Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Please someone tell me this isn't right [Re: ClashingTaco]
    #8462201 - 05/29/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ha. good luck fighting that shit.

I hydroplaned on a turnpike... completely fucked up my car... *THREE* hypos drove by, didn't even help.

Finally when one did stop, he was an off-duty cop who was actually nice and helped me out... then when the uniformed officer got there he wrote me two tickets, one for "not operating a vehicle in a safe manner" and another for "blocking a lane of traffic". The off-duty cop was like "wow... sorry kid, guess he's pissed off for having to direct traffic in the rain."

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Please someone tell me this isn't right [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8462386 - 05/30/08 12:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah when I wrecked my cars the cops gave me tickets too and didn't even ask if I was ok. Cops AREN'T there to help you, they're there to apprehend and arrest individuals who are criminals in the eyes of the law. If helping you can Help them arrest someone, then they're there for you, otherwise you're on your own. Fuck cops, they're the worst of all scum.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Please someone tell me this isn't right [Re: ClashingTaco]
    #8462397 - 05/30/08 12:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ClashingTaco said:
And what really happened- A deer ran in front of me and I swerved to avoid it because I've seen people total their cars by hitting deer.

Not that it should matter to anyone but your insurance, but you're actually supposed to hit animals if they get in your way. If you cause and accident it would have been your fault, but I don't see why the cop was such a dick as to give you a ticket.

--------------------
!

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: Please someone tell me this isn't right [Re: jewunit]
    #8462501 - 05/30/08 01:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

So I crashed my car on Memorial Day. Some people called the cops when they saw it happen because they didn't know if I was hurt or not. A cop shows up, no ambulance or anything, and gives me a ticket. I could have been knocked out or gushing blood but they don't even bother to send an ambulance. The cop never even asked me what happened.

I suppose it never occurred to you that EMS might have had better things to do on one of the busiest road days of the year, than respond to what was probably reported as a no-injury accident. Quit blaming the system for your fuck up. For what it's worth, jewunit is right. Don't swerve to avoid animals in the road way. Hit them and let insurance fix the problem. Swerving puts you at increased risk of losing control of your vehicle, consequently putting you and other drivers at increased risk.. especially on more traveled roadways.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Edited by thedefone (05/30/08 01:39 AM)

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
Re: Please someone tell me this isn't right [Re: thedefone]
    #8462535 - 05/30/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yep, in my state it is illegal to swerve to miss an animal. :frown:

They say it is for safety.  If you swerve you have more of a chance of running off the road or into other people.

Being a single car accident, the cop was a dick to write you a ticket.  It is near the end of the month however, plus HP across the nation are doing click it or ticket.  They will pull you over for anything right now, it's a money thing.

They need the money+a lot of people on the road=big ticket season=click it or ticket campaign.

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Re: Please someone tell me this isn't right [Re: four20snakeman]
    #8462886 - 05/30/08 07:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I knicked the back of some ladies vehicle with my drivers side mirror ( not even a fist size dent). The people I hit were pissed because they had grandkids in the car (not that I could have known) and were just going to get my insurance info and not call the police. Me try to protect my own ass insurance wise, called the police and I got a ticket not necessarily because I hit them but because I crossed the yellow line (slightly. . falling laundry odd situation will explain if needed) and it could have been worse. . . I could have been drunk driving but you can't give me a ticket if I wasn't right? The only reason the fucking cop gave me a ticket was because he had a rookie with him.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]