Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA]
    #8423016 - 05/20/08 02:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride
May 19, 2008 - wickedlocal.com

Belmont, Mass. - Local teenagers have discovered a way to reach new heights, according to the Belmont Police Department.

Police received a call from a gardening supply store on Blanchard Avenue Friday afternoon after a group of teenagers said they wanted to buy morning glory seeds to get high.

“The manager said several youths came in several times in the past few days to buy the seeds,” police spokesman Lt. Rick Santangelo said. “When he asked them what they wanted them for, the kids said they release a hallucinogen when you chew them.”

The seeds contain lysergic acid amide, or LSA, a drug that can produce an effect similar to its cousin, the more well-known lysergic acid diethylamide, or LSD.

“The instructions are all over the Internet,” Santangelo said. “Apparently Native Americans and Mexicans used them” in religious ceremonies.

He said it is possible to achieve a psychedelic state by chewing the seeds, but that one needs “quite a lot of them.”

The more common method of extraction is to soak the morning glory seeds in petroleum ether and then again in ethanol.

The gardening center was advised to keep the seeds behind the counter if the youths continue to purchase them, and to tell the youths that commercial morning glory seeds are usually coated with a mild poison to deter ingestion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: veggie]
    #8423032 - 05/20/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hey lets write and article to inform kids about how easy it is to get high, that'll stop em

--------------------

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: veggie]
    #8423067 - 05/20/08 02:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Dammit, fucking shit kids don't know how to keep their mouths shut.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: AlCapwn]
    #8423076 - 05/20/08 02:44 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

dont blame them
y is it so bad to admit to it
they didnt care and neither should u

--------------------

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: Coaster]
    #8423321 - 05/20/08 07:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

kids love to brag about the things they do.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: AlCapwn]
    #8423629 - 05/20/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed. Just say they're for a family friend with a greenhouse or something like that. This is in part why it is best for non-minors to dabble on the otherside

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: N2loma]
    #8423805 - 05/20/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I love how they act like this some new discovery. LSA has bee known about for decades.

I guess the whole salvia thing must be played out, they need something new to put on the news and in the papers every day. Maybe it will be LSA.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #8423865 - 05/20/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

at least they acknowledged its a harmless seed, instead of trying to fear monger everyone with baseless claims of horrible danger from eating. drug articles by mainstream media always urge parents to talk to there kids about the dangers associated with taking things, especially when there is very little to no danger.

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: Groomies]
    #8424243 - 05/20/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Groomies said:
everyone love to brag about the things they do.

fixed

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: astronaut]
    #8424250 - 05/20/08 02:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

astronaut said:
Quote:

Groomies said:
everyone loves to brag about the things they do.

fixed

--------------------

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: Coaster]
    #8424339 - 05/20/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i have eaten 300+ seeds with shit effects. they are absolutely nothing compared to Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. i only needed about 12 of those to get where i want. i bet you a lot of mother fucking money this will be the next salvia. then they will ban nutmeg then datura...then fly argarics...then coffee...i dont get it...even if tey make all drugs illegal people will still do them...damn...the people who supposedly run us know verry little about us....and visa versa...dont ya think we should change that.............ahh me either

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #8424370 - 05/20/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
i have eaten 300+ seeds with shit effects. they are absolutely nothing compared to Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. i only needed about 12 of those to get where i want. i bet you a lot of mother fucking money this will be the next salvia. then they will ban nutmeg then datura...then fly argarics...then coffee...i dont get it...even if tey make all drugs illegal people will still do them...damn...the people who supposedly run us know verry little about us....and visa versa...dont ya think we should change that.............ahh me either

12 HBWR? How was your trip?

I pray to god that LSA isn't the new Salvia. I like Salvia, and I'd be bummed if it were made illegal, but HBWR is THE BEST legal hallucinogen. No other legal psychoactive compares to the amazing effects that I felt off just 5 HBWR seeds. Please, PLEASE keep LSA under the radar...

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #8424395 - 05/20/08 02:55 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Siekoaktiv said:
Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:

12 HBWR? How was your trip?

I pray to god that LSA isn't the new Salvia. I like Salvia, and I'd be bummed if it were made illegal, but HBWR is THE BEST legal hallucinogen. No other legal psychoactive compares to the amazing effects that I felt off just 5 HBWR seeds. Please, PLEASE keep LSA under the radar...

i agree it is the best legal hallucinogen but that is why once morning glories become legal people will move to them if not before it becomes illegal...but i don't give a fuck they are a fucking blessing just like marijuana and salvia and if they want to tell me they are bad fine but it is my decision what goes into my body...and i can do my own research to find out how bad they actually are...

PS: it was a great trip talked to trees and the sky and had all sorts of great epiphany's. i wrote a experience on erowid.org about my 8 seed trip under the name Herr Mannelig. if you want good seeds for low prices go to bouncingb.com

--------------------

Offlinespock1
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] *DELETED* [Re: veggie]
    #8424589 - 05/20/08 03:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by spock1

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: spock1]
    #8428290 - 05/21/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't really feel that morning glory seeds are harmless.

--------------------
Manitou

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: HuckleBones]
    #8439406 - 05/24/08 04:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HuckleBones said:
I don't really feel that morning glory seeds are harmless.

Actually, they're not, entirely. There are definitely risks present with taking these substances.

As for these dumb fucking kids, and coaster's comment....

I definitely think we should care about this. There is no reason they had to blatantly talk about getting high. They could have bought their seeds quietly with some lame excuse, and this would not be a news item.

Pathetic.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Offlineperosiste
Overcomplicates shit for fun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #8439416 - 05/24/08 04:54 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

doesn't this go to prove that kids will get high however they can.

--------------------
Risk Management will be the downfall of western civilization

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: perosiste]
    #8457358 - 05/28/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

perosiste said:

yes it dose. thats why everything is becoming illegal because th gov't thinks they have the power to cut off all drugs, so they work towards it. as of right now they dont have the abilty but they probably ill gt it if people dont start thinking for themselves

--------------------

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
Re: What’s the story, morning glory? Teens seek harmless seed for hallucinogenic ride [MA] [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #8457714 - 05/28/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
Quote:

perosiste said:

yes it dose. thats why everything is becoming illegal because th gov't thinks they have the power to cut off all drugs, so they work towards it. as of right now they dont have the abilty but they probably ill gt it if people dont start thinking for themselves

I think your statement is disturbingly true.

If things go on as they are (or get worse) they'll just keep clamping down tighter and tighter. And who knows...  with advances in technology, maybe they'll be able to do an even better job of keeping an eye on us, and locking up those of us who want to explore our minds and bodies.

I think the drug community needs to start policing itself a little better... maybe try to sway public opinion (if that's even possible) before the government gets better at what they're doing.

By the way.. awesome sig.  That's some of the best Hicks material. :grin:

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale