Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
personal growth on a lower level.
    #846396 - 08/27/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

For the longest time I have been trying to grow and mature as a person. As a result, I have been about to handle stress, personal attacks, and other badness very well. I consider my higher self to be very advanced.

However, in my search for wisedom, I have neglected my lower self. I am very lazy, I procrastinate, and am generally in poor physical condition. I sit around and discuss philosphy, right and wrong, and other such things all day long, but when I comes to actually DOING things, I suck.

Do you guys have any advice on how I can mature on a more physical level? I have focased on my "higher" self to long, now I need to work on the lower.

Larry

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: personal growth on a lower level. [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #846469 - 08/27/02 09:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps being more physically active (like nature walks from example) might help. Or just get out of the house completely, even if you are sitting around discussing various topics of interest at someone else's home. If you're interested in philosophy, perhaps start writing in a journal, or begin writing in general. Start a web site regarding your thoughts. Get the word out. Graphic design for web sites can be very addicting, too. There is great satisfation in producing a web site.

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (08/27/02 09:07 AM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #846681 - 08/27/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I like to stretch in the morning, go for a hike in the woods, identify plants, cook and chant, write in my journal... play around with the mandolin and drum, exc. help out with the lunch-service for the poor, meet up with environmental co-op, exc.. If you're looking for crafts, keep an open mind and a sense of fascination... it's your own choice when you see an opportunity, you either take it or don't, so start taking them and see what happens! It's a risk, and that's what life comes down to - you either take them or you don't, you either make it happen or you don't. It's about as simple as that, and there's little pleasure to be had out if it if you're not playing the game.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: personal growth on a lower level. [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #846887 - 08/27/02 12:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This is how I do it:

Think about your future thoughts. What will they be like?

If you want your future self to be happy, then you will have to do something now.

In the future, you will look back on your past and may think:

"I should have done that" = bad
"I'm glad I did that" = good

So, think about where you want to be in the future. If you want to be happy, then you have to take action.

But don't worry, after experience, you will be able to perform actions AND philosophize at the same time

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: personal growth on a lower level. [Re: pattern]
    #847547 - 08/27/02 05:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I know exactly where your comin from..
atleast you realize and accept that you need to improve yourself in those areas
i lived in denial for a long time, thinking that nothing else mattered as long as my "higher self" as you put it, was as evolved as i thought it was

your settings can drain you.
if youve been really lazy in a certain place like your home for so long then i think that laziness pretty much reflects off of the walls and is there to greet your in the morning every day

maybe you are lazy because you dont yet realize how satisfying it can be to get things done and accomplish meaningful tasks..
so when the opportunity arises to do something, Do Not philosphize about the significance of it in correlation with your 'higher self'. Instead, clear your mind of those pestering thoughts and Just Do It. (tm)

and start small...
you may be thinking that theres all this stuff that you want to do that you lack the motivation to do/
its probably overwhelming, and is not helping at all.
it will take some time but just start doing little things at first and see how it will make you feel better after.. try not to think about too much, your higher self may try and decieve you.

and realize how nice it is that people got off their asses and created musical instruments and discovered medicines.

use your brain, dont live in it.

hope this helps you

InvisibleCosmic_Monkey
PongidaeKosmikos

Loc: Somewhere between inner-s...
Re: personal growth on a lower level. [Re: Zahid]
    #848296 - 08/28/02 01:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Your higher self doesn't get developed its already the best it can be, the trick is to become as much of your higher self as you can. But, I guess we just use the terms differently. Anyhow, to stop being lazy, start exersizing regularly. If you smoke a lot of weed, cut way back, it is the absolute worst for demotivating you.

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
    #848419 - 08/28/02 04:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My advice would be to start some sort of mystical exercise. By that I mean not just working out. Try yoga, classical martial arts, walking/running in nature/parks and combine these with meditation. By linking your love of the "higher self" with you lower self you will reach a nice medium. Take a look at buddhist monks, yogis and others (these christians power lifters i seen who bend bars and shit are another good example). These types of athletes are very spiritual in their lives and it reflects i their physical side.
I believe we are the total of our minds and bodies. If you are not happy with one the other is held back. By exercising both in tandem you can reach a higher plane. I hope this helps. Let us know any positive experiences you have.

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #848426 - 08/28/02 04:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I was in the exact same position a few weeks ago. I can handle any stress no prob, but I was physically stagnant. I got out of it by putting physical exercise in my daily routine. I jog one day, lift weights the next. It changed everything: my energy level, my body, my thoughts about the future, etc. I'm a lazy procrastinator too but I'm changing that.

I'd recommend establishing a daily routine that includes some physical activity. 'DOing' is the best thing I've ever decided to do.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #849939 - 08/28/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I would like to thank everyone for there responses. I have decided to take up some form of martial arts training and to start swimming at the YMCA.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #850552 - 08/29/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here's a few tips for choosing a place to study martial arts.

Never sign a long term contract. Your dues should be monthly and you should be able to drop out at a moment's notice without additional penalty.

Watch the class once and see if it's what you want to do. If spectators are not allowed, find another class. "Secret techniques" and things like that are all bullshit.

You should be able to participate in a try-out workout for free. See if you like the instructor's style of teaching. If you don't like it, you will drop out later. Find one you like and enjoy.

Make sure the level of contact is what you want. If you don't really want full contact, don't let yourself be talked into a class with it. If you want full contact, you probably wouldn't be happy in a light or no contact class.

Ask questions. Watch for hidden fees (uniforms, sparring equipment, testing, etc). Talk to some of the students.

Watch out for organizations which resemble a cult more than a place for athletics. Some instructors seem to have a need to control aspects of their student's lives which have little to do with the martial art. The instructor should be thought of more like a tennis or golf instructor. You wouldn't let a tennis instructor tell you things you may or may not eat, people you may not associate with, or places you must be, so don't let a martial arts instructor tell you those things either.

Most important of all, choose something you will enjoy, that you will have fun doing. If it's not fun, you will eventually find excuses to not go. Make it something you want to do.

Good luck!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #852764 - 08/30/02 06:46 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Do ten minutes of berthing exercise in the morning and walk doing parallel vision.
Start a garden (I can't tell you what a satisfaction this has brought me to my life)
I had left the definitions of higher and lower long time ago, just try to find and feel your divinity inside is all it matters, the rest is a endless distraction and illusion.
My two cents.
A and I forgot the most important, never but never allow your self to feel down or depress no matter what flaw of character you posses, work in correcting them by baby steps and take it eazy

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom