Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ?
    #8459679 - 05/29/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I want this concept to be regarded as simple as possible, as I just stumbled in recent times about that question. I think it's quite tricky, as love is tricky itself (like it can change from false to true love and vice versa). Or how love can be seen in animal or plant life. Or evil as a subjectively relative concept as well.
Is it worth breaking this concept/hypothesis down ?

What do you think ?

Restart fresh again, not from old texts but from ourselves being here and now ?

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #8459780 - 05/29/08 02:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

expecting what someone else seems to have,
maybe?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8459876 - 05/29/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I really feel that right NOW there is a generation of lost lovers that are filled to the brim with ANGER.
Because...  What is true, right, and love to them...  Is not what is being displayed by those claiming to 'know'.
Real people are betrayed in a sense by this hollow charade that we call reality because it is out of sync.
Those able to extend love to those they hate are working overtime and are exhausted.
I feel at the core of the human organism there are thousands of years of Divine Discontent from being purposely cut off from the source.
There are those who would rather control than allow any real freedom of consciousness.  I hope the followers will wake up to this.
I feel anger everyday because the average person is happy with this shit, and possibly doesn't even see, and will never see.
Who convinced the world is what I am angry about.
Where are these storytellers and how come its not working??

Then...  I'm told that I'm wrong.  I'm told that I need medication.
Unfulfilled love....  YOU BET YOUR ASS.:mad2:

Acceptance??  Why?? 
I will take anyone's hate and turn it into love.
Now take this hate and know its because I care enough to still love you...  Earth.:rolleyes:

Change for us??  Cause man we really don't feel at home anymore.

Kids are fucking snapping... :hulk:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #8460654 - 05/29/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ?

Perhaps sadness, wanting, and loneliness, not so sure about evil.... 
Fulfilled love can help you bring out the best possible version of yourself....
Not so sure that unfulfilled love would help bring out the worst possible version....
Perhaps I missed the question, completely....(?)    :ohwell:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8461301 - 05/29/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Wow man unfulfilled love says it good.

Perhaps we will die with it still unfulfilled, as people did in the past. Or maybe we were born for such a time.

Keep your spirits high...I think a big shift is happening before our eyes. It will get worse before it gets better.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #8461358 - 05/29/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
I think a big shift is happening before our eyes.
It will get worse before it gets better.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that be two shifts coming....?
(current gear)  SHIFT--> (worse gear)  SHIFT--> (better gear)

:ohwell:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8461632 - 05/29/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
I want this concept to be regarded as simple as possible, as I just stumbled in recent times about that question. I think it's quite tricky, as love is tricky itself (like it can change from false to true love and vice versa). Or how love can be seen in animal or plant life. Or evil as a subjectively relative concept as well.

What do you think ?

Early on nurturing and love are mucho importanto for peaceful human relations IMO.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: Icelander]
    #8461923 - 05/29/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

BlueCoyote said:

What do you think ?

Early on nurturing and love are mucho importanto for peaceful human relations IMO.

Good or bad guidance by parents affects everyone. :thumbup:

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #8462119 - 05/29/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

True, but even disregarded infants can grow up to be advocates of kindness..  Think of social un-fulfillment..  Of every boy who's ever felt cheated by the television..  Ever girl who's told she can find true love..  Every Sunday when Grandma doesn't hear her reassurance from God that everything is going to be ok.. 

It's layers about layers upon layers...  And backfromthedead is absolutely correct in saying that reality is out of sync..  We've become to distracted by our material pleasures..  Too accustomed to being told what we need and what we should accomplish next..

Humans haven't evolved to relax.  They're go go go..  We've always had to chase the next meal, or find shelter for those we care about, and now that those needs are taken care of (on the grand-time-line), we're content with sitting back and being lazy, only we've lost touch in our connectedness during our quest for comfort - We've forgotten how to show compassion for those we may not know..  OUR Needs are met, so why worry about the next guy?  He's only going to steal our dinner if we don't get it first anyways, right?

LAYERS
AYERSL
YERSLA
ERSLAY
RSLAYE
SLAYER <-- woah reading that trips me out..  MAYBE IT'S ANOTHER SYNCHRONICITY! STEAL MY DINNER!  SLAYER!  GET IT GUYS?  IT MUST MEAN SOMETHING!

[note that I'm a believer in a synchronicity and the above-sarcasm is meant to serve as comedic relief]

:wink:

:1up: (I fucking <3 this 1up emoticon!)

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: nubious]
    #8462223 - 05/29/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

>>>>Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ?

Yes, perfect. It is because people entertain the idea that they aren't loved, that shit starts, and is perpetuated. But who's fault? There is no unfulfilled love, because the love people truly seek is within them, patiently waiting for them to "let go" of the idea that they aren't loved.

I believe there is a situation now, and throughout the most of history, where this desire for love is harnessed, rather than taught to be transcended, but I also think people are choosing it. It is instinctive, many betas, few alphas. It's each individuals responsibility to become their own alpha, and if a person chooses to take the easy path, it's because on some level, they like it. They want to be a slave and cash in some freedom for some sympathy. I think that if any heaven exists, it exists Now. Entertaining this belief, makes me consider that people have reasons, not for being unloved, but for wanting to be unloved. It's a choice made in illusion, but the proper answer is the one that teaches. On some level, people want to know what it's like to be unloved. Bite that apple.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: Rahz]
    #8462243 - 05/30/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #8462254 - 05/30/08 12:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
I believe there is a situation now, and throughout the most of history, where this desire for love is harnessed, rather than taught to be transcended, but I also think people are choosing it. It is instinctive, many betas, few alphas. It's each individuals responsibility to become their own alpha, and if a person chooses to take the easy path, it's because on some level, they like it. 1 They want to be a slave and cash in some freedom for some sympathy. 2 I think that if any heaven exists, it exists Now. Entertaining this belief, makes me consider that people have reasons, not for being unloved, but for wanting to be unloved. It's a choice made in illusion, but the proper answer is the one that teaches. On some level, people want to know what it's like to be unloved. 3 Bite that apple.

O. Snap.

1. Perhaps because the sympathy provides the temporary satisfaction of being loved, they instinctively persue the 'here and now' love as opposed to the 'unconditional' love?

2. I agree. People want what they don't have, and in the beginning, there was Adam, Eve, and the Apple, by the doctrine of those who follow that story.. Metaphors or not, there was unconditional love at one point, and it's like people needed to know, and in knowing they were cast down... So many layers.. upon layers.. upon layers.. ack.. (you blew my mind by the way with your response in it's entirety... good post!)

3. It's all Eve's fault.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8462263 - 05/30/08 12:08 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It might bite back!

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8462290 - 05/30/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Possibly a braeBURN.

--------------------

OfflineTantradvaita
Stranger

Loc: Infinity
    #8462798 - 05/30/08 06:49 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

We take objectives in our existence to be the source of what brings us love/peace/joy, overlooking that love/peace/joy is actually our constitutional state. Taking these objectives as the source of our love breeds competetiveness, greed & a general "mine" to aquire attitude.

When we eat, have sex, or do anything that brings us peace then we are returned to our original Self, its is only a dream that we leave this Self through identification with thoughts that we then attach to, resulting in mental conditioning, taking these objects to be the source of our contentment. These objectives do NOT bring us happyness they simply quieten the mind by bringing peace and we return to the source. Then we find something new to quire and don't rest until it is aquired, only to return to where we started from, this is one of the ultimate paradoxes of life, we do not aquire anything, EVER! We only return to where we started from!

The fundamental thought that causes this is "i am the body/mind" which is an obvious mistake to make, all beings think obviously "i am this body", its plainly obvious! Simply remaining as the awareness of the body/minds functioning you realise this detached observation is joy, happyness, loving & peaceful, and all it was is that you have been trained to seek outwards for sources of pleasure & experience.

Missing the obvious is the understatement of eternity, the most simple primal awareness without any thought or mental construct is what we always are, we never leave it except in thoughts we think we leave it. These thoughts change over the course of a lifetime defining what we call a personality, ever changing, the only constant is the awareness.

The all pervading cosmic consciousness, the very source of all objectivity can not exist without the subject to see it, turn your attention toward the subject and dont look back. You are this cosmic consciousness you only think otherwise!

Love is eternally fullfilled, it can not be any other way, we only believe we are unfullfilled. That's life.

--------------------
"Don't keep searching for truth, simply let go of your beliefs" Buddha

Edited by Tantradvaita (05/30/08 06:56 AM)

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: Tantradvaita]
    #8463000 - 05/30/08 09:19 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You are this cosmic consciousness you only think otherwise!

Dude, this is not enough.
I have a drive to turn it on the immediate world around me.
Ignoring reality is not the way, friend.

"Don't keep searching for truth, simply let go of your beliefs" Buddha

This is Bullshit, imo.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8463219 - 05/30/08 10:34 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
I think a big shift is happening before our eyes.
It will get worse before it gets better.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that be two shifts coming....?
(current gear)  SHIFT--> (worse gear)  SHIFT--> (better gear)

:ohwell:

>^;;^<

You are correct. Most of the world is in the worse gear shift already, I think its coming to America with this recession. (dollar hyperinflation, oil 200$+ barrel)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: nubious]
    #8464289 - 05/30/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

True, but even disregarded infants can grow up to be advocates of kindness..

Therapists will tell you that these lucky few still found someone to give them an example of loving respect. Often a relative, neighbor or teacher etc.

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8464510 - 05/30/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Or a caring online elder... :hug:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Unfulfilled love as main cause for evil in the world ? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8464805 - 05/30/08 06:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Which you and I are by the way.:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies