Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: $tate of Inebriation, Pat...
Re: Obama throws his church under the bus [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8482897 - 06/04/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

lets see, blacks like fried chicken and watermelon, white like
it too, whites like religion and guns, blacks like it too,
blacks are under educated, whites are under educated. all are
stereotypes, to clam one is and the others are the truth, well...

that's quite racist of you

actually, when you read my post you should notice race has nothing to do with it. i said midwesterners. blacks and whites are the same. and unfortunately, despite this fact, many do not get along. the white people hang confederate loser flags up in their windows.

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
I can make the assumption that you're angry, clinging to your
guns and religion, are under educated and may be jobless based
on this statement "i grew up in one of these towns", now I must
be a racist too

yeah, i'm jobless by choice. i got kicked out of art school, and am back in regular school now, 9 years later. i started to fall into that whole trap, and realized that i hate most of the idiots i grew up with, most of who are living in trailers and shit now.

people who have the capacity to get out and make shit better for themselves do. obama was pointing out that because of the economy most people don't.

as far as the remark even being racist...this is probably why it's directed at whites. the town i grew up in had like one black family. alot of these towns are mostly white. furthermore, if you look deeper into that link you will see that most of them are that way on purpose, not just in the midwest.

he was talking about poor people who live in run down towns. most of them are white. he was talking about how the government has fucked the economy up and fucked these people over.

the majority of these people are: white, religious, hunters, and racists. it's not totally their fault, i suppose, they were raised with it. my family was always cool about other races, but i still heard the n word occasionally growing up, from relatives. i remember the first time i got my hair braided (my parents wouldn't let me have dreads till i was 16 and just did it) there were several kids in my school that came up and commented on my "nigger hair". fuck man, look at that website. most of these towns have a long history of racism, and now that the economy is the way it is, obama was totally right. they are going to be cynical about it coming from a black guy.

the majority in these towns are exactly as he described them. he wants to bring them out of the funk their in, so what the fuck is the problem? it's not like he said "these white people are all dumb and racist and shoot blacks on site, and i say we send em all down south and build another border...fuck 'em"

--------------------
praise "Bob"
did you mean shmooed-R.I.P.

"drought besets the mind, decay besets the man"-me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMisanthrope
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Obama throws his church under the bus [Re: rev 766]
    #8483021 - 06/04/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I think Obama is an atheist. He only had this sudden conversion once he started to get involved in public life. It was career move. Face it, if you want to president, your best off being Christain.
The fact that he doesn't seem to realize that these preachers are nutty by most voter's standards, is evidence he played up how much time he spent in church. He just had some bad luck here.
He was kind of forced to play up his Christianity, because there are still quite a number of backwoods tards that think he's Muslim.

Edited by Misanthrope (06/04/08 10:10 AM)

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama throws his church under the bus [Re: Misanthrope]
    #8483107 - 06/04/08 10:34 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i don't understand why it matters if he's muslim. just because some terrorists are muslim doesn't mean everyone in that religion are cuckoo. we have the KKK in this country, it doesn't mean that all christians are nuts. my girlfriend is pakistani, and her family is muslim (she's an atheist). i will admit that her mom IS nuts, but i'm pretty sure it's not religion related. it's just another example of these stereotypes believing stereotypes.

--------------------
praise "Bob"

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Obama throws his church under the bus [Re: The Tourist]
    #8483147 - 06/04/08 10:49 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Are only white people racist? Nothing justifies murder!!! NOTHING! How does ALWAYS criticizing your Government help? You think wright and farakan are mainstream, I think they are ignorant. Most of obama's friends seem to be anti-American radicals. You can spin it however you want, but it will not change the truth. If the demokrats had come up with a GOOD black candidate, I would vote for him. Since obama is such a lousy offering, I am forced to vote for anyone but him!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #8483290 - 06/04/08 11:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
actually, when you read my post you should notice race has nothing to do with it. i said midwesterners.

are you trying to convince me that the midwest is majority black? or that there's an even distribution through the land

Quote:

yeah, i'm jobless by choice. i got kicked out of art school, and am back in regular school now, 9 years later. i started to fall into that whole trap, and realized that i hate most of the idiots i grew up with, most of who are living in trailers and shit now.

so you are angry, tell us about the religion and guns and anti immigrant sentiments

Quote:

people who have the capacity to get out and make shit better for themselves do. obama was pointing out that because of the economy most people don't.

more likely than not, people without jobs 'cant' get out and
make things better than they are for themselves, it's difficult
to do when you're broke and worried about how you'll feed your
kids, those that have money can do, obama made a racist remark
based on the values he's had since childhood, he surrounds
himself with people that think similarly, it's called self
segregation

Quote:

as far as the remark even being racist...this is probably why it's directed at whites. the town i grew up in had like one black family. alot of these towns are mostly white. furthermore, if you look deeper into that link you will see that most of them are that way on purpose, not just in the midwest.

ever wonder why Watts, Harlem and Compton are predominantly
black, again, self segregation, the adage 'birds of a feather'
seems very fitting, whites tend to live near other whites and
hispanics with other hispanics, I believe they do this on
purpose because it's people that share similar interests, have
similar cultural backgrounds and have fewer language barriers.

Quote:

he was talking about poor people who live in run down towns. most of them are white. he was talking about how the government has fucked the economy up and fucked these people over.

“…it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Quote:

the majority of these people are: white, religious, hunters, and racists. it's not totally their fault, i suppose, they were raised with it.

so you're saying racism is acceptable but...

Quote:

fuck man, look at that website. most of these towns have a long history of racism, and now that the economy is the way it is, obama was totally right.

as I was saying, obama is a racist, pointing out stereotypes is
racist behavior when it comes from white people but the double
standards of society deem it's fine for blacks to do it, quite
frankly I have no problem with Obama being a racist, in fact I'd
welcome someone in office much faster if they were open about
their feelings in such a way, do you think Bush or Clinton never
used the 'n' word

Quote:

he wants to bring them out of the funk their in, so what the fuck is the problem?

he want to help them with insults and by demeaning their character, I say we help the black people the same way

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #8483987 - 06/04/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

And I say we help Obama get back to the people who sent him to the Senate by voting for anybody else on the planet.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Obama throws his church under the bus [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8484252 - 06/04/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm voting for the Nazi Party, after all, it's comprised of shroomery moderators

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8484300 - 06/04/08 05:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

more likely than not, people without jobs 'cant' get out and make things better than they are for themselves, it's difficult to do when you're broke and worried about how you'll feed your
kids

yeah, i meant "can't, sorry. that seems to me to make it less racist. he might be identifying them as victims, but sorry, it's not racist to do that.

Quote:

Quote:

ever wonder why Watts, Harlem and Compton are predominantly
black, again, self segregation, the adage 'birds of a feather'
seems very fitting, whites tend to live near other whites and
hispanics with other hispanics, I believe they do this on
purpose because it's people that share similar interests, have
similar cultural backgrounds and have fewer language barriers.

i think harlem and those places were not started out by "self segregation". i think it was where blacks ended up because there were so many towns that if they were there after dark they would get the shit beat out of them. you seem to be missing the point that it wasn't just "birds of a feather flocking together" as you put it. most of these towns you will learn, if you do some research, kept blacks out with violence. there ARE racist undertones, even if not as severe. if you take this into consideration...

“…it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Quote:

he want to help them with insults and by demeaning their character, I say we help the black people the same way

again, the only insult is maybe portraying them as victims, but when it comes down to it, aren't they?

--------------------
praise "Bob"

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8484474 - 06/04/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
i think harlem and those places were not started out by "self segregation". i think it was where blacks ended up because there were so many towns that if they were there after dark they would get the shit beat out of them.

Harlem was until the 1900s an affluent suburb of NewYork, blacks
move in in mass in the early days of the 20th century because of
a housing glut, real estate price fell and the blacks moved in
when landlords couldnt find white renters, the area was a
thriving center for blacks with whites employing them, that
ended after the second time that the 'harlemites' rioted, of
which it seemed that the rioting is also why they move to harlem
from hells kitchen and the tenderloin district

Quote:

you seem to be missing the point that it wasn't just "birds of a feather flocking together" as you put it. most of these towns you will learn, if you do some research, kept blacks out with violence. there ARE racist undertones, even if not as severe. if you take this into consideration...

the story of harlem is a prime example of self segregation,
Watts wasnt a predominantly black area until the 40 when better
opportunity was afforded to blacks during the war, housing
projects were built to house all the blacks moving there from
the south (incidentaly that's where the majority of harlems
blacks came from), so once again blacks move in and whites move
out, industry and jobs move with the whites... doesnt seem like
a lot of violence was used except by the black people

Black people moved to compton because of it's proximity to watts
because of the number of blacks already living there, but no,
self segregation doesnt happen, whites keep the kneegrows at bay
with violence

Quote:

again, the only insult is maybe portraying them as victims, but when it comes down to it, aren't they?

insults are in the eye of the beholder, if I say nigger, I'm
insulting a black man, if I say negro, I'm apparently insuling a
black man, if I say colored, it's worse than calling a black man
a nigger... but blacks can use these terms freely, so, maybe
whites feel insulted about being insulted by a black man, it's
only fair that standards for racism be kept in balance

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8486706 - 06/05/08 03:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

rev 766 said:

insults are in the eye of the beholder, if I say nigger, I'm
insulting a black man, if I say negro, I'm apparently insuling a
black man, if I say colored, it's worse than calling a black man
a nigger... but blacks can use these terms freely, so, maybe
whites feel insulted about being insulted by a black man, it's
only fair that standards for racism be kept in balance

this is why this issue ever comes up. was i talking about race in particular when i made the insult remark? i'm talking about the fact that obama was referring to the inhabitants of these poor, mostly white towns as victims. it's not fucking racial profiling, it's talking about the economy.

furthermore, like i said, yes there are alot of predominantly black areas, and yes alot of people stay away for fear of violence (i have been in the "ghetto" plenty of times in the south side of chicago and gary with no trouble, partying with gang bangers, and never had any problems, but i guess some white kid with dreadlocks listening to slayer must just fit in, huh?). the point i'm making is that i went to see the author of this "sundown towns" book speak earlier this year. from 1890 until the civil rights movement started there is a whole lot of shit we have not been informed of. lots of towns had signs up on either side of town that basically said they would beat the fuck out of blacks after dark.

if this would have never happened, and blacks would have settled with whites in the small communities they were not allowed in, places like harlem and compton would not exist. they didn't flock to such shitty places in droves just because of cheap housing, cause i got news for you, land in the country and these small towns is even cheaper. why wouldn't it be, it fucking sucks. it was actually funny, when i saw james lowen speak (the author) he said he never expected to find over 1,000 sundown towns, he just thought the lack of diversity shown by the census over the years was due to black people not being dumb enough to live in a small town away from real civilization. he figured out soon after starting his research that wasn't the case. if people live somewhere, its not a matter of white or black wanting to live there, it's where were they ALLOWED to live. and as the history proves, anywhere that whites are "excluded from" most certainly happened at least a few years after 1890.

sorry i can't remember all the details of what happened in 1890 that caused all this, but whatever, read the book. i haven't gotten around to it yet, but plan to. the man was an excellent speaker.

--------------------
praise "Bob"

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8488330 - 06/05/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
lots of towns had signs up on either side of town that basically said they would beat the fuck out of blacks after dark. if this would have never happened, and blacks would have settled with whites in the small communities they were not allowed in, places like harlem and compton would not exist.

I used to fish in one of those towns, had relatives there, I
never claimed racism didnt exist and I know for a fact that in
the town I fished in, a black firefighter was killed because he
was with a white woman at a picnic there... some civil rights
racists had a march to protest the anti-black sentiments, didnt
seem to work when the crowd started throwing bricks, again it's
self segregation, maybe these whites didnt want to suffer the
same way that Watts and Harlem did with devalued property and riots

it is their right to dislike whomever they wish for what ever reason

Quote:

they didn't flock to such shitty places in droves just because of cheap housing, cause i got news for you, land in the country and these small towns is even cheaper. why wouldn't it be, it fucking sucks.

yeah and the jobs pay very little and are less plentiful, blacks
from the south moved to the north and the west to get these
jobs, they moved into the areas buying or leasing what ever they
could, as for the 'cheapness' of the property, it's relative to
the area they were living in, harlem was cheaper than staten
island, it was cheaper than midtown, of course it higher than
the boonies but that's the area they were escaping

Quote:

black people not being dumb enough to live in a small town away from real civilization. he figured out soon after starting his research that wasn't the case.  

of course his research wouldnt be biased in the slightest

Chubb Family: “These darkeys were farmers around Chubbtown, near Cave Spring and the Polk County line, whose industry and thrift enabled them to accumulate considerable property, gins, mills, houses, etc. They are law-abiding, respected by the whites and generally good citizens. Their master set them free before the Civil War.”

The Chubb brothers founded chubbtown, surrounded by whites and
of course respected, the decendants still live in the area and
most are still well respected, they have a rich history in the
south abd instead of trying to move where they were not wanted
and forcing themselves on others, they settled where they were
accepted and with that acceptance came wealth... maybe it's that
those blacks he researched were dumb, dumb enough to move where
they were not wanted, dumb enough to try and push their will on
people that didnt want to accept them so those 'sundown towns'
fought even harder to keep them out.

Quote:

as the history proves, anywhere that whites are "excluded from" most certainly happened at least a few years after 1890.

and anywhere blacks are excluded from is racism and illegal now,
it's a double standard system, one that promotes racism

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8488419 - 06/05/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what are you even talking about? do you understand that right after the civil war this did not happen? this chubb brother story is completely irrelevant.

furthermore, why should anyone care who lives in their town based on COLOR?? we are the same, genetically. more skin pigment does not affect your humanity or your brain.

also, the riots happened long AFTER this exclusion by sundown towns, so that was obviously NOT the motivating factor.

why did whites not flock to these "great jobs" in harlem? that is just assinine. and notice how i put "excluded from" in quotation marks. they don't have LAWS to keep whites out like some sundown towns did.

i do agree with you that it is horrible that people have to be afraid anywhere. the ghetto should be no exception. i think all races need to live in harmony. HOWEVER, i think none of this would be going on if we didn't force blacks to leave "our towns". that doesn't make it right, mind you, i'm just saying we had no reason to hate blacks, we just thought they were inferior. now alot of them hate us. gee, i wonder why. especially since hatred and looking down on blacks continues today.

it has to end somewhere or else it will just continue to grow. blacks need to quit hating whites and whites need to quit hating blacks.

or we can just ship them back to africa, and ship whites back to europe, and give the land back to who it belongs to...

--------------------
praise "Bob"

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8488713 - 06/05/08 02:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
what are you even talking about? do you understand that right after the civil war this did not happen? this chubb brother story is completely irrelevant.

this chubb brothers story is quite relavent, it shows there is
another side, that even before the civil war 'racism' was coming
to a head until a few 'uppity niggers' started trying to push
their way in where they were not wanted, common sense tells me
that if I walk into a battle zone I'm likely to be shot

Quote:

also, the riots happened long AFTER this exclusion by sundown towns, so that was obviously NOT the motivating factor.

the exclusion was occurring from the 1500s when people were
settling this continent, did the original settlers of this land
get to live in the white communities?

Quote:

they don't have LAWS to keep whites out like some sundown towns did.

no, they haws to protect the segregation their all black clubs
while whites have laws denying then the all white exclusivity

Quote:

HOWEVER, i think none of this would be going on if we didn't force blacks to leave "our towns". that doesn't make it right, mind you, i'm just saying we had no reason to hate blacks, we just thought they were inferior.

so, leaving them in africa free of bondage by whites in this
nation wouldnt have played any sort of role? what of the blacks
that forced whites out of many areas in this nation through the
same acts, are they not also guilty of running this racial
hatred to the point that now we're looking at a presidental
candidate saying "well, I guess he's a biggot but he has good
reason to be"?

Quote:

now alot of them hate us. gee, i wonder why. especially since hatred and looking down on blacks continues today.

of course, they're always the victim, it's not their fault that
they hate whites, it's the white mans fault, again, I cite the
Chubb Family and how well they prospered in the south, it's not
like they were the only ones either

Quote:

it has to end somewhere or else it will just continue to grow. blacks need to quit hating whites and whites need to quit hating blacks.

Blame the media, blame Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrahkahn, Al
Sharpton and all those northern non-slave states that started
the whole sundown exclusions against blacks, irish and chinese
nice to know that the ones fighting the hardest againts slavery
are the very ones that didnt want them in their affluent
communities except for as cheap day labor

Quote:

we can just ship them back to africa, and ship whites back to europe, and give the land back to who it belongs to...

I'm all for that, have you got your passaged booked on the
next boat out of here, I'd like you off my land ASAP

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8491872 - 06/06/08 07:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

my greatx3 gma survived the trail of tears. i'll hang out here.

i'm not trying to say that blacks have a right to be racist.

i actually started making these replies at all to point out that i don't think obama is a racist. so maybe he went through some angsty teenage shit, like the quote from his book indicated. big deal. the remarks he made were about the economy.

honestly, now that i think about it, it seems like a political move that backfired. instead of talking about the terrible conditions of the ghetto he mentioned the terrible conditions of small white town usa. i could see in his mind as a politician thinking it would be better to talk about helping whites, and everybody came down on him about it.
keep in mind that if that is what happened, i'm not condoning his spin, but we will probably never know anyway.

i haven't slept, i hope i'm making some sort of sense. fuck it, it's all gibberish.

--------------------
praise "Bob"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds