Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Loc: My name is God so there f...
Need a pros advice
    #844528 - 08/26/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Okay first of YES I searched. I have been trying to grow on bulk substrate using wheatstraw in 1 1/2' x 2' trays with not so good luck so far. I need a REALLY good tek on doing this. I must be doing something wrong. I'm spawning them with two 1 quart rye berrie jars. So any help from getteing from jar to to finish would be great. My grow room is set perfect for humidity and temp so I now thats not the problem. Thanks

--------------------
Ahh what the hell am I talking about? I just like to make up stories. In short, I'm full of Sh$t!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: Need a pros advice [Re: Maveric2112]
    #844555 - 08/26/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

To diagnose any difficulties you might be having we need more information. What problems are you running into? Contamination? If so what type(s)? Stalling?
this will help myself and others answer your queries.
peace

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #844726 - 08/26/02 02:49 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

do you have any experience or isd this your first time growing shrooms ?
trying to get an idea of what you can handle.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Re: Need a pros advice [Re: Hippie3]
    #845170 - 08/26/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nope not my first time growing, but it is my first time growing in bulk. I'm just looking for a REALLY good tek for wheatstraw. I've read a couple of things on covering it some say suran wrap while others say .3mil plastic placed right on the straw with holes poked in it. I also am having a horrible time with cobweb and want to know what i can do to keep that from happening. I still have a couple trays left but fear there is no hope for them. So.. I was just going to start over I already have my jars ready to go and they are fully colonized. Last time I pasturized my straw (without rinsing or soaking) at 170 degrees for about a hour and fifteen minutes. I added h2o2 to the water to help cut down contams. I drained and let cool then mixed with my spawn. I'm sure that my room I use to grow and inoculate is clean. I have a spare bedroom that I took all the carpet out then put lynolym down. I painted the walls with latex paint then built a 6' x 11' greenhouse kinda thing out of .5mil pastic duck tape and PVC piping. I found a replacment hepa filter that happens to fit perfectley inside the air duct. I also have a seprate hepa filter air cleaner in the room. I'm using a ultrasonic air purifier with distilled water and h2o2. So I think I set up my room well so I don't think that can be the problem. I never enter with out spraying lysol in the air or a bleach solution on things that I use I.E. spoon, trays, jars....... I was rubber gloves sprayed with lysol when I mixed the spawn with the wheat then put plastic over the top of them with a couple slits cut in them. Well water collected bad on the inside of it huge drops and stuff. Anyway I eventully started getting cobweb bad on a couple trays and trashed them, the otheres colonized then I put my casting on it started of well growing really fast then after it started to poke through about 50% of the casing I changed air flow/ and temp to fruit. Nothing though it seems like everything just stopped a complete stall. So.... I'm not sure where I went wrong or what I should change. Any thoughts????????? Yes my spelling sucks I know

--------------------
Ahh what the hell am I talking about? I just like to make up stories. In short, I'm full of Sh$t!!!!!!

Edited by Maveric2112 (08/26/02 06:06 PM)

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #845297 - 08/26/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Something I`ve been doing which works really well is to either use poo and straw as a bulk substrate or to use your straw but to cover it with a layer of spawned poo.
That way you are creating a similar scenario to a ramsey seal by covering the contamination friendly straw with a less contamination friendly substrate.
Ultimately though I think using poo and straw as a bulk substrate seems to be a better choice.

OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Re: Need a pros advice [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #845966 - 08/27/02 04:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well the only problem with me using poo is how to pasturize it? I have "several" trays to do, so how would be a easy way of doing this?

--------------------

OfflineI3lunts42o
Spore Collector
Loc: I don't even know where i...
Re: Need a pros advice [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #846757 - 08/27/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Kill the cobweb with h2o2. use a spray bottle or somthing.

--------------------
Note: This post is a work of fiction and for entertainment only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I smoke weed to ease my mind,
I eat every tab i find,
I drink shroom tea by the jugs,
Can't you see that I love drugs?

OfflineGreen_Velvet
Super Human HipHop Head
Loc: La La Land
    #846785 - 08/27/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

One tip I can give you for using straw is to cut it into 1-3" pieces. I didn't do this my first time using it and there were parts that were sticking up and didn't get colonized. I went ahead and cased it anyways, but next time I will be sure to cut the straw up.

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #846798 - 08/27/02 11:14 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #846910 - 08/27/02 12:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

lots of info here
i found i could easily chop dry straw in my blender, using a plastic cup from quik trip as a push-stick to feed the straw to the blades while containing the straw and keeping my fingers back as safe distance.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Re: Need a pros advice [Re: Hippie3]
    #847016 - 08/27/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for all the help I'm going to just start up three more trays. Tray 1 I'm just going to cover with a spare tray flipped over. Try 2 I'm going to take .3mil plastic cut a little larger tuck the sides down around the tray so it sits directely on the straw then cut holes every 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". And tray three I'm not going to cover at all because I can set my room to maintain 84 degrees and 95rh. So we'll see what happens. But thank you all and I'll keep ya posted.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck