Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Who else doesn't like tripping with other people?
    #8468194 - 05/31/08 06:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've come to not like it at all. I'd much rather be sober than trip with others. I don't wanna deal with their shit, and I don't like it when they feel like they need to deal with my shit, especially when I don't need to be dealt with.

--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: jewunit]
    #8468202 - 05/31/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Last time I tripped with other people, my dog was held hostage. I really don't like finding out who is confronting their demons when I'm trying to fly.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#8468207 - 05/31/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I hate tripping with other people. My girl is the only one I can deal with, because we're always on the same level. Some of my friends would have nights where they would all take mushrooms and hang out at one of their apartments. It was anywhere from 4-7 people at a time. That is my definition of hell.

People suck when they are tripping, especially the people I know. They are annoying as shit, think every stupid little thing is worthy of a giggle-fest, then on the comedown it is the most awkward atmosphere to be in. I would rather cut a finger off than trip with those people.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: DNKYD]
    #8468211 - 05/31/08 06:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It depends on the people for me. I have some tripping buddies that are great, and I've tripped with people who I never want to trip with again.

Set and setting. Set and setting. Set and setting.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #8468215 - 05/31/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Not to say I'm better than anyone else, but yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I just keep to myself when I'm tripping, I hate those overbearing fucks who feel the need to make sure I have a good time, or think that everything they find intriguing I will also be into.

The absolute worst though are the people who always ask you questions. "How you feelin' man? Are you trippin' hard? Are you okay?"
Yes, I'm fucking fine, now shut up.

--------------------
!

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#8468232 - 05/31/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Amen.

The thing with these people is the hardest trip they've ever had has been mushrooms or acid, and small quantities at that. These are the people that would be in way way over their head if they were to try salvia or DMT, or something like a 5 gram mushroom trip.

And I agree with stupid "how you feeling" questions. If it's more than an hour into my trip it's safe to say I was feeling pretty damn good until you opened your mouth and started asking dumb questions.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #8468253 - 05/31/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I did most of my experimenting solo, I think with groups of people low doses are usually the best, you can communicate effectivley, but still be "there"

Higher doses I like to be alone. You cant think as hard if you have a bunch of people all around you bringing you out of your brain every 5 minutes.

tripping with people, or going solo both have their strong points. It just depends on what you think you want to get out of it.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#8468265 - 05/31/08 06:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I almost always trip alone tf there are people around I usaully tell them it's time to go.

I feel there is alot of pressure on both parties especially the sober one, and they treat me different, and I dont need to worry about social interactions while I am really fucked up. I just dont like it.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: sui]
    #8468274 - 05/31/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Inexperienced people get really annoying. I hate when someone is like are you alright man your being really quite. Maybe I was in deep introspective thought.

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: Gainer]
    #8468292 - 05/31/08 06:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Stimulating conversation with a like-minded individual while mildly tripping is a good time in my book, but I definitely know what you mean in being bothered by others tripping.

It's all about finding a good crew!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: circularvortex]
    #8468296 - 05/31/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

dealing with shit is always hard
and its somthing we all would rather not do

in a hypersensitive state it can be real annoying

but i still love to trip with others

there are ways to deal with shit without feeling like it

--------------------

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: Gainer]
    #8468305 - 05/31/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gainer said:
Inexperienced people get really annoying. I hate when someone is like are you alright man your being really quite. Maybe I was in deep introspective thought.

exactly what I was talking about last time I tripped with others I took acid and my freinds asked me probably 20 times if I was alright or if I was really tripping because I was just sitting there deep in thought. Its fucking anoying.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #8468368 - 05/31/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Not to say I'm better than anyone else, but yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I just keep to myself when I'm tripping, I hate those overbearing fucks who feel the need to make sure I have a good time, or think that everything they find intriguing I will also be into.

i am somewhat guilty of being one of those "overbearing fucks". i mean, i dont think im really overbearing about it. but when i trip with others i want everyone to have a good time, along with me. i love to talk about my trip, what im thinking, what im seeing... and im interested in hearing about your trip as well. im not sure why i feel the need to analyze my trip so much, or why i would prefer to verbalize my thoughts than to keep them quiet. maybe i want the external input on my ideas, i dont know. but i am a very social individual, especially when tripping.

but thats not to say i dont understand where you are coming from. if someone were to tell me to kindly shut the fuck up, or go away... i have no problem taking my shinanigans elsewhere. and i too usually end up looking for some time away from the crowd as well. i try to get along with everyone, ya know?

Quote:

jewunit said:
The absolute worst though are the people who always ask you questions. "How you feelin' man? Are you trippin' hard? Are you okay?"
Yes, I'm fucking fine, now shut up.

this kind of shit however, i cant deal with either.

i tripped with my mom once... it was an awesome time, but the setting was just a little bit out of control. it was when i was first getting into growing mushrooms, and i was proud of my first grow. had 9 people over at the house, all tripping... at a higher dose than they should have been, myself included. anyway, long story short shit got pretty intense. nothing too dramatic or dangerous, just intense. my mother, tripping for the first time was very concerned and worried about everyone... thats just the way my mom is in general, but this was very much enhanced by the mushrooms.

she just about sent my brother into a bad trip with the constant nagging, "are you ok?" asking someone if they are ok repeatedly when in such a state, can easily make them start to question themselves. am i ok? its very easy to get paranoid about it and wig the fuck out...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #8468429 - 05/31/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I know what you are saying I suppose, but there is not problem if someone asks me how the trip is going, I like to discuss a decent amount during some parts, but yeah more so on LSD, mushrooms I dont like to talk much, its just a lil diff of a vibe.

I like to trip with people that actually really enjoy tripping, if that makes sense. I like to bullshit with "smart" people or something, I dunno... I feel like a little bit of an elitist or something, but I tend to find that tripping alone is pretty good, but good people are fun to share the experience with.

Just depends on a lot I guess. Just have to roll with it or change settings :smile:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #8468450 - 05/31/08 07:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
Quote:

jewunit said:

i am somewhat guilty of being one of those "overbearing fucks". i mean, i dont think im really overbearing about it. but when i trip with others i want everyone to have a good time, along with me. i love to talk about my trip, what im thinking, what im seeing... and im interested in hearing about your trip as well. im not sure why i feel the need to analyze my trip so much, or why i would prefer to verbalize my thoughts than to keep them quiet. maybe i want the external input on my ideas, i dont know. but i am a very social individual, especially when tripping.

but thats not to say i dont understand where you are coming from. if someone were to tell me to kindly shut the fuck up, or go away... i have no problem taking my shinanigans elsewhere. and i too usually end up looking for some time away from the crowd as well. i try to get along with everyone, ya know?

I know what you mean, I am kind of the same way. I think tripping is great in some social situations, just has to be cool people to bullshit with, I like to talk about the experience, like I said LSD more so, with mushrooms I find it hard to talk sometimes though. LSD though I find talking about random stuff is real fun, but yea many times I find most people aren't weird like me I guess, I enjoy the "finer" aspects of tripping if that makes sense, hahaha... not like I take it so seriously but talkin about life and etc is kinda natural for me on LSD. Its some peoples nature, but of course its all good either way I suppose. But I could see for most people alone is pretty good once experienced.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #8468485 - 05/31/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i'm not a social tripper, i'd rather fry all alone.

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #8468513 - 05/31/08 07:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

deal with it.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: moosehead]
    #8468546 - 05/31/08 08:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

moosehead said:
deal with it.

good advise

i mean thats what tripping is really about

its not about good,bad, happy,sad. being comfy or being weirded out.

you are presented with a deal

some times a big thick juicy deal, some times a fast paced explosiony colorful deal, and sometimes a morbid dark deal, or an introspective personal deal

its up to you to deal with that
whatever it may be

but hey, thats just me

you have a right t be comfy :mushroomgrow:

--------------------

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: notapillow]
    #8468613 - 05/31/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i dont plan on tripping any time in the very near future

because right now i dont want to deal with it

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #8468614 - 05/31/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I tend to agree that higher doses are best handled with minimal social tangents, but low to moderate dosing can be very enjoyable for me, with the right people. Fortunately, I haven't really found myself with the wrong people. Most recently, I had a wonderful trip with three friends, on LSD, only a dose but a nice one to be sure. We hiked to the Griffith Observatory in the Los Angeles foothills and were surrounded by many people during the comeup.

The people I surround myself with tend to be of the introspective type, so it would be rare that they would oafishly project a forceful presence upon the rest of the participants. Of course someone may get a little carried away and ramble on in attempts to explain an abstract thought - but I am comfortable enough to recognize that it's only their excitement that has them getting louder and more obtrusive to my own experience, and upon this recognition, I can as easily interject with an alternate train of thought or (though I don't actually do any sort of conventional meditation) meditate myself to a calm space. My friend will know that I need to be where I choose, and will not press me for a response if I've gone silent.

So anyway, after descending from the Observatory just before dusk, my three friends and myself made our way into the Greek theater for some music. I met two aged peoples, a couple, sitting to my right; and had actually surprised myself in how lucid my conversation with them was throughout the evening. I have my suspicions they have been to similar psychedelic places as I, and their vast plane of experience no doubt helped me feel at ease even as I might have stumbled a sentence or two into an incomprehensible studder.

It truly is all about set and setting. If I am not in a positive head space, and if I have heavy thoughts weighing on my mind, I will be considerably more apt to discomfort around others as well as by myself. If I have my life in order however, with no reason to worry or fret about anything, it is immeasurably easier to interact with any lot of peoples.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #8468634 - 05/31/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
Quote:

moosehead said:
deal with it.

good advise

some times a big thick juicy deal, some times a fast paced explosiony colorful deal, and sometimes a morbid dark deal, or an introspective personal deal

whatever it may be

but hey, thats just me

So wait, I have a right to be comfy, or I have to deal with it?
Personally, I don't think that's what tripping is all about at all. It's not a "deal I'm presented with."
Or if it is, I choose to not go with it. It's not fun and I find it almost pointless.

People are annoying and overbearing to trip with I find, so I just choose to avoid it and save the shit for myself.

--------------------
!

Offlineallhallows
4th dimensionexplorer
Male

Loc: NJ
    #8468680 - 05/31/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I prefer to trip alone. Friends are fun sometimes, but nothing ruins a trip more than the "yo do you see the face in the tree too?".

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: allhallows]
    #8468689 - 05/31/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Whatever ruins a trip, is all in your own head.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#8468694 - 05/31/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Quote:

notapillow said:
Quote:

moosehead said:
deal with it.

good advise

whatever it may be

but hey, thats just me

So wait, I have a right to be comfy, or I have to deal with it?
Personally, I don't think that's what tripping is all about at all. It's not a "deal I'm presented with."
Or if it is, I choose to not go with it. It's not fun and I find it almost pointless.

People are annoying and overbearing to trip with I find, so I just choose to avoid it and save the shit for myself.

uh...that would be your deal :wink:

hehe

like i said thats just me. but in my experience i have to inpress upon you that every trip is diffrent. and its never good to only trip in your comfort zone. you usualy dont get alot out of the deal that way

and you do have a right to be comfy

but by injesting chemicals you wave that right for x amount of hours

its all you man

dont you let that deal go down

whoa no :gd_icon:

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #8468702 - 05/31/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I understand that every trip is different.
What I don't agree with is this whole "deal" thing. In fact, I don't even know what you're talking about. I'm sure I just don't get it though.
I'd rather not trip outside of my comfort zone, then I would be uncomfortable and I don't see the point in that.
I can get plenty out of a comfortable trip if I so choose.

--------------------
!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#8468713 - 05/31/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

im not saying that at all eaither

set and settign are inportent

and im not saying "go trip in the middle of the freeeway, youll learn alot!"

im just saying every day
every trip

every nano fucking second is a new deal
somtimes people are there somtimes there not

sometimes those folk are real cool uplifting people and sometimes they are annoying overbearing folk

point is you wont know till that deal goes down.

tripping is an individual thing of course. so im not trying to sway you in any way

but people can sometimes....SOMETIMES....be very good for reflection and growth

see yourself in others
ask yourself

what do I do that makes people feel uncofmfy

when am i overbearing to these people

you know crap like that

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#8468717 - 05/31/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. Solo tripping is much better than tripping with random people. The only people I feel comfortable tripping with are one of my exgirlfriends from home and another one of my buddies from home. Good tripping partners are hard to come by.

Tripping alone, FTW. It lets you explore yourself much better.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #8468721 - 05/31/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Pillow, you fuckin' lost me man.

--------------------
!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: Gumby]
    #8468725 - 05/31/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

indeed the solo exploration lets you dive deep.

i love the solo trip

but i cannot say i like it more than tripping with others

just cant

random people, of course are not always the best people o suround yourself with in hypersensitive states.
like a t a show, festival or some other large gathering

but these too can open up the whole group mind phenomenon that so many people find appeling

see raves

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#8468728 - 05/31/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Pillow, you fuckin' lost me man.

success :rainbowcloud:

--------------------

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

#8468840 - 05/31/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I hate tripping with other people. My girl is the only one I can deal with, because we're always on the same level. Some of my friends would have nights where they would all take mushrooms and hang out at one of their apartments. It was anywhere from 4-7 people at a time. That is my definition of hell.

People suck when they are tripping, especially the people I know. They are annoying as shit, think every stupid little thing is worthy of a giggle-fest, then on the comedown it is the most awkward atmosphere to be in. I would rather cut a finger off than trip with those people.

Couldn't of said it better.

I think it all depends on who you are on the level with. Unfortunately, some of my old tripping buddies and I don't seem to be on the same level.

I hate that awkwardness towards the end.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: marshalldylan1]
    #8468894 - 05/31/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I am not sure I see what is so annoying about someone asking someone how their trip is going? What is so horrid about that? Yea, if someone is really overbearing and annoying "hows your trip, hows your trip, hows your trip, etc..." and seems like an idiot, I can see that. But it just seems premature to judge someone and be pissed about tripping with other people.

Tripping with other people that are cool, chill people is absolutely ideal to me. For example, I look forward to sharing experiences with other shroomerites cause, most all of us appreciate tripping pretty well and seem to have a good idea of what tripping is all about. But yeah subjectivity comes into that, but honestly how could sharing a trip with cool people be bad? Some discussion and bs'ing can be entertaining and interesting. Oh well, I guess just choose settings better and never trip with other people if its such a problem?

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: andrewss]
    #8468929 - 05/31/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Don't get me wrong, someone asking me how my trip is going is fine.
But I know a couple people who just have to ask me and watch me all the fucking time. It's really annoying. REALLY annoying.

--------------------
!

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #8469109 - 05/31/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I trip solo almost exclusively now.

All the people I used to trip with were tripping with the intent of getting high. And all they expected out of the trip was to get high and look at the colors. Then when the trip kicked in they didn't seem to enjoy it at all.

My friends insecurities tend to come out while tripping and they start up with behaviors they subconsciously use to distract them from feeling insecure.

One of my friends would talk and talk and talk incessantly and it was so annoying. It became clear that he was trying to draw everyone's attention onto anyone but himself by pointing out things about other people. He often made fun of me or anyone else tripping with us.

He always seemed to be fishing for approval and for other people to validate his opinions. Seemed like he was always trying to prevent people from seeing his own flaws and judging him. Kind of sad but mostly annoying. He was completely unable to just sit quietly with himself and enjoy his trip. He was constantly moving, talking, doing something.. anything.

I agree with jewunit, pillow. You lost me with the deal metaphors. Or maybe it was just cuz I was too busy lol'ing at this
Quote:

notapillow said:
inportent

I'm sorry, I have an english teacher for a father and I picked up his bad habit of pointing out and/or correcting bad spelling and grammar.

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

#8469164 - 05/31/08 11:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

dude, you just need to trip with a man.

with a chest full of hair.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: moosehead]
    #8469204 - 05/31/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm ascared the 'shrooms will make me wanna sleep with him.

--------------------
!

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8469251 - 05/31/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I love tripping on a low dose around allot of people, it feels like everything thing in the universe is fluid and perfect. I'm sure I probably make some people uncomfortable though, I usually refuse to wear shoes, and that can be a problem.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinemyshoesarered
Mushabelly Snoozem
Male

Loc: The Mitt
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: geokills]
    #8469287 - 05/31/08 11:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I hear you. Nobody around here really "gets it". (at the risk of sounding like a prick) Them not getting it usually leads to questions like "What are you seeing? Does this freak you out?" Yes! Of course it does jackass! Yep, me, myself, and mother nature are what I really enjoy on a trip nowadays.

--------------------
"What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun,
and when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud,
I'll be laughing at everyone I see,
Can't believe, how strange it is to be anything at all..."

"...nobody has yet died of amazement & you always come back to planet Earth..."

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: myshoesarered]
    #8469309 - 05/31/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

myshoesarered said:
Yep, me, myself, and mother nature are what I really enjoy on a trip nowadays.

I couldn't agree more? Nothing like hiking back in the woods away from everyone, dosing, and getting back in touch with life. Too bad its getting harder and harder to get away...at least here in Florida. I think next year around this time when my lease is up I'm going to more up to the north west with a friend, and enjoy the nice open space.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinemyshoesarered
Mushabelly Snoozem
Male

Loc: The Mitt
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8469341 - 05/31/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely, that's about the only thing Michigan still offers me. The nature here during the summer is astounding. I'm not patient enough for winter though. When time comes to transfer universities I'll be in the great PNW as well.

--------------------
"What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun,
and when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud,
I'll be laughing at everyone I see,
Can't believe, how strange it is to be anything at all..."

"...nobody has yet died of amazement & you always come back to planet Earth..."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8469376 - 05/31/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I love tripping with others, but not if I'm high-dosing.

If I'm tripping with others and shit is getting overwhelming, I simply find space to be alone. I'm a fan of curling up into a ball and tripping out beneath a blanket if I need private time.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: MOTH]
    #8469551 - 06/01/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i do and i dont. it really depends on my mood.  id say 50% of the time i enjoy tripping alone.    i have been known to decide halfway through a trip that i want to be alone and just dissapear for the night lol.  scares the shit out of some people sometimes.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8469630 - 06/01/08 01:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I get so much out of my solo trips, that I could never get in the company of others.

Then again, vice versa.

But I think it in the case of the first before I consider it in the case of the second.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinefigmentfragment
leaving shroomery

#8469678 - 06/01/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I have tripped with other people on many occasions, close friends, acquaintances and crowds of complete strangers.

I often find myself wandering off by myself anyway, if I seek time alone. It wasn't unusual for any one of us to do so randomly...

You can look out for your friends when they trip...but somewhat like parents, you can't have their trip for them...
You have to let go to a degree.

--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #8469896 - 06/01/08 03:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I have ALAWYS tripped alone, mainly because im above my peers in maturity.

5 years of HIGH dose mushie trips all alone in my parents house, and im still 'ok'. :tongue2:

There is only one guy that i can trip with, and thats because he has been to the places ive been, while he was alone himself.

We connect well, and are able to communicate without even talking.

I cant wait till i get my next batch of M. Hostilis, and extract it for us to share.

Any of my other friends, i wont allow in the same room as shrooms, much less DMT...

Im 23, and hes 16, my other friends are 18-20. Amazing what the mind turns into when alone on REALLY high doses of mushrooms.

He did them alone, and without any of my advice. He is one of the most mature, sane, and smartest people i know.

He also makes some REALLY INTENSE music. :grin::mushroom2:

Really my best friend, though, my other 'best' friend that ive known since i was 9 and he was 6, really nice guy, is really naive.

And i have tried to teach him, i guess you just have to let them learn on their own.

Tho, he is a treasurer of NORML in Tallahassee FL. Hearts in the right place, just not his head.

Long story.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #8470341 - 06/01/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Don't get me wrong, someone asking me how my trip is going is fine.
But I know a couple people who just have to ask me and watch me all the fucking time. It's really annoying. REALLY annoying.

Yes I have had experiences with people who do this habitually. "Are you okay? Are you OKAY?"

If I'm not okay, don't call me, I'll call you.

Generally I enjoy tripping on lowish doses with friends (not acquaintances) but I do have friends who have a habit of getting shitfaced while they trip, and eventually this brings on an ugly vibe. The effects of alcohol on people are particularly disturbing to me when I am tripping.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8470973 - 06/01/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Shitfaced while tripping can be crazy. After we got back from a STS9 show the next morning I was tripping balls still and thought a case of beer would be a good idea. LSD + alcohol + me = massive shit talking. I think I pissed my friends off a little that morning. They said I passed out in a chair on the front porch smoking a cigarette for a few hours. I don't think its so bad when everyone is drinking too though.

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8471039 - 06/01/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It depends entirely who I'm tripping with. Some people I could just absolutely not stand to trip around, like you just want to get the fuck away from them. Some people elevate the experience x1000 and make it that much more enjoyable. For the most part, I like to trip alone for those really introspective trips/journeys. But you can't really beat a good trip with good people.

Quote:

circularvortex said:
Set and setting. Set and setting. Set and setting.

I think they both have their place. Both tripping alone and with other people.

Just don't trip with dumb fucks.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: Shroomism]
    #8471496 - 06/01/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i almost always tripped with other people, the more the better. preferably with thousands of other tripping people around.

tripping alone i explored my thoughts, which was fine but then once i went through all of them then nothing new would happen. when i trip with other people, i absorb their insights, and i have the potential to test new modes of thought in realtime.

the main thing i enjoyed about tripping though was hunting for people with strange minds. I could see people's thoughts when i trip, and i would look for people who had thoughts i hadn't seen before, and then i would casually approach them and ask them whatever question was on my mind at the time. for some reason i can't remember most of the questions, but it was generally something like: "hey whats up? do you think good physical health is more a product of learning to relax into the rhythms of the natural world, or is it a mental construct of self image you have to hold until your body changes to meet your expectations?"

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8471615 - 06/01/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

tripping with people is great, you don't necassarily need to be comfortable with the people to have a great time either. Tripping with close friends can be extremely EXTREMELY FUN, I love that. You have to be careful though because sometimes you will trip with someone who is just straight up freaky to trip with, even if you enjoy them in your sober state, while tripping they could be freaky. Although I do have to agree group tripping is best kept to low doses... High dose trips are better for solo tripping, or a couple of close friends.

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Who else doesn't like tripping with other people? [Re: Helpme1]
    #8471690 - 06/01/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't like to trip alone. It is a very social activity for me. However, I hate tripping with people that think it's fun to fuck with me (i.e. throwing trip toys at my face when I am not looking, hiding items of mine in the woods and playing 'Hot or Cold' trying to find it, etc.) I have whittled down from about 9 friends to around 4 that I know won't be dicks to trip with.

Plus, since I always supply 100% of the mushies at the trip outings I feel a right to be careful with whom I trip with.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck