Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Various colored acid crystals... [Re: Run DMT]
    #8474152 - 06/02/08 08:44 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Run DMT said:
In order to get the purer LSD there many repetitive steps in the end to clean/convert the crystal and there is a loss in product which is why its rare to find extremely clean LSD.

I'm not sure that line of reasoning holds up. To seperate LSD from iso-LSD, you run the material on a chromatography column. The pure LSD elutes in one fraction, the iso-LSD in another.

The "repetetive process" I believe you're referring to is the alkaline racemization of iso-LSD into a mixture of LSD and iso-LSD, followed by another run through the chromatography column, again seperating the LSD from the iso-LSD. This can be repeated until the remaining quantity of iso-LSD is negligable. So that process is repetetive only due to increasing the yield (collecting and utilizing the inactive isomer); the acid would be just as clean (though with a lower yield) if it were only subjected to column chromatography once.

An unless there is a brown or purple pigment that happens to elute at the same Rf as LSD in any solvent system that will resolve the LSD and iso-LSD bands, then the acid coming out of this process should be white.

Something like tornado juice, that sounds like a reaction pot that wasn't ever worked up, and just contains all the sideproducts of the reaction (or maybe it recieved some very crude workup). But I just don't get the lavender and amber crystals... How the hell did those colors get through the chromo column?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRun DMT
information is Power

Loc: ignorance is bliss
Re: Various colored acid crystals... [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8474251 - 06/02/08 09:42 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I used pure and clean interchangably. As far as the reasons for different colors of crystal, it could be a different recipe, old chems/precursers, atmospheric conditions, experimentation resulting in odd yet active L.....who nows besides the chemists. Also the color could be from the reaction differences or just lack of proper cleaning. I agree that you would think crystal is white period, but when it goes through a column it seperates the L and iso by chemical composition and not color, Correct?

--------------------
I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Various colored acid crystals... [Re: Run DMT]
    #8474387 - 06/02/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Correct. And unless one of those pigments eluted at the same Rf as LSD, the crystal ought to come out white. But let's suppose that were the case, that a pigment comes along with the LSD fraction. All you have to do is run the collected final product on a column in a different elution mixture, one that will discriminate between the LSD and the pigment. That's why the colored crystals are baffling to me.

Offlineirainingslayer
Stranger
    #8477234 - 06/02/08 10:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ive always wondered this myself

the great debate whether or not LSD is straight up LSD or if there can be quality issues

in my opinion ive noticed on the supposed "dirty" L ive eaten, it has all the L characteristics, but with an intense body load, my fingers hurt, i feel like there is alot of pressure in my neck, i have liquid shits , my joints all over my body have a pain ,and it keeps me up all night hours even after the effects are long gone

ive noticed in the "cleaner" stuff, it still has the characteristics visually, but they look different
its still the same fractals and the same breathing and pulsating characteristics, but the colours are brighter and more surreal looking,

the dirtier stuff is more blocky and rigid, when the cleaner stuff the hallucinations more or less "roll" into one another,

i know it cant be a placebo effect, because ive had bottles where i wasnt told the quality and didnt tell people the quality, and they all said the same said thing about it , "this shit hurt my body" "it wasnt even enjoyable"

and then ive had really good bottles that nothing was ever said about the quality that people loved.

alot of people try to tell me that the "dirty" stuff i talk about is a DOx chemical, but it cant be, any DOx trip is different than L, it has tripping characteristics but NONE like L , in my opinion

ive also noticed that the dirtier L is alot more intense visually, there is alot more going on, but on clean l, its still the same shapes, but its alot chiller, its more of those moments of absolute happiness and moments of profoundness

also, on "dirty" L, you feel very very high, you can tell you are on a drug , on clean "L" you almost feel sober, you almost dont even realize your tripping until you notice your floor doesnt ordanarily look that way

this is all just my opinion on what i perceive of the whole thing, with my lack of knowledge in chemistry i dont think i will ever figure out the whole "clean" vs "dirty" debate

InvisiblePsilobuds

Loc: Flag
Re: Various colored acid crystals... [Re: irainingslayer]
    #8477897 - 06/03/08 12:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

^ sounds to me like it could be the difference between a good and bad trip, 'i had a bad trip shit man that must of been dirty L'

but staying up for days, huge body load and runny shit sounds like DOx
LSD does somewhat have a body load, if your physically or mentally tired or stressed or whatever this could definitely  worsen

maybe youve got some nutty connect that mixes the two  :shocked:

maybe im just stoned:rasta:

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Various colored acid crystals... [Re: Psilobuds]
    #8477917 - 06/03/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You know not every single difference between trips is a product of more or less clean acid. In fact, most of them aren't. Trips are just different.

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Various colored acid crystals... [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8477956 - 06/03/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps ALD-52 is a different colour; but I hear it breaks down into lsd-25 in not too long at all(with most of the same effects)

InvisiblePsilobuds

#8477993 - 06/03/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i know that, i pretty much just typed that

-

yeah MisterMuscaria
Quote:

In TiHKAL, Shulgin touches briefly on ALD-52 in entry 26, LSD. His writings are vague, second hand accounts, saying doses in the 50-175µg range have resulted in various conclusions. One found that there was less visual distortion than with LSD and it seems to produce less anxiety and was somewhat less potent than LSD. Another report claimed it was more effective in increasing blood pressure. Yet another could not tell them apart.

It has the same characteristics as LSD, but supposedly "without the anxiety, tenseness, and other problems inherent to it".

Quote:

ALD-52 readily undergoes hydrolysis to LSD

wiki

Invisiblemandelbrotsets
Vermonts Finest

#8478800 - 06/03/08 09:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Colour doesn't matter. What matters is the particular chemical route taken to get to LSD (anecdotal evidence suggests that different chemical routes can lead to small, but noticeable differences in the subjective effects of a chemical) and the level of unreacted reagents left in the finished product.

Listen to him.

--------------------
The body binds us to worldy vices. Its disregard will lead to salvation.

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

#8481912 - 06/04/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly. I suspect it's simply ignorance (informally trained chemist) or laziness/irresponsibility or they prefer recrystallization (obviously not with hot solvent...) which could result in relatively pure crystals with a tiny amount of colored impurity.

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale