Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

dextrose liquid culture tek?
    #8467987 - 05/31/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,

got 11 syringes from ralphster and a couple of buckets of dextrose (used for beer making).  I want t get some liquid cultures going, and looking for a tek.  I have half pint jars I can use.  I'm thinking of mixing up this recipe, filling into jars, and PC for (?) 1 hour.  Then inoculate and micropore the injection holes.  I also have whatman synthetic filter disks that I could put in the lids, but if i'm injecting with a needle i'll need tape, and then i'm concerned about gas exchange (?).

here is the dextrose LC recipe:

"Dextrose Tek" Liquid Media (Corn Sugar Broth)

1 Teaspoon Powdered Dextrose (corn sugar)
    75 ml water  [17]

do you guys think i shuld find a tek, or just do as i outlined above.  Also, need thoughts on the filter disk/tape/mutlispore injection issue.

cheers :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeobean
Adept Mycologist
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: dextrose liquid culture tek? [Re: nonlinear]
    #8467998 - 05/31/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nonlinear said:
Hi,

got 11 syringes from ralphster and a couple of buckets of dextrose (used for beer making).  I want t get some liquid cultures going, and looking for a tek.  I have half pint jars I can use.  I'm thinking of mixing up this recipe, filling into jars, and PC for (?) 1 hour.  Then inoculate and micropore the injection holes.  I also have whatman synthetic filter disks that I could put in the lids, but if i'm injecting with a needle i'll need tape, and then i'm concerned about gas exchange (?).

here is the dextrose LC recipe:

"Dextrose Tek" Liquid Media (Corn Sugar Broth)

1 Teaspoon Powdered Dextrose (corn sugar)
    75 ml water  [17]

do you guys think i shuld find a tek, or just do as i outlined above.  Also, need thoughts on the filter disk/tape/mutlispore injection issue.

cheers :smile:

If you want to invest time in this hobby, and avoid losing time, you should avoid making LCs from multispore inoculations. I recommend you start on agar, or clone your best fruits from your first yield to make your LCs...

--------------------
If y0u want s0meting gr0wn right, y0u g0tta gr0w it y0urself!!!

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

#8468018 - 05/31/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

OK great, well i have a couple rolls of sterile plastic petri dishes. just gotta get some agar, and maybe make a destrose agar media. I asked about this on the board a few weeks ago, and then people encouraged me to just do LCs. Also, I can't find a dextrose agar tek (only LC), so i'm not sure if i need potato infusion or if i can just roll with the dextrose.

also, i could very easily do up multispore agar AND LC. i got 11 syringes and also doing lots of grain to grain, so i'm not in a tight spot or anything. just want to try things and learn more.

what do you guys think?

peace out

--------------------

OfflineNeobean
Adept Mycologist
Male

#8468030 - 05/31/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nonlinear said:
OK great, well i have a couple rolls of sterile plastic petri dishes. just gotta get some agar, and maybe make a destrose agar media. I asked about this on the board a few weeks ago, and then people encouraged me to just do LCs. Also, I can't find a dextrose agar tek (only LC), so i'm not sure if i need potato infusion or if i can just roll with the dextrose.

also, i could very easily do up multispore agar AND LC. i got 11 syringes and also doing lots of grain to grain, so i'm not in a tight spot or anything. just want to try things and learn more.

what do you guys think?

peace out

Well the reason multispore LC is discouraged, is because you can't see contamination. As for agar, you can find it at your local health store or even a grocery store if you're lucky (in the natural products or asian products section). Also, you might want to get some light malt extract(instead of dextrose) from your local beer/wine store for your agar.

In any case, I encourage you to look at RR's videos, as they are priceless if you want to get a solid base in mycology.

--------------------

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

Re: dextrose liquid culture tek? [Re: Neobean]
    #8468048 - 05/31/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yea man, i have RR dvd.  i've watched it all several times, but i don't think he covers LC on there :frown:

--------------------

OfflineNeobean
Adept Mycologist
Male

#8468058 - 05/31/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nonlinear said:
yea man, i have RR dvd.  i've watched it all several times, but i don't think he covers LC on there :frown:

Thats because he uses his agar wedges to inoculate...
Maybe you should ask him what tek he uses :rockon:

--------------------

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

Re: dextrose liquid culture tek? [Re: Neobean]
    #8468061 - 05/31/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ok i'll go down to superstore and grab some agar LOL. maybe i'll make some vegan jell-o also or somethign. and no, i'm not vegan

--------------------

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #8469356 - 05/31/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you should use malt instead of dextrose. Dextrose sucks when it comes to lc's.

1/2 teaspoon of malt to 500ml of water

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates