Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
What is Time?
    #845465 - 08/26/02 08:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Whats Time?
-----------

As I look about this Reality I see that it is made of substances like space and time. It seems obvious that there are three useful dimensions of space, and what appears to be one dimension of time.

Time, unlike space, is only accessible in one direction, meaning we have only moved forward and not backwards, and have no current means of backwards time travel. Time, at least as I know it, does not behave like a dimension of space. Space and time are two different concepts. I believe in analyzing time differently than analyzing a spatial dimension.

Here are some thoughts about time:

Time is a fuel. Time fuels the spatial dimensions of the universe. Time gives rise to randomness and relativity. Space gives rise to patterns and consistency.

Reality is more parts pattern than randomness. This is observable through experience. I see that I have still existed since I was born: that is a pattern over time. You spend more time in this life because of patterns than you do because of randomness. Chaotic random events aren't destroying this world: instead, we are thriving on Earth in patterns. We build better patterns to shut the randomness out.

We've got the environment to protect us, and our planet is protected by a solar system, its galaxy, and its universe.

The brain notices changes in time. It has charted an evolutionary course that used simple nervous systems to control multicellular organisms. The brains of animals have always been trying to control their bodies, and their bodies always trying to control reality. Looking past the body to find the brains behind it is an important biological concept. Now we know why a body does what a body does: the brain tells it to. What is behind the brain?

The body is really about space, the brain is really about time. The body exists to live in space, and the brain thinks with the aid of time. Over time the brain builds greater and greater thoughts. The brain doesn't think a great thought out of the womb and then get progressively dumber. The brain grows with time.

Time is about change and evolution. Our brains are the most changing and evolving organ on the planet. Time is being controlled by a living Earth. Our brains are the receptors for this gigantic Gaian organism. Our global brain funnels time to evolve the spatial Earth. We are time machines!

We pick and choose the best bits of randomness from time. We make better patterns by combining them with randomness: trial and error. The resulting new patterns that work best are naturally selected to continue. Those successful patterns are then too combined with randomness, and evolution continues.

When a mind is on psilocin, it is operating in a faster state. This state uses more "fuel" to run than the normal state of the brain. That fuel is energy and time. With energy, you can operate faster. With more time, you can think more efficiently. That is, more thoughts per "absolute time" unit than other people. You are, through relativity, going faster in time than others and thus using more of it. On psilocin time appears to slow down: it is thicker. This state cannot be sustained by the brain for long, and to compensate, the brain takes long breaks to recoup.

The combination of psilocin and the human brain, has resulted in a massive, rapid use of time. In the last major phase of human evolution, the mind used these psychedelic drugs to build arts, cultures, societies, religions, governments, sciences, and so on.

The brain is a gigantic molecular jigsaw jumble, made of patterns of particles, so complex as to defy definition. DMT is one of these pieces of the jigsaw puzzle. DMT is nearly identical to psilocin, which suggests psilocin had an effect on the existence of this puzzle. Is it a profound effect? Yes, just as the effect on evolution of any other molecule is. It is just one of the effects, which happened to be a recent one.

DMT is either the attempt to imitate psilocin, stopping-short when DMT had gave advantage and being easier to make. Or, DMT is what it is, and psilocin simply jiggles the brain a degree differently than how DMT jiggles the brain. As humans evolve higher-DMTed brains, there have been schizophrenik misfires.

Simon Posford once said that while on DMT, elves showed him what time was. Never having tried DMT, I cant be sure of this: somehow, psilocin is used by the brain as a tool to accelerate in time. During that time, it can create complex thoughts.

When we die, DMT is released by the pineal, why? Do we travel far forward in time at that moment? Strassman calls DMT the spirit molecule: our souls leave the body when DMT is released. Perhaps humanity builds an afterlife (or aliens have already built one) and we travel there with the use of DMT. Perhaps DMT is that last piece that completes the pattern of our soul.

We are time flowing through space: souls flowing through bodies.

Time is a multidimensional fuel. It is one "big" dimension, and many "smaller" ones. I suspect that the "curled-up" dimensions of string theory are actually subdimensions of time. Time is not "a dimension". It neither behaves like one nor can be defined as one.

We know there are three spatial dimensions. But time is not like space in any sense. One may say we travel back or forward in time, but saying doesn't make it so. Look around you. Are people time travelling? I don't see it. Time is a fuel. Using psilocin, our brains can create an expanded tap into this multidimensional fuel stream.

We use more time. That is what we have evolved to do, and what we evolve to do better. Our bodies traverse space, our minds traverse time.

When I look at our language I hear people talk about time, and when they do, it is always in a sense of it being a fuel. "I need more time". "Time is money". "Experience is built with time". You rarely hear people say "I went back in time" or "I'm going to go forward in time", and when they do say it, they don't do it. So I believe that, as beings made out of space and time, our language and our actions reflect the reality of time's nature. We metaphorically talk about time as fuel because we have no choice.

ok so where else am i gonna post this crap? :P

comments wanted!!!

(pattern)

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (05/07/03 03:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: What is Time? [Re: pattern]
    #845494 - 08/26/02 09:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In our youth, we think our time is endless.

In our teens, good times roll, as if time is never ending.

In our twenties, time brings love.

In our thirties, time brings children.

In our fourties, time brings patience.

In our fifties, time brings forfilment.

In our sixties, we wish we could turn back in time, to our twenties.

In our seventies, we begin to realize how little time we have left.

In time : we die, our soul departs & our time begins anew, somewhere else.

SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Edited by SixTango (08/26/02 09:06 PM)

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#845748 - 08/27/02 02:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

interesting

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#846576 - 08/27/02 09:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Your philosophical rant was very nice to read; keep up the good work!

After reading Dr. Strassman?s "DMT, The Spirit Molecule", my thoughts on the possibility that the mind sees dark mater (which is about 90% of all universal matter) when we are in these "altered" states of consciousness induced by psychedelics / hallucinogens really began to crystallize (pun intended). This sort of theory has a natural vibe with me. I can relate to it, it makes an uncanny sense to me. We see dark matter when we hallucinate. Oh yeah, that can make sense. I mean, where are these "visions" coming from? What "entities" live in the dark matter? Do dead human "souls" live in this dark matter? These questions precipitate (again, pun intended) in my mind after reading Strassman?s work.

Also, when dwelling in Terence McKenna's "The Invisible Landscape", my thoughts on the non-linearity of time took form. Is time really linear? Is the Eschaton at 12/21/12 a break from times linearity? Are we able to go back in time? How? So many questions arise from his work.

And regretfully college has started, and I don't have much time to dwell on these mind-states. Fortunately my studies are indirectly related...

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: What is Time? [Re: Brukan]
    #846814 - 08/27/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I can't wait until I get to try DMT.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: What is Time? [Re: Murex]
    #846879 - 08/27/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> I can't wait until I get to try DMT.

Me too man... I'm waiting till I got a good job, good life, etc, first Should make the trip better! it's hard to talk about DMT when i haven't tried it

awesome replies! i want more!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

#846914 - 08/27/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I always thought of time as something we perceive because we aren't eternal. Not in this form, at least. Since we have a beginning and an end we can mark the points in between.. Without a beginning and end, no marker is anymore significant than the next. So we have 'time' to judge our lack of eternal self awareness in this current state of being.

Did that even make sense..?

Offlinecroftsk
cupcake

Re: What is Time? [Re: ]
    #848239 - 08/28/02 12:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i kinda agree with immaculate, i think that time is simply our linear perception of things in this dimension, i could go on about this but i'm not going to

--------------------
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.
You are free. - Jim Morrison

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: What is Time? [Re: croftsk]
    #848291 - 08/28/02 01:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

... the moving interface between history and possibility ...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: What is Time? [Re: ]
    #848330 - 08/28/02 02:53 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> I always thought of time as something we perceive because we aren't eternal.

It makes sense, but I'm not eternal, so I have no frame of reference here

I'll just go with what I can experience. I try to explain the life I am living now.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (08/28/02 02:55 AM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #848351 - 08/28/02 03:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In the movie "Waking Life", there's a scene where the director of the movie talks about someone's theory of time. I agree with this theory.

He basically says that there is no time, and that there is only one enternal moment in which "God" is asking us over and over and over weither we want to join him again in the oneness of heaven. We're all saying "no no, not just yet" most of the time.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #848487 - 08/28/02 05:19 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Memory causes the illusion of time.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: What is Time? [Re: Revelation]
    #848506 - 08/28/02 05:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If time is an illusion... why do all our watches sync up so nicely?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

Re: What is Time? [Re: Sclorch]
    #848516 - 08/28/02 05:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Group hypnosis?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #848518 - 08/28/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Because we made the watches to sync. Just like we labeled time.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is Time? [Re: Shroomism]
    #848567 - 08/28/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sure... we made time... no, we just came up with the concept of keeping track of our continuous, successive existence. Time is not a static force or 'thing'. The fact that existence is successive (series of consecutive moments) means that 'time' is a concept, that's all. There's no trickery here.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #848581 - 08/28/02 06:30 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It's only the clock that's going around and around...it's doing it thing, it's doing what we created it to do - but you are sitting watching it from the here and now..always.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #848600 - 08/28/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah that was what I was going for. Point being time does not neccessarily move at the same speed as our clocks.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is Time? [Re: Revelation]
    #848602 - 08/28/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Riiiiight...

Having a consciousness necessarily anchors one's awareness in the present. It does not follow that our existence is not successive because of such anchoring.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is Time? [Re: Shroomism]
    #848608 - 08/28/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Point being time does not neccessarily move at the same speed as our clocks.

I would posit that, since time is only a concept, time doesn't move at all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale