Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
Re: Friends and reading [Re: jewunit]
    #8456265 - 05/28/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Reading is easily one of my favorite things to do, rain or shine! I hope to live to be 80 so I can read as many books as possible.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrishnaDreamer
I bleed nicotine...
Male User Gallery

Re: Friends and reading [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #8456273 - 05/28/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
I used to read a book a week when I was younger. Now I can barely read magazine articles. Whenever I pick up a book I can read a whole page on autopilot while thinking about something else and when I hit the bottom of the page I can't remember a single thing that I just read.

I just blank the fuck out while my eyes are following all the words.

ADHD sucks. :crankey:

lol, yeah that happens.

anyways i love reading books more than any other media, movies just feed images into your head and don't get very in depth most of the time. books however exercise your imagination. most of the time when i'm reading i'm not really reading the words but transforming the words into images.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Friends and reading [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8456274 - 05/28/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
YOu need to read a book on how to concentrate.  :smirk:

My mom got me a few self help books on ADHD and I couldn't get past the first chapter. :shrug:

Oddly enough i can read stuff on the computer like Wikipedia articles and all sorts of other shit just fine. But when I pick up a book I have a HARD time.
The last book I read was Jurassic Park and I had to be so thwacked out on Amphetamines that I was actually getting scared and slightly hallucinating whenever I got to a suspenseful part.

:geicogecko:

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Friends and reading [Re: aDoS]
    #8456296 - 05/28/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
so someone made fun of you for reading because they want fame and status? That doesn't make sense.

That complete abortion of an illogical statement is exactly what I'm talking about. Things like intelligence, self reliance, and creativity are not valued the way they once were. MOST people dont grow up talking about being engineers, doctors, and scientists any more. They want to be rappers, and actors.

For anyone to be looked down on for reading is a disgusting thing. I feel like an old man when I see younger kids being picked on for doing well in school, its ridiculous.

I'm really sorry if you dont get the point I'm trying to make. I dont mean to come across as arrogant, and I certainly dont mean to insinuate that you are like the people I'm talking about. I would suggest that you, and everyone else for that matter go spend a considerable amount of time in another country away from the tourism centers, and really get to know the people, and the way they view life. I didnt even get it until I did.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Friends and reading [Re: Veritas]
    #8456301 - 05/28/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

My friends also have stopped learning, or it seems that way.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: Friends and reading [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8456302 - 05/28/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yes...its really not all that cool to make fun of someone for reading, but to say its because you are in the United States makes you just sound like an idiot. That person is just an ass hole, because people are ass holes. Regardless of what country they live in.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#8456331 - 05/28/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I read enough at my job.

I don't have the time for novels, magazines and shorter essays suit me better.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8456345 - 05/28/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
yes...its really not all that cool to make fun of someone for reading, but to say its because you are in the United States makes you just sound like an idiot. That person is just an ass hole, because people are ass holes. Regardless of what country they live in.

It only sounds ridiculous until you get out and travel. You would really be surprised how different the rest of the world is compared to the united states.:shrug: I know I was. I may be an idiot though....I do spend an obscene amount of time on the shroomery, that cant be a good sign.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds