Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKyisfly
Car Ramrod
Male

Please look and comment...w/pics
    #8449384 - 05/27/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Here is my terrarium setup- Okay im retarded and cant put the pics where i want them, but im sure you'll figure it out.

Ultrasonic humidifier with two 2-liters to filter out excess moisture, ran to a large tub i had originally filled with perlite and drilled holes in... Once i got my Ultra I didnt really feel like taking out all the perlite, and figured it wouldnt hurt leaving it in there? I taped up a majority of the holes with duct tape to keep moisture contained better, but left holes in bottom and top. I have a heater (that can act as a fan only as well) blowing lightly in front of my f. chamber. I figure with the ultra and fan/heater running at the same time, moisture levels will be sufficient plus the air will come from the holes on the bottom of the tank and out through the top, making for good air exchange. Anything wrong or needing adjusting so far? OK, heres where things get kinda weird... when i originally started my project, i was using perlite only and made cakes out of a really old mexi cub print i had...wasnt even sure it was still good. I inoculated brf cakes as per the basic tek, and out of 12 jars only 6 began to grow myc. This was more than i even expected. Out of those 6, only 2 didnt get contams....But boy were they beautiful! Anywho, i let them go a while after i saw all white...and to my amazement, one started to pin. a big pin too. I quickly set up my terrarium and set both cakes in. In about 4-5 days that pin turned into this- I had to test my first ever fruit success, so i picked it just before the veil broke, put it in a bologna sandwich, and that one lil guy had me feelin nice and mellowly high all afternoon!!

I was stoked. Unfortunately, my other pins werent really growing anymore...and they had grown little caps and everything, but they were tiny... I then bought my Ultra and immediately doused my baby cakes with it...bad idea. i got way too much moisture in there, but no contams luckily. I then read about the bottle theory and improved my setup. Now Heres whats strange... This little guy is growing now...out of the perlite!!!
I remember one cake crumbling a little when i put it in, and maybe a tiny piece fell there...but Its growing right there!! Im interested in seeing how big it gets, seeing as it really doesnt have much in the way of nutrients... Hoping the little soldier makes it though. I realize i probably need a mist catcher in my tub...
but i dont know where to find a perfectly fitting piece of glass or plastic...do i really need one now that im using the bottles? I have palenque strains incubating right now, 4 jars. 2 are growing...wtf do only half my inocs work? Its not like they are growing and getting contams...they just dont start! Anyways, those 2 are almost done, im trying to revive my mexi cakes, and then once i get a better hang on this stuff i will start some cambodians i have a print for, ive even already made some of the syringes in my homemade glovebox. I just want to get these ones down before i do those for real. Any tips or help welcome! Sorry for the long post, just had alot to put out there.

--------------------
An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind. ~Gandhi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please look and comment...w/pics [Re: Kyisfly]
    #8449576 - 05/27/08 03:36 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I would ditch the ultrasonic and 2 liter bottles. You're complicating what should be a simple setup. Ultrasonics don't provide air exchange like a cool mist does, they only provide moisture. You're adding more moisture to an environment that is likely near 100% humidity anyway and cutting off a lot of the air exchange by taping up the holes. The perlite should be providing all the humidity you need.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineKyisfly
Car Ramrod
Male

Re: Please look and comment...w/pics [Re: FooMan]
    #8451981 - 05/27/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

By cool mist you mean just spraying it by hand? I had always heard that the ultrasonic was the best way to go...

--------------------

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Please look and comment...w/pics [Re: Kyisfly]
    #8452559 - 05/27/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

No lid? Are your cakes sitting directly on the perlite?

Offlinemadsick
whoremonger
 User Gallery

Re: Please look and comment...w/pics [Re: rick0909]
    #8452587 - 05/27/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

coolmist is another kind of humidifier

OfflineKyisfly
Car Ramrod
Male

Re: Please look and comment...w/pics [Re: rick0909]
    #8452823 - 05/27/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

no they are sitting on foil on the perlite. I do have a lid, i just took it off when i took the pic

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder