Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleItchycooGirl
Muse
Female

Loc: California
SImple salvia question
    #8462651 - 05/30/08 04:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hi guys. Weve just ordered some 5x standardized and 10x standardized salvia from BBB. Ive never done salvia before and am looking forward to it. Ive read that you need to use something hotter than a regular Bic-type cigarette lighter to get a good burn. But Ive also read that becuase the standardized is so much more concentrated, you can use a Bic lighter just fine. Is that true? I hope so cuz it would be more convenient. Or should I get a more powerful lighter? If so, can you recommend exactly what I should ask for at my local smoke shop? If I use a regular one, will some of the stuff go to waste, or will I have to use more? Im as prepared for the experience as I can be, but its just this lighter business that Im unsure of.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to this weekend if it gets here by then!

xx
Itchycoo Girl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetenacioustornado
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: SImple salvia question [Re: ItchycooGirl]
    #8462670 - 05/30/08 04:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

my friends have gotten effects from regular lighter, but a torch is more effective it just means they woulda been blown away by using a torch instead of bic.If you don't wanna waste a single pich then get a torch,otherwise try a pinch with the bic.

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
Re: SImple salvia question (moved) [Re: ItchycooGirl]
    #8462721 - 05/30/08 05:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Ethnobotanical Garden.

Reason:
better forum

InvisibleItchycooGirl
Muse
Female

Loc: California
Re: SImple salvia question [Re: tenacioustornado]
    #8463901 - 05/30/08 02:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thank you!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: SImple salvia question [Re: ItchycooGirl]
    #8465858 - 05/30/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

regular lighter 100%
but light it fast and deliberately inhale deep, and hold.
for 5x start with ~1/10th of a gram and sit with that.
explore from there

(I personally am unable to smoke that much of it or else I tear my clothes off and writhe onthe floor and can't remember how weird it was, but I am what you call a soft head, most people use 2-4 times what I take.)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: SImple salvia question [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8465871 - 05/30/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ive never found the torch thing to work any better than an ordinary lighter. I have, however, learned that a bong works far greater than any other pipe. Just hold it, hold it longer, and continue to hold it

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlineharryp2000
Stranger
Male

Re: SImple salvia question [Re: satyr]
    #8468392 - 05/31/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

My first and only journey so far with salvia was used with a water bong and torch lighter, I've read using a torch lighter is the best way to get a full trip with salvia due to the chemicals that need to be burnt around 240 degrees c so wikipedia says.

Prepare yourself to be transported to another realm if you smoke it and get to a higher level with it, my first trip was kind of unexpected, me and a friend and my brother decided to try it after I'd read about this amazing plant, not having much luck smoking small amounts I filled up a bong lids worth whilst mixing some house music and inhaled deeply not really expecting what was to come.

About 10-20 seconds of having the smoke in my lungs I exhaled and at the same time the house song I was mixing broke down and phazed out and at that point I felt as if I were in a new, fresh state of being totally in the moment, I then picked up the record that I had finished mixing with, it was a clear see-through vinyl disc, my had became one with the record, melting into it, my brother and friend told me after the trip I dropped it but I don't remember doing it.

I remember telling my friend and brother I'd be back in a while I think I'm tripping or something along those lines, I didn't know what to expect or what I was in for but went along with it, (I think flowing with what the plant shows you is the best way to go and not fight it, just prepare yourself before smoking and remember you'll return even if it seems like eternity in your trip in another realm, you will be back!)

Back to the trip, I remember looking at my trainers which have foreign languages printed on them and abstract art and not knowing what they were all about just seeing these funny shaped objects, this is where the trip started to accelerate.

I began to obtain tunnel vision almost, it was as if there were walls where my peripheral vision used to be, I could only look straight ahead and turn clockwise, then I felt a huge wind force with unimaginable force pull me backwards, I was in the seated position just flying backwards, my brother and friend told me after the trip it looked surreal.

I began falling through huge structured tunnels, I could see but it was as if I had no body, like my soul or part of my got out of my body and began to fly, it felt amazing, strange, beautiful and bizarre at the same time, a feeling of wordless and awe was what I felt, these tunnels ended and I emerged in a blue realm with structures, I was being shown and experiencing a huge organic structure.

I drifted out of the trip feeling as if I were swimming up through water, my brother and friend were calling me name and I was laying on the bed, at first I wasn't sure what had happened, had I just imagined that, where had I been, it seemed at first as if I had blacked out but after a few seconds everything came back to me.

This trip was over a year ago now and typing this just brings it back so freshly, before you smoke this amazing leaf don't underestimate it.

Take it easy everyone, love and peace to everyone, I'm a little stoned and seem to have typed loads so cheers if you've managed to read all of this!

Harry.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: SImple salvia question [Re: harryp2000]
    #8470029 - 06/01/08 05:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I checked that wikipedia entry (which is incorrect)
Quote:

Smoking
Dry leaves can be smoked in a pipe, but most users prefer the use of a water pipe to cool the smoke.[31] The temperature required to release salvinorin from the plant material is quite high (about 240°C). A regular flame will work, but the direct application of something more intense, such as the flame produced from a butane torch lighter, is often preferred.[31]
....^(31) a b Siebert (Smoke advice).

the misconception is that the vaporization temperature of 240°C is necessary to release salvinorin into the airstream for absorption in the lungs.
this is untrue and misleading.
1) a 240°C temperature airstream will sear the lungs irreperably.
2) therefore the salvinorin is not vapor upon entry into living lung tissue it has to be liquid droplets (or you would die)
3) the leaf burns at a much lower termperature (i.e. regular lighter) and if the smoker inhales quickly, no salvinorin will remain on the ashes.
4) all the salvinorin (as tiny liquid droplets) enters the quickly drawn airstream safely to the smoker's lungs with no intermediate overhigh temperature if they use a regular bic lighter.

I have advised Daniel Siebert that his wording which is actually different than wikipedia claims, still suggests a torch (though it says handheld butane lighter not torch and a bic lighter is a hand held butane lighter) - he probably changed it!
Quote:

SMOKING: from http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html
Dried leaves can be smoked in a pipe. They need to be smoked hot and the smoke must be inhaled deeply and quickly to have an effect. Because salvinorin requires high temperatures to vaporize, it is best to hold a flame immediately above the leaves, drawing it down into the leaves the whole time you inhale. The leaves can be smoked in a short-stemmed tobacco pipe, in a bong, or in a "steamroller" pipe. Fill up a medium size bowl with leaves. Use a hand-held butane lighter that will go out when you are no longer pressing it, not a match.

this part of the quote is still confusing:
"Because salvinorin requires high temperatures to vaporize, it is best to hold a flame immediately above the leaves, drawing it down into the leaves the whole time you inhale."
actually you do not need to vaporize at all, the hot air liquid salvinorin extraction occurs as the leaf turns to ash and the user inhales quickly - it is as simple as that! - but you do need to inhale a lot of it quickly or you will not obtain threashold effects.

this explains also why a short pipe works better than a long pipe or water bong, the direct draw, pulls the salvinorin droplets off of the salvia ash very efficiently, and the sticky droplets do not get diverted to any extraneous pipe lenght surfaces or lost in intermediate cooling waters.

therefore I advise using less equipment than more equipment with salvia divinorum and it's extracts. just pull quickly and deeply on the burning material.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom