Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

My kratom tastes like ass
    #8447740 - 05/26/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've tried kratom several times now but it was always bought from online. My preferred method is mixing with applesauce. I've made kratom tea as well. It's manageable but I just don't care for the taste much.

Anyway, I usually don't mind the taste much at all with the applesauce but I just tried about 6-7 grams worth from my small tree that I have and the taste was horrible, way worse than everything else I've tried. I got it down but had to cringe with every swallow of it. It also looks a lot different. I ground it up in a coffee grinder and it's a darker green, not the light green that I'm used to.

I got my tree from MOD EDIT:NO SOURCES so I'm sure that it is an actual kratom tree. It sure looks like one. But it's only several months old and only a couple feet tall, if that (no bark on it yet). Are you supposed to wait until they've matured to a certain point before using the leaves from them?

It's also been about a couple hours since I had the applesauce and I'm not feeling a thing. Someone told me that it can take a couple years for the cathinone in khat to get to get to a substantial concentration. Does the same go here with mitragynine?

Edited by royer9864 (05/27/08 04:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
Re: My kratom tastes like ass [Re: truffleupagus]
    #8448650 - 05/26/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the tree should be atleast a few years old before it starts producing a potent enough product from what I've heard.  I would save your tree the anguish of having it's leaves amputated, and give it time to grow while you enjoy kratom from online vendors :cool::thumbup:

*A quote from the Shroomery member Namaste:  "From what I understand the potency of fresh leaves is determined by the age of the specimen, leaves from a mature tree will have many times more alkaloids than those of younger trees."

Edited by AgingHippy (05/26/08 09:26 PM)

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: My kratom tastes like ass [Re: AgingHippy]
    #8449609 - 05/27/08 04:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks!

I haven't really been cutting too many off anyway, just setting aside the ones that come off on their own mainly.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale