Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: moosehead]
    #8484114 - 06/04/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

some may not like to hear it, but that may very well have been freed from the high probability of having a terrible life growing up

this talk of religious beliefs and what not are pointless, these are just poor parents. they had no pictures of their child living, plus the interview was pathetic (stupid bitch uses her dead daughter to bitch about free shit she didnt get)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #8484121 - 06/04/08 04:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's actually been proved that gladiators weren't just killed for sport and rarely fought to the death. You can't base your assumption on a Russel Crowe movie.

At least the Romans built the Coliseum in which they fought in. I doubt your normal Juggalo could pound out a rough copy from play-doh.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Edited by StonedShroom (06/04/08 04:10 PM)

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #8484133 - 06/04/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MYSTIQUE said:
You think that we should except that some people like to promote or take joy in KILLING EATING PEOPLE RAPING BEATING and STEALING and that should just be accepted?

Listen, it seems obvious to me that you don't know any juggalos. They are some of the most loyal people I have ever known. You are judging them based on your incomplete and subjective knowledge. Enough said...

OMG!! the people who created this song are evil!!!

--------------------

InvisibleAfroshroomerican
Oprah's Minion
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #8484139 - 06/04/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MYSTIQUE said:
You think that we should except that some people like to promote or take joy in KILLING EATING PEOPLE RAPING BEATING and STEALING and that should just be accepted?

From A Juggalo Poster:
"Actually it is a real religion. Due to the fact that Juggalos come from all faith backgrounds, it would be difficult to describe the higher power, or God, in a way that would be understood by everyone if we didn't call it the Dark Carnival. The place of happiness and peace in the afterlife is called Shangri-la, the place of punishment and regret is called Hell's Pit.

As with any other religion, Juggaloism sets out guidelines for behavior, such as don't hate on other Juggalos, no domestic violence, racism, things like that. We have our own clergy, religious meetings, and are recognized by the government as a religion. The hatchetman is a valid religious symbol to those who believe in Juggaloism and is therefore protected by religious freedom. We are in no way a cult, because we do not require money or blind obedience from members.
Some of the actions of the Fellowship of Juggalos (a church started for Juggalos), have been the Juggalo Suicide Prevention line, care packages for pregnant Juggalettes, and monetary assistance (out of the clergy's pockets) for members in need. "

Let's see what other religions exclude non-members:  Christianity (heathens); Islam (Infidels)--jihad anyone? :mypleasure:

Oh and I don't really give a shit what their lyrics are about.  AS I SAID MANY TIMES, I DONT LIKE THEIR MUSIC.  But I won't say it's shit--all subjective.  A lot of people think "Stairway to heaven" is BS because it is so fantastical that it really has no point, but it's embraced here.

Another read:
http://www.petitiononline.com/12w33d/petition.html

Oh, those lyrics posted really don't have much to do with their underlying religioin.  Just seems to be their act.

There are a few sites with "Juggalos" explaining their beliefs. 

And to your question:  how do you expect me to accept a religion that has allowed their highest members to fuck boys in the ass? How about one that proclaims that flying a jet into a building will allow you into a utopia with virgins?

Oh, wait.  That's not everyone's view.  :snub:

Music doesn't always determine how people are. How many "christian" rappers and heavy metal band members "act hard" plz...

--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Edited by Afroshroomerican (06/04/08 04:18 PM)

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #8484148 - 06/04/08 04:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheHappieHippies said:
Quote:

MYSTIQUE said:

Listen, it seems obvious to me that you don't know any juggalos. They are some of the most loyal people I have ever known. You are judging them based on your incomplete and subjective knowledge. Enough said...

OMG!! the people who created this song are evil!!!

That is one song If you want I can get 100 and 100's of lines of them promoting sexism ,hatred towards the overweight, violence, murder , spousal abuse , sexual abuse,homeless abuse , and pro pedophile bestiality and incest. All things that we as a society have decided are not wanted.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Oprah's Minion
Male

#8484165 - 06/04/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Wait wait.

They promote sexism yet are that loving towards their mothers and often have female juggalos in their videos?

Do you know Christianity upheld sexism for centuries and continues to do so?

Do you know there are references to violence in the Bible and Quran?

Are you just blindly making these claims without looking at the big picture?

I'm an agnostic-theist  mainly for this reason.  Organized religions take this leap of supremacy I just can't deal with.

Sorry if i'm so vehement; I really can't stand this type of stuff :/. 

And tons of music by "Christian-affiliated" artists has been violent. cmon. get real

You've got those two racist Prussian Blue girls who are "Stead-fast Christians" singing of killing everyone who isn't lilly white.

:lol:

--------------------

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #8484172 - 06/04/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

weather everything is an act or not they bring the stigma upon themselves as did many other religions.

we all have the right to think they are fucked up if we want, and i do

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: Crasher]
    #8484185 - 06/04/08 04:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Why do they have to look EXACTLY like the stereotypes you would imagine doing this? :rolleyes:

Fucking seriously. Did they press the sweatshirts and everything? That grandma looks embarrassed.

Hey, if Christianity/Judaism/Islam/Scientology/Mormonism can do it though... why the fuck not the ICP?

Religion = Scam

This Shit = Publicity

Rapture Christians like Tim LaHaye have been wrong hundreds of times over 1000 years plus. ICP only fucked up once after the 6th record.

~Monk

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #8484208 - 06/04/08 04:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

(I must comment on this remark)

Quote:

TheHappieHippies said:
An insult is to put a commercial symbol of a psychopathic hatchet man on your baby at its funeral and on its coffin

Would you call it an insult if it had instead been a wounded, bleeding man nailed to a cross?

Bad analogy. Maybe Christian funerals are different where you live, but I have been to literally dozens over the years and have yet to see giant airbrushed pictures of a bloodied Jesus nailed to a cross on a casket, nor have I seen the deceased dressed up in bloodied cloths with a thorned bloody crown on their head, bloody spear in their side or whatever else. What I have seen numerous times is someone placing a small crucifix pendant or rosary in the coffin with them, so this couple had placed a small "hatchet man" chain in the casket, that would have been something comparable to the christian crucifix/rosary thing.

To answer your question, yes, if I had been to a Christian funeral with a large airbrushing of a bloody Jesus nailed to a cross on the coffin and the dead dressed up in bloody cloths and thorns, spears etc. I would find it both insulting and incredibly inappropriate, and I am not even a very religious person. (as I'm almost positive most everyone else attending would as well)

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: numonkei]
    #8484211 - 06/04/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It takes a certain human archetype to be a juggalo. Do you think it's a coincidence that people that like icp generally tend to be the same? That's why they have a following, they are socially inept retards that give other retards something to admire. No offense. :haha:

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineMYSTIQUE
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8484215 - 06/04/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Afroshroomerican said:
Wait wait.

They promote sexism yet are that loving towards their mothers and often have female juggalos in their videos?

Do you know Christianity upheld sexism for centuries and continues to do so?

Do you know there are references to violence in the Bible and Quran?

Are you just blindly making these claims without looking at the big picture?

I'm an agnostic-theist  mainly for this reason.  Organized religions take this leap of supremacy I just can't deal with.

Sorry if i'm so vehement; I really can't stand this type of stuff :/. 

And tons of music by "Christian-affiliated" artists has been violent. cmon. get real

You've got those two racist Prussian Blue girls who are "Stead-fast Christians" singing of killing everyone who isn't lilly white.

:lol:

They are a band made by the cooperation not something to find values in.

Now I am sure that if you listen long enuff you will find values in ICP MAYBE like you would find some values in the bible and you have to hope to get the postive ones.

But This is not about icp. This is about a dead child with parents that didnt refelect the babys beauty or pureness in any way at that funeral.

A simple picture of icp near the casket with the baby in a nice dress.

You will not see a christian with a big pictures of jesus on there shirt in a casket. A white dress is tastefull. a suit is tastefull. SATAN SUCKS or JESUS IS MY HOMEBOY tee will not be seen.

Same with jewish people I cant see a big mosses on there shirt or something.

If i seen a baby with a red and white striped jesus tee shirt and there casket made up with crosses and stuff like a racecare it would be just as disrepectful to the baby as this was.

--------------------

OfflineMYSTIQUE
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: Geomancer]
    #8484222 - 06/04/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Geomancer said:
(I must comment on this remark)

Quote:

TheHappieHippies said:
An insult is to put a commercial symbol of a psychopathic hatchet man on your baby at its funeral and on its coffin

Would you call it an insult if it had instead been a wounded, bleeding man nailed to a cross?

Bad analogy. Maybe Christian funerals are different where you live, but I have been to literally dozens over the years and have yet to see giant airbrushed pictures of a bloodied Jesus nailed to a cross on a casket, nor have I seen the deceased dressed up in bloodied cloths with a thorned bloody crown on their head, bloody spear in their side or whatever else. What I have seen numerous times is someone placing a small crucifix pendant or rosary in the coffin with them, so this couple had placed a small "hatchet man" chain in the casket, that would have been something comparable to the christian crucifix/rosary thing.

To answer your question, yes, if I had been to a Christian funeral with a large airbrushing of a bloody Jesus nailed to a cross on the coffin and the dead dressed up in bloody cloths and thorns, spears etc. I would find it both insulting and incredibly inappropriate, and I am not even a very religious person. (as I'm almost positive most everyone else attending would as well)

ya what I tried to say in my last post but better lol

--------------------

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#8484227 - 06/04/08 04:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'd hardly say ICP "wrote" that song.

The music is obviously from the song "Changes" by TuPac, which was actually just "A dream" by DeBarge sampled.

Then ICP just rapped over the top of it, with cliche sentimental rap-lyrics.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8484237 - 06/04/08 04:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

nice with the debarge ref.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8484242 - 06/04/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

StonedShroom said:
I'd hardly say ICP "wrote" that song.

The music is obviously from the song "Changes" by TuPac, which was actually just "A dream" by DeBarge sampled.

Then ICP just rapped over the top of it, with cliche sentimental rap-lyrics.

:rofl2:

Tupac didn't write that!

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #8484244 - 06/04/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

"...my kid had a fucking clown funeral. Im the most hardcore around here."

haha

wasn't that song originally bruce hornesby or something?

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8484334 - 06/04/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

WEll, there in that picture i saw two winners.. There disregard for themselves is apparent. Half their closets are full of ICP hoodies prolly. With the information i have from that and the way that they treat their appearances (overweight, unshaven, stupid cloths) I'm making the statement that they don't have what it takes to succeed in life as anything more than the lowest levels of scraping by. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have kids because of this, but i would be lying if i didn't mention that i have a feeling something these two fuck ups did CAUSED THE DEATH of that baby. Until I hear their side, I'm going to assume things.

The juggalo funeral is how they cope and deal with their situation. As you all claim, this is their "religion" ( i think its a looser cult, bent on receiving attention in the worst way ie. shock value )and they have patterned their lives to these Posse actions/ideas to the extent that it was imposed on their child perhaps in a way that lead to its death. ICP represents an unhealthy lifestyle with traumatic suggestive music and a deliberate goal of abusing drugs, and alcohol. To each his own, however, Was this mother smoking/ getting fucked up during pregnancy? did she go to the doc and take care of everything she should have? we dont know, but it is possible they fucked up. Its also possible that their warped juggalo reality imposed the failings leading to the death. Fitting to have the hatchet man funeral, it would give closure to them in acknowledging the life style that was inhibitive to the child.

Representing yourself does actually matter- often as a reflection of who you are, what your character is like and how you will act.

Listen to a couple ICP songs and ask if you want to be around people that acctually love their ideas.

I live in detroit and most of us think of the juggalos as a bunch of trailor park idiots trying to look bad ass and have something together that is socialy unacceptable to rebel against whatever they couldnt deal with in the main stream.

--------------------

Oprah's Minion
Male

Re: Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8484406 - 06/04/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
It takes a certain human archetype to be a juggalo. Do you think it's a coincidence that people that like icp generally tend to be the same? That's why they have a following, they are socially inept retards that give other retards something to admire. No offense. :haha:

It takes certain people to promote baseless conspiracy theories despite having NO concrete scientific merit.  Ever notice how hard-headed they are?  Unwilling to admit wrong? It's pervasive amongst them. No offense cause it REALLY is...

Yeah, too easy.  Next, onto something more difficult:

And I don't give a fuck if this lady was a poor mother or not as there are TONS of Christian/Israeli mothers who do awful shit to their babies, but the question of their religious affiliation never arises because it is socially acceptable.

My qualm was that you guys immediately attacked her belief. 

In some countries, white on a baby is disrespect and black is chosen because it is symbolic of continuing life (it makes sense TO ME because black is every color while white is devoid of color or "life") But to the WEST and SOME East, white is PURITY.
But to  others, white on the deceased is AN ABOMINATION. 

Many religions have symbols and messages written in their own dialect.  Maybe it doesn't make sense to them how bowing your head and tepehatically communicating can be efficient?

Bad mother: sure maybe...fuck probably.
Her belief: no.

--------------------

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

#8484447 - 06/04/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Can we stop pretending that ICP is a religion please?

It has the pariphinalia of a cult at best. It doesnt even approach faux religious status due to a LACK OF BELIFE in divinity. There are not prophets, and no pronounced spirituality.

i would call it a belief system. Organized religon, hate it or not, at least is genrally grounded in a sound moral or justice based ideology.

--------------------

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8484455 - 06/04/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

as a self proclaimed agnostic why do you continue to defend her beliefs yet rip on christian and islamic faiths? you are right this is getting more hype because cult's or nrms' are still quite tabboo to a mainstream dominated society, but that doesnt negate the fact that their post death actions (the funeral and the interview that StonedShroom posted) are pretty fucked up.

another problem i have with their religious following is that it is market based. sure mainstream religions make their money too but its not getting racked in by a couple of rappers and a tshirt/hoodie screen printing company.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck