2004 but only be apparent in 2008.

Also he said there would be no Olympics after 2004 not in 2004. There is some debate about whether the winter games qualify but by this summer it should be clear to everyone.

Don't get me wrong I think there's a 99.99% chance its completely bogus but I just wanted the complete facts to be known regarding his predictions. There is still time for them to be fulfilled but the clock is running out fast.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Re: John Titor [Re: zorbman]
    #8489220 - 06/05/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, fair enough.

I guess if anything did happen to stop the 2008 Beijing Olympics then it would probably be enough to start a civil war. But I'm not holding my breath...

--------------------

OfflineAegentMonty
Stranger?
Male User Gallery

#8489307 - 06/05/08 05:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Theres defintely alot of controversy with the olympics this year. and his the timeline has been changed, maybe whatever happened in his timeline wont be triggered in ours. :mushroom2:

OfflineAegentMonty
Stranger?
Male User Gallery

#8489319 - 06/05/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
The problem is that by claiming that his presence has altered downstream history and thus his predictions aren't accurate, he's no longer a time traveller. He's just some guy. He's not from our future. He may as well be making the whole thing up.

He would still be a time traveler. You are telling me if I hop into my DeLorean and time travel to a couple thousand years ago, and by me being in the past, the future is altered, so I cant predict what will happen, I am no longer a time traveler even though Im hanging out with Jesus?

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #8489358 - 06/05/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Was he able to meet his 2004 self?

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8489427 - 06/05/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

From everyone else's point of view you wouldn't be a time traveller, since you can't prove you came from the future - you have no knowledge about future events, and (if you're like Titor) you have no advanced technology with you.

Basically, if you went back in time but failed to bring anything that could prove you were a time traveller, you'd be kicking yourself if you ever decided to tell people that you're from the future. Only highly gullible people would believe you.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#8489680 - 06/05/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
From everyone else's point of view you wouldn't be a time traveller, since you can't prove you came from the future - you have no knowledge about future events, and (if you're like Titor) you have no advanced technology with you.

I don't think you grasp the concept of multiple timelines.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8490121 - 06/05/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

My point is that the "multiple timelines" thing is simply a convenient excuse to make his claims unverifiable. There's zero proof that he's a time traveller, and plenty of reason to believe that he's not.

--------------------

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8490245 - 06/05/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Even though I believe this Titor guy is full of shit, hypothetically if time travel ever is discovered then we will probably be capble of travelling on multiple planes of time or different dimensions.  Considering string cell theory and multiple dimensions, it would be wholly possible to travel to this same reality but in a different dimension.  Gets kind of confusing.

:fearandloathing:

--------------------

OfflineAegentMonty
Stranger?
Male User Gallery

Re: John Titor [Re: g00ru]
    #8492057 - 06/06/08 09:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

TO anyone who hasnt read what he wrote, I personally found what he said very interesting as a fictional story, worth reading, you you like sociology, politics, time travel, etc..

Quote:

guruu said:

I believe he said he was able to but chose not to. I could be wrong (for the record he posted several years before 2004, but predicted the civil war would begin subtly in 04. Something like that)

Quote:

zouden said:

You wouldnt appear to be a time traveler to others, but you would in fact be one. Sanity/truth is not statistical.

Quote:

zouden said:
Basically, if you went back in time but failed to bring anything that could prove you were a time traveller, you'd be kicking yourself if you ever decided to tell people that you're from the future. Only highly gullible people would believe you.

He covered his ass by saying he didn't care whether anyone believed him, and he made no effort to prove he was from the future. I just told he story, and let everyone else decide for themselves.

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery

Loc: Hotwings; race car
    #8492106 - 06/06/08 09:45 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. Please make use of the Smileys to convey it next time.

:geicogecko:

Yeah, use some of those "seriousness" smileys, so everyone knows you're serious.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8492139 - 06/06/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AegentMonty said:
TO anyone who hasnt read what he wrote, I personally found what he said very interesting as a fictional story, worth reading, you you like sociology, politics, time travel, etc..

Quote:

guruu said:

I believe he said he was able to but chose not to. I could be wrong (for the record he posted several years before 2004, but predicted the civil war would begin subtly in 04. Something like that)

I thought he was born after the civil war?

EDIT-
I'm surfing around on http://www.johntitor.com/ I forgot how cool all this stuff was.  Read through his predictions from the drop down menu at the top, it took me a while to find it because its half cut-off, but the John Titor stuff is really cool whether its true or not.  Like reading a sci-fi book.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Edited by DragonChaser (06/06/08 10:21 AM)

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #8492251 - 06/06/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I was fascinated by him, I never believed him but like DragonChaser said it was like real-life sci-fi.  Good stuff.  He must have been blown away at the response he got.

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery

Loc: Hotwings; race car
Re: John Titor [Re: sam420]
    #8492275 - 06/06/08 10:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I BELIEVE in John Titor.

OfflineAegentMonty
Stranger?
Male User Gallery

#8492386 - 06/06/08 11:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:

I thought he was born after the civil war?

I'm nearly certain he said he was a teenager during the civil war, and he spent most of his teenage years fighting/etc.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8492457 - 06/06/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

d'oh, i think you're right.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom