Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemolimo140
Hilario

Rare Psilocybin Reaction?
    #8478271 - 06/03/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hello,

I'm sort of drunk right now, so please disregard any spelling or logic mistakes that are in this post.

At any rate, a friend of mine and I were discussing mushrooms recently. He has said that a good friend of his had to be hospitalized after eating some psilocybian mushrooms.

My friend can affirm that the mushrooms that were ingested were in fact active and were not look-alikes, however if you dispute this based on the rest of this post, please let me know.

His friend apparently had an extremely rare but rather acute reaction to the hallucinogen contained within the mushrooms and had to spend a week in the hospital "getting his brain fluid drained". This description doesn't make much sense to me, however it is the words that were used to describe this to me.

So my question is: Is there some extremely rare but acute reaction to psilocybin that makes a person unable to process the chemical and have life-threatening consequences?

If ANYONE has heard of this I would like to know any information about it. Also, is there any way ,short of actually ingesting mushrooms, to tell if someone will have a similar reaction, what is it?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge.

QUICK EDIT:: I did some more reading, apparently I have read that Amanita Muscaria (Fly Agaric) can cause brain damage in high doses rarely. Is there a potential that my friend's friend could have ingested fly agaric and not psilocybian mushrooms?

Edited by molimo140 (06/03/08 03:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: molimo140]
    #8478288 - 06/03/08 03:40 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Complete and utter bullshit.

People have been eating these things for thousands of years. The bad cases are when people eat the wrong mushroom all together, which can very well kill you. The active ingredient of P. Cubensis is already in your body naturally..they just give you a big abundance of it causing you to get much more sensory from common surroundings then normal..creating a trip..

There is practically no toxic threshold for mushies..You'd have to eat your freakin body weight in them before you saw real physical ER type problems. Now thats not to say that in your delirium you wont cause yourself some problems lol..But really..if you eat the right mushroom, you could eat a grocery bag of them and the only thing you'd have to worry about is your own whacked out actions..It might even be fun.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Invisiblegrymmtymm
lostinthought
 User Gallery

Loc: inside your head
    #8478303 - 06/03/08 03:48 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

the only stories i've ever heard of like this are the ones that can't be verified, or stories of someone's friend of a friend of a friend.

i don't believe them.

--------------------
If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: grymmtymm]
    #8478319 - 06/03/08 03:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't believe it's possible to have your "brain fluid drained" without being killed.

I suppose it's possible he might have had a psychotic reaction and needed to be monitored for a while, but this is a very rare occurrence, occasionally popping up in individuals who are careless or have a personal/family history of mental illness.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (06/03/08 03:57 AM)

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8478354 - 06/03/08 04:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Lots of people are hospitalized while losing their freakin minds on shrooms..because square ass, uneducated, uninformed people dont know what else to do.."OMG they're not bein CNN+MTV normalzz!!!111eleventy!11

If they knew anything they'd know to just give it a few hours and they'll be fine.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

OfflineRun DMT
information is Power

Loc: ignorance is bliss
Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: the_0wl]
    #8478666 - 06/03/08 07:49 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

With the amount of verified misinformation that still continues to spread I don't think an extremely rare condition would be known here.....but it is possible. It very well may be true that he went to the hospital and his brain may have swelled needing to relieve the pressure due to some allergic reaction or something. Like you said, it's very rare meaning uncommon so I would take it with a grain of salt and not worry about it.

--------------------
I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?

Offlinehighdroponics Happy Birthday!
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: Run DMT]
    #8478694 - 06/03/08 08:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

shit, id like to trip hard enough for them to have to drain my brain fluid, thats trippin hardcore right there.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineBigP
Strangest

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: highdroponics]
    #8479282 - 06/03/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

lol ^ agreed.

If it is true, I doubt it was his actual brain fluid they were draining, maybe just fluid out of his brain..like blood. They may have mistaken his condition with some type of brain trauma. Maybe he fell and hit his head or something.

Who knows right?

--------------------
BigP out the back!!

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: BigP]
    #8479287 - 06/03/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, definitely no.

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8479318 - 06/03/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The active ingredient of P. Cubensis is already in your body naturally..they just give you a big abundance of it causing you to get much more sensory from common surroundings then normal..creating a trip..

Where did you hear this...???:confused:

--------------------

Offlinemolimo140
Hilario

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8479458 - 06/03/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I was just curious as there is no documented allergic reactions to psilocybin. I know I'm not allergic or anything, I have tripped before and I'm completely fine.

I was asking on behalf of a friend of mine, as he's worried that he may be this small percent of the population that might have such a reaction.

Also yeah.. psilocybin and psilocin do not naturally occur in the human body.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #8479492 - 06/03/08 01:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i thought there were documented allergic reactions to mushrooms?

people who get weird shit like fevers, hives, difficulty breathing, unhealthy increases in blood pressure?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineRun DMT
information is Power

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8479504 - 06/03/08 01:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I think the allergic reaction would be due to mushrooms in general and not specifically magic mushies. I would highly doubt he would have a reaction to them, especially if he has eaten other types of mushrooms.

--------------------
I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?

OfflineDiamonds808
New love formushies.
Female

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: Run DMT]
    #8480324 - 06/03/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What type of mushrooms? DO you know? They may have been poisonous. Or maybe had some lethal mold growing? Were they grown? Freshly picked? Or bought? Did anyone else ingest these mushrooms?

OfflineRun DMT
information is Power

Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: Diamonds808]
    #8480391 - 06/03/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I just noticed in the original post the he questioned if Amanitas could have been ingested so I'm wondering if his friends friend is now a glass of OJ. Sounds to me like more misinformed individuals....not necessarily you molimo, at least you're asking for info instead of spreading something you don't know. Diamonds, you made good points which is why I'm thinking this.

--------------------

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

#8481827 - 06/03/08 11:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It is possible to have a seizure or seizure like reaction (a syncope perhaps?) when ingesting psilocybin containing mushrooms.

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: highdroponics]
    #8481835 - 06/03/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
shit, id like to trip hard enough for them to have to drain my brain fluid, thats trippin hardcore right there.

:lol::thumbup:These are the kinda replies that make this site so good

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8481844 - 06/03/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

backfromthedead said:
The active ingredient of P. Cubensis is already in your body naturally..they just give you a big abundance of it causing you to get much more sensory from common surroundings then normal..creating a trip..

Where did you hear this...???:confused:

It does, like this dude said where did you hear this ,this is so cool if true im not trying to doubt ya just interested.

Edited by weiliiiiiii (06/03/08 11:54 PM)

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8481964 - 06/04/08 12:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

the_0wl said:
Complete and utter bullshit.

People have been eating these things for thousands of years. The bad cases are when people eat the wrong mushroom all together, which can very well kill you. The active ingredient of P. Cubensis is already in your body naturally..they just give you a big abundance of it causing you to get much more sensory from common surroundings then normal..creating a trip..

There is practically no toxic threshold for mushies..You'd have to eat your freakin body weight in them before you saw real physical ER type problems. Now thats not to say that in your delirium you wont cause yourself some problems lol..But really..if you eat the right mushroom, you could eat a grocery bag of them and the only thing you'd have to worry about is your own whacked out actions..It might even be fun.

Ingredients are not in your brain already, and what do you mean by ingredients? DMT is the only chem in your brain naturally.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Rare Psilocybin Reaction? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8482476 - 06/04/08 05:14 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Edited by Nature Boy (04/20/12 06:50 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom