Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Papaver bracteatum
    #8460723 - 05/29/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Found references to this plant here:

MOD EDIT: Sorry, no links to non sponsors. Please read the rules.

It was listed on that page as also producing appreciable amounts of opium. Here they listed it as containing more thebaine than anything else, but it is alkaloids from cultured cells that were analysed. Also it mentioned there that they produce appreciable amounts of dopamine. Which if purified, could maybe be used for doping cacti. Not really a replacement for P. somniferum, but I thought that it was interesting.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Edited by felixhigh (05/29/08 05:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: Papaver bracteatum [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #8460886 - 05/29/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well never mind on the links, at any rate, it looks as though I'm going to have to hit up the library for a Merk Index for more chemistry. However I found a 60mg Dopamine/100mL H2O solubility and none such solubility listed for Thebaine. I would like to find out more, but that would be fucking cool if you could do a fairly simple extraction process for rendering said compound. I wonder what the max % of mescaline possible is in Trichocerus and Lophophoria sp is. I remember reading a post of a guy who was doping his cubies with DMT that produced material that made 1+g like rocket fuel. Also P. bracteatum is legal, hardy, and a perennial.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #8467588 - 05/31/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Don't fall for the dopamine/cacti thing. It is a lie. There are threads about it. As far as the DMT/shrooms, I don't buy that either. Extracted DMT needs to be smoked. I would call Bull Shit on that guy.

EG

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: Papaver bracteatum [Re: ethnoguy]
    #8468178 - 05/31/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Shulgin talked about it also. Perhaps whenever the fungus encounters a tryptamine that it can add the 4-ho addition to, it does. You could possibly inject it with DPT and get 4-ho-DPT for an example. The dopamine thing might not work, but that doesn't discredit the mushroom's ability to metabolise DMT into 4-HO-DMT.

This is taken from the "Extensions and Comentary" section of the 4-HO-DET entry from TIHKAL:

Some fascinating studies have been done in Germany where the metabolically active mycelium of some Psilocybe species have been administered diethyltryptamine as a potential diet component. Normally, this mushroom species dutifully converts N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) to psilocin, by introducing a 4-hydroxyl group into the molecule by something that is probably called an indole 4-hydroxylase by the biochemists. You put DMT in, and you get 4-hydroxy-DMT out, and this is psilocin. Maybe if you put Mickey Mouse in, you would get 4-hydroxy-Mickey Mouse out. It is as if the mushroom psyche didn't really care what it was working with, it was simply compelled to do its sacred duty to 4-hydroxylate any tryptamine it came across. It was observed that if you put N,N-diethyltryptamine (DET, not a material found in nature) into the growing process, the dutiful and ignorant enzymes would hydroxylate it to 4-hydroxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (4-HO-DET) a potent drug also not known in nature. This is the title drug of this commentary. What a beautiful burr to thrust into the natural versus synthetic controversy. If a plant (a mushroom mycelium in this case) is given a man-made chemical, and this plant converts it, using its natural capabilities, into a product that had never before been known in nature, is that product natural? What is natural? This is the stuff of many long and pointless essays.

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #8474564 - 06/02/08 11:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well, if this is the case, I sure would like to see some pretty hard evidence in a journal. I would also like to know which species this was done with, and if it is only possible in some Psilocybe species.

Sometimes I wonder who ever got it in there head to try such a thing. If it works, it will just be a matter of time before someone around here has a good tek.

EG

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract