Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
First Trip Report - Considerations for next trip
    #3930952 - 03/17/05 02:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi everyone.  I've been reading this forum for over a week now after my first trip, taking in all the information I can find with great interest.  I had never been someone to try any type of drug besides alcahol, but my bro visited me for a few days a couple of weeks ago and suggested trying some shrooms, which are readily available here in Holland.

Anyway, we bought a box of Colombian mushrooms from a shop called Smart Zone in the RLD of Amsterdam and had half of them each on the following day at my house, about 17 grams each fresh.  All I can say is that it was utterly mind-blowing!

I had some really intense open-eye visuals.  We were playing Radiohead and had all the lights off, and the room seem to be changing shape, trying to form itself into the perfect shape.  Then everything changed and it seemed like I was sitting in long underground tunnel, and the LED's on the hi-fi were neon signs in the distance.

It wasn't until we switched one of the lights back and put my Commodore 64 Remix collection on that I really started getting insane visuals.  First, the room started stretching vertically, then horizontally, then vertically again.  It kept doing that until I turned to face forward, then the walls started rippling, and my vision turning into a hexagonal grid of pixels.  It was well weird.

Then it got even more intense.  A specific track started playing that is quite fast and upbeat with a deep bass, and the room lit up with all these colours, like an amazing laser show.  I felt a rush of energy as though I was flying through all the colours, and the patterns were synced exactly to the music.  It was almost like I could see the music!  At one point I was able to make out Japanese Kanji across and down the wall in the lights (I don't understand Japanese, so I wouldn't know if it really was Kanji :smile:).

The next track came on and there was an alien voice in the music.  And just then, an alien figure appears on the wall in the lights next to my TV.  It placed its hand on top of the TV and began pulling it towards itself.  It lifted the TV into the air before dissolving into a mass of lights that engulfed the room once more.

The next thing I know, the lights are gone and the two pictures on the wall above the TV start to morph into eyes, and the TV morphs into a mouth to create a mans face, and it looked so real!  Then he started to become older and eventually his face started to rot.  His eyes slid out of there sockets and down his face leaving big red holes that began to spill blood.  The face eventually morphed into an evil looking stone gargoyle-like creature.  It sounds scary, but all the time I was quite aware that it was the shrooms, so I was thoroughly enjoying it.

The coloured lights came back for a while after that.  Things nearly went bad for me when I tried to do something and realised that I couldn't make the visuals just go away.  I almost panicked because it was quite overwhelming when I discovered that I was no longer able to control it, but kept telling myself that it was just the shrooms, and things went okay from there.  It almost freaked me out too when I looked at the stopwatch on my phone and noticed each second taking around five seconds.  I eventually lay down in silence and watched some closed-eye patterns, trying to relax, though they weren't very strong by now.  Went to sleep about an hour and a half later.

-----

Well, that was my first trip.  I firmly believe that I have learned where I went wrong, which was more down to my expectations and unfamiliarity with psychodecics, e.g. expecting to have control, and time slowing down should be something to enjoy, not something to fear.

Anyway, I've been feeling absolutely great for the two weeks since that trip, which has made me more productive at work and happier in general.  I am eagerly looking forward to my next trip, but don't want to overdo it, so I'm going to wait until a week on Saturday to do it again, but for now I had a few questions if some people wouldn't mind posting their views. :smile:

I'm organising a six hour playlist for my next trip, which I didn't do before (I let the list pick randomly from 1,340 tracks which could have been anything).  I don't have anything like what other people recommend here because I have very strange tastes in music.  I was thinking of having Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds in there, but was unsure given it's theme.  I love the music though, has anyone tried it?  If so, what were the results?  I've searched but only found references to the radio broadcast, not the musical.

The other music I have lined up for the playlist is a mixture of videogame soundtracks (lots of atmospheric Unreal stuff) and Japanese anime-movie soundtracks.  I think the Unreal stuff should work especially well.  I also have since found a bit of software to automatically crossfade tracks from one to the next in real time - ideal for getting rid of those awful silences between tracks that seem to last ages when tripping. :smile:

The other thing is, this time I will be shrooming alone.  I have only lived in Holland for a few months and do not know anyone well enough to shroom with, let alone trust to not try something stupid during a trip.  I definetly feel confident about doing it alone, as I am naturally introverted, but obviously you guys have much more experience than I.  Whilst I occasionally see some people saying they mostly trip alone, the general rule seems to be to have someone else around.  How important is tnis really?

The last thing is, I wanted to go a bit deeper than my first trip.  How much difference should I expect if I eat a whole box, doubling from 17 grams to about 35?  I'd say my first experience was level 3, perhaps touching on level 4 very slightly.  I'm sure I'd go right into level 4 on 35, but what is the chance of level 5?  I'm aware that mindset greatly affects the level that you reach, so I'm talking mainly about possibility rather than what I should expect. (expectations can lead to dissapointments, so I don't really want to expect anything).

Anyway, I don't plan on doing a great deal during the next trip other than sitting or lying down and listening to music.  I don't want to venture outside just yet.  I can always leave that to a later trip.  Theres so much I want to try out!

Cheers, thanks for reading.  Love the forum! :smile:
Martin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejim2008
Stranger
Re: First Trip Report - Considerations for next trip [Re: TurricaN]
    #8449362 - 05/27/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i think this site much good and in this website we get much info about the mushrooms and also these info is not here any where.you nust increase the quality of info about it.
=========================
jim2008
Looking to perform an intervention on a loved one who is abusing drugs or alcohol? This site can definitely help. <a href="http://www.druginterventions.net">http://www.druginterventions.net</a>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder