Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
Re: ARMY?? [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #8444355 - 05/25/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You join the army, your ass is going straight to Iraq. Might as well prep yourself first: spend a week sleeping outside, lugging a 100-lb pack miles through the heat, and have someone yell at you to "get your ass moving, maggot!" You'll have to imagine the snipers and IED's.

There was a time when a military career was worth its weight in gold, but for the army and marines, that time is past. The navy would be better. The submarine service offers huge bonuses. I almost went that route out of high school. 2 years of advanced math, then off to a nuclear sub, out to sea 3 months at a time and drilling like hell the next 3. I gave it a pass once I learned I couldn't take my guitar and amp to sea, heh. Fuck that shit.

--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #8444565 - 05/25/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Imagine if Ben Folds joined the army..he would have been dead by now fighting in Iraq...:yesnod:
anotherwards...if you feel like dying soon then join...if not, the army is for you.
&feature=related

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #8444577 - 05/25/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

As soon as you can, if you decide to join the army....Apply for the special forces. Specifically green berets... not the rangers, because you will want the full SEREs training. If you decided to get a college degree and after receiving a bachelors degree, immediately apply for paramilitary operations(C I A). Pretty much you can start going on missions to import drugs, guerrilla warfare, you know the funner stuff.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: ARMY?? [Re: roby000]
    #8444888 - 05/25/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

roby000 said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
you dont learn to stay alive from Xbox or youtube

i learnt all about girl fights on youtube...

I learned about those in high school, they dont get deleted from memory in school

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
    #8445172 - 05/25/08 10:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i didn't read any of the replies.

if you want to join and think you'll like it, then join. if your not sure, you shouldn't join. it's like tripping on mushrooms...certain, do it...not sure, dont do it.

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: ARMY?? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8445175 - 05/25/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Crasher said:
de oppresso liber.

I knew there was a reason I liked you :smirk:

fkna.

Quote:

jewunit said:
The only reason to ask this question here is to get talked out of it. Don't expect to hear too much sound advice, everything will be "The army is eeeeeevil"" and "You're just signing your life away." I'm not saying it is or isn't the right choice, because I don't know you at all, but don't look for your answers here.

Is that actual, sound advice I hear?  I think it is!  It rings pretty clear in a thread filled with some of the most misinformed and prejudiced talk I've heard around here in a while.  My experience in life has been that the people claiming to be open-minded, are typically the quickest to shut you down when they disagree with you.

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
um well on one hand you have heaven and the other you have hell.  the paper you sign is for your soul read the fine print.

==========

if you wanna join an army move to iran.

==========

there's some really crazy people in the army to, there was a thread someone in otd posting about cats being thrown off cliffs and cows being blown up with bombs ect ect.  your going to be asked to kill people, you won't know why. sure they might shoot at you...but you are the one on their land. there are bad people out there but you can't pretend to know who they all are.  serving outside our country is stupid 99% of the time

==========

how is killing people for money a right choice? unless your shinning boots you pretty much have a 90% chance of fireing a bullet at someone in there own country if you sign up for the army.  even if your not the one pulling the trigger...nomatter what you do while in service you are fueling this behavior and helping to make it possible.  now im not saying all of the individual acts are bad, but the fact remains everyone who serves is fueling the monster. The monster is pointing one direction and everyone who works for it will be helping complete its "goals".

This is all just ignorance.  Plain and simple. 90% percent chance of combat action?  That's insanity.  And, no has ever killed a cat in the civilian world..  that only happens in the Army.  :rolleyes:

OP, my advice is don't join.  You don't want to serve, you don't know why you're joining, and you probably won't hack it.  If you do decide to join, do some god-damned research and go 68W (medic) or something, get a 20K sign-on bonus and make sure Airborne/AAssault school is in your contract. (this advice may put you in harm's way)  Fix helicopters, fly them, be a dental tech, firefighter, plumber, electrician or mechanic.  There are options.  Talk to at least 500 recruiters, and don't trust any of them.  Go to help yourself get an education, learn some discipline, and get a real life, not just because you can't figure out how you want to spend your summer.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: ARMY?? [Re: thedefone]
    #8445432 - 05/26/08 12:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

500 recruiters thats just insanity man!:shocked:

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here, Right Now Flag
Re: ARMY?? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #8446377 - 05/26/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

everyone can rest their arguments, as i did a little research, and took into account that i really never wanted to join and or help out this country in any way at all anyways.

i wouldn't join with this mindset as they would most definitely try to "break" me of it, and i would just end up killing someone so I'm gonna stat in this boring town and continue hunting jobs (about to head out the door now...)

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale