Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFadedSoulJah
Stranger

Pan Subs Outdoors?
    #7155783 - 07/10/07 10:16 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everyone, got a wicked question...

I live in Southern ontario, in an area where Panaeolous subbalteus(Sp?) grow abundantly, even on front lawns....

Now for the question...
Hypothetically speaking, I have a large back yard that is in a nicely shaded area that stays cool and moist and I've collected sevral pan subbs as well as foens(non active) from this lawn, right?

What I'm thinking is I'd like to tear up a large patch of grass say 3m squared, and attempt to re-create a massive pan subb patch...
I'd like to:

Tear up said patch, then dig down about6 inches and mulch in the already existing network of mycellia and spores, then add some finely aged straw/horse pooh compost,to wich I would add at least a 100+ dark black spore prints to the mix and then cover with a coupple of rolls of sod, and water until colonization....
Would any of this work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFadedSoulJah
Stranger

Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: FadedSoulJah]
    #7156474 - 07/10/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, anyone?
The reason I ask is because there are really no other actives around this area, and I've unsuccessfully tried to do cubes outside, so I want to do a LARGE patch of something that I know for sure works in this area....It obviously needs a ton of fine tuning, but who better to turn to than the shroomery?
so any info or help would be tremendously appreciated....
Has anyone ever tried to colonize Pan sub spores before? Or spawn wild mycelia to new substrate?
Is it even worth doing?

OfflineAgentClaret
Creepy Freakouts
Male

Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: FadedSoulJah]
    #8452903 - 05/27/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

this is a great question... no takers?

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/DyBYcsu.png

Offlinemolimo140
Hilario

Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: AgentClaret]
    #8453004 - 05/27/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Here's an article on the cultivation of Pan Subbs.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_cultivation24.shtml

May be of some help.

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: molimo140]
    #8453078 - 05/27/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have been attempting to isolate a sterile mycelium culture of panaeolus subbalteatus for two years now. I have had limited success due to my working conditions and lack of know-how but now I am starting to get along quite nicely with some agar cultures.

Here is pan. subb mycelium running on unsterilized straw and peat. incubatingat 86 degrees.

Here is a picture of Mucor. Probably the most common and one of the most difficult contams to prevent. It is aggresive and easily overtakes agar plates if given the chance. Also notice the cobweb developing over it. This was allowed a week to grow. If you have a contaminated print and you dont have the right media like Malt Extract Agar (MEA), you will get this.

Notice the mycelium being overrun.

One weird thing I have noticed is that Pan subbs can grow very small scleriota. Like these little blue ones growing in a glass cup from brown rice flour.

Glovebox is a MUST if doing wild spore prints.

I know you want to do it outdoors. My best recommendation would be to take several specimens, cut them up, and sprinkle them on pasteurized poo and let incubate outside with a bunch of straw mixed in. Maybe grow spawn and then spread it to a pile of compost/manure/straw. If you dont have specimens, you can use spore prints.

Edited by Subbedhunter420 (05/27/08 10:55 PM)

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #8453120 - 05/27/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i got a subb grow outdoor. The mycelium is just starting too grow ill post pics soon.

OfflineAgentClaret
Creepy Freakouts
Male

Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8467793 - 05/31/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you guys are awesome.

i bought a roll of sod today and im gonna raid some straw from a local high school field... the only thing i lack is the dung... do i gotta get real fresh horse/cow crap, or will a bag of manure from lowes work?

im gonna have to walk so far to water this shit every day...

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/DyBYcsu.png

Offlinejapa2222
The Boomslang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: AgentClaret]
    #8468205 - 05/31/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I wonder if you could do the cardboard tek with subbs then create other spawn media from that to boost your pathc.

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
Re: Pan Subs Outdoors? [Re: japa2222]
    #8469151 - 05/31/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have tried growing mycelium on cardboard before and it didnt work well. It contaminated much faster than regular MEA

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract