Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: trixxy]
    #8427152 - 05/21/08 02:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nice finds 2swizl/ummagumma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: myrealname]
    #8427279 - 05/21/08 03:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

good work people! it's nice to finally see some finds from other SA shroomers :thumbup:

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

Offlinekingoflsd
Stranger

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: tryptonite]
    #8427299 - 05/21/08 03:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hey guys just updating you on the trip last night.

I rakon i took about 3 grams of semi dried on a full stomach .

It was very, very, very weak, i got slight tingiling in my legs after about 1 hour and got slight closed eye visions but then just went to bed after about 1.5 hours because i was bored.

I regret cutting up the shrooms because as a forumer has said it causes increased oxidaiton of the psilocin therefore weaker trips.

I wetn hunting again today and found some more subs (about 10 medium-small sized ones) and i bought some damp rid today and have set up a drying container with 3 containers of damprid at the bottom, and mesh above that and then the shrooms ontop. Cant wait for the weekend ey?

cheers guys happy hunting

Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: kingoflsd]
    #8427320 - 05/21/08 03:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

kingoflsd, did you know if you have a currentish frost free fridge, that u can place them on dinner plate uncovered on a secluded shelf and they will dry out nicely.

I have seen other posts saying the exact same thing and they havent noticed loss in potency and it dries them "cracker dry"

Offlineswanfo
Stranger
    #8427364 - 05/21/08 04:22 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Could anyone tell me (give me a generous hint) of where is the best place near Adelaide to find some interesting ones? I would appreciate any local advice...

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
    #8427719 - 05/21/08 07:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trixxy said:
Quote:

Shroomeup said:
Quote:

kingoflsd said:
i cut up all the shrooms and put them under a fan and after about 2 hours they have shrunk a lot and are sooo purple that they look black!

i just ate (30 mins ago) about 5 shrooms worth but are not feeling anything yet.

cya

Shit dude, that doesn't sound right to me. Keep us updated

Cutting up shrooms into small pieces isn't the way to go i would have thought, that purple/black color you are seeing is the oxidization of one of the active chemicals (psilocin i think) that causes the blue staining for id purposes. Either that or they got fried from too much heat.

Only the spores are purple. Intense psilocybin oxidation goes black. So keep that in mind, as youll want to differentiate between the two.

But cutting it up only gave extra surface area for oxidation, so yes, you 'deactivated' your copper tops. Next time remember, fresh is best.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Offlineadelaide99
Stranger
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: OOISI]
    #8427786 - 05/21/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hi all new here just a quick qu when i pick them do they need to be dried or is it best to eat them after being washed , im not eating any until i have a good i.d and have done alot of research , i will take pics of my findings tmoz

Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: adelaide99]
    #8430133 - 05/21/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

adelaide99, you probably should eat them fresh, just like catching a fish its just the way it is! to be eating it after you caught it.

and stuff washing them man, thats for girls!!!those lil black bugs you find on them dont worry about them, hippies I hear like the crunchiness.

if its got maggots or other stuff you should be or ARE worried about then just leave them and take freshly looking ADULT specimens.

but for some reason you cant eat them, yes you should dry them properly so that they can be consumed another day without much or any at all lose of potency.

one method I have heard spoken of many times is using a frost free fridge, putting them on a plate uncovered and placing the plate of shrooms on a secluded shelf and letting them dry out to "cracker dry"

then you can take them out, store them in a paper bag unsealed (in their cracker dry state remember) until you want to eat them.

alternatively you can search up this site! the methods of using "damp rid" for drying or those little packets of moisture absorbers found in various products.

checking your finds is such great wisdom you have obviously learnt and even by you just repeating it someone else will hear it so goodstuff man!!!!

Edited by myrealname (05/21/08 07:09 PM)

Offlinekingoflsd
Stranger

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: myrealname]
    #8431700 - 05/22/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hey myrealname that sounds sweet ill have to try it out some time, but its a bit dody now because i still live at home with my parents so having a plate of strange looking mushrooms might not go down so well :frown:

i am drying them via the damp rid way and it has been about 1 day and they havent dried much yet though? how long does it usually take to fresh mushies to become cracker dry when drying them in a sealed container with damprid.

cheers

ps i went hunting today and found 4 baby gold tops :frown: will the area i found the gold tops in continue to produce more gold tops throughout the season and into next season? or is that all im getting?

cheers all

Offlinesollie
psilosopher
Male

Loc: south oz
    #8432311 - 05/22/08 09:59 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hi all,

located about 40 this morning. about 10 of those were pins, 4 of them were fully opened, and the rest were in between but still immature. i took 37 photos, but here's a small taste:

for the record, i want some very experienced heads to inform us what is the appropriate time to pick mushrooms size wise?

i mean, we all want our mushrooms to continue to grow year after year so that our children can trip like we did right? i always assumed that one should wait till they are fully opened up so that they have released a maximum amount of spores, and even then i pour water on them to wash the spores off, and cut the stem off instead of pulling them out so that the mycelium stays in situ, unless i want two or three butts for cloning.

so what's the go? i hate it when people pick pins and immature veiled or half opened mushies. bugs the shit outta me. i guess i'm on a sustainability rant. i want wild mushies to remain forever. respect the mush. pick wisely.

i know its hard because we might think, "shit, maybe i should just pick all these now because otherwise someone else will come tomorrow and take them." but its not on.

plus i'm tripping on those four mature ones i found as we speak. woohooo! eaten semi-fresh and washed down with some mercury cider. draught obviously.

another question for experienced mushroomers: i have observed lots of patches of wild mycelium growing in my favourite spots, but every year only about 20% of the mycelium patches i find end up fruiting. IS THIS BECAUSE our winter is too short for the mycelium to fully colonise some substrates? i have read that FULL colonisation is essential for fruiting to being. i'm thinking of ways to shelter mycelium patches so that they stay alive through our summer.

peace all, keep tripping. trip wisely. wise tripley. wisdom and tripping go together like truth and promise keeping. literally.

--------------------
SPORE WATER
IN USE

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
    #8432390 - 05/22/08 10:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

just dry them on layed out newspaper in front of a fan for a few days and they will go crispy dry to the point they will snap when forced.
Then store in a snap lock bag or a glass jar to preserve them away from the air and light.
The best way to store them is to grind them up and jar it as tight as possible, it can last for upto 4 years this way, possibly even more and still remain as potent as the day it was jarred. You can also store the powder in capsules, which apparently works quite well too.

Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: QuantumReality]
    #8435937 - 05/23/08 05:53 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

sollie take spore prints by placing the cut off caps gills down on white paper with a glass over the cap to keep humidity up so it releases spores

then place these spore prints in spring water type bottled water (dont use tap water it will kill the spores).

go buy some water pistols (the hunt at target etc will be fun finding the largest furtherest and fattest spraying meanest water guns!!!!!) and fill them with your heavily laden spore water and guerilla seed your habitats.

In my opinion compared to massive sprayings of spores, I wouldnt be bothering with the water pouring over the caps / thumping them before you pick them which I heard is another myth, they already are dropping heaps of spores in that very patch well before you get to a matureish cap.

ps I am going to credit "farmer88" for this technique, I read he had put a cubensis on a mesh rack or something on his quad bike front or back and left it dangling to drop spores all the way he rode or something very similar along those lines, but I wanted to credit it as a golden killa tech!

and on the size thing I have come to the understanding that you should only ever cut off at the base of course with scissors anything thats bigger than an australian 10 cent piece.

but Im sure everyone would be flat out lying to nature to say they have never taken a pin before cos they LOOKED SOOOOOOOO CUTE! like a little parachute MAN, and then make up for it droping 2 litres of spores for its token.

I also believe that some pins dont get any bigger and are called "aborts" and are supposed to be "by weight" stronger than an adult, much as to an ant is by weight stronger than yourself!!!. But of course that doesnt mean rape pins etc etc.

peace

Offlineummagumma
On the Hunt!
Male

Loc: Forestry SA Flag
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: sollie]
    #8436158 - 05/23/08 08:06 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Sollie
          I will do my best to help you out with your concerns. I'm sure many pickers have often wondered when is the best time to pick the mushrooms so we can assure their survival. Well put it this way, I'm pretty confident to tell you there will always be mushrooms,unless we never ever get rain :crazy:
If you just think about it for a moment and think of all the mushrooms here in Australia and the rest of the world. There are thousands of mature mushrooms sporing all the time. One mushroom can release millions of spores and only a few spores will fruit:mushroom2:
Also woods and forests and Conservation Pks and gum plantation are always going to be here one would hope :eek: So I think mushrooms are pretty safe to Flourish :cool:
Regarding Picking young mushrooms(Bullets) It all comes down to commonsense. If there was a patch of say 50 bullets and a few older ones. Rest assure picking a few bullets will certainly not have a negative effect with future fruitings.
Now if there was only two bullets in one spot and not much else in the whole area. It certainly would be sensible to leave them there.:sun:
There is one book which I highly recommend which is Mycelium running How mushrooms can help save the  world by Paul stamets:thumbup: This book will give you the best and most informed answers about Mycelium. As I certainly cannot other than what the book has said and regarding the weather changes e.g Shorter winters. I would say it would certainly have an effect.
Although I think There's more than meets the eye with climate change :eek:
but that's for another day. I have a very interesting Web site about the Weather,It is that :crazy: I just shake my head:shocked: If you would like to know more let me know:) Thanks

--------------------
Your all  a bunch of Trippers!

Australia First

Edited by ummagumma (05/23/08 08:10 AM)

Offlinesollie
psilosopher
Male

Loc: south oz
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: ummagumma]
    #8438732 - 05/23/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the responses guys, i was slightly tipsy when i posted that, my apologies. i've seen patches of pins/bullets where i've come back the next day and someone has raped the lot. even to the extent of digging out the myc. it makes me nervous every year when i see a fresh patch and say to myself, give em another two days...

it would be interesting to find out more about psilocybin production in the life cycle of the mushies, to find out when is the optimum psilocybin to weight ratio.

i'm gonna do that guerilla style sporing with a water gun. i have prints. i'd love to do a BRF spawn and crumble it onto some woodchiped gardens, but that seems like too much of a headf*!k with the pressure cooking etc. i'm attempting a cardboard spawn, its happening.....slowly. i hope i can transplant it before winter ends.

--------------------
SPORE WATER
IN USE

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: sollie]
    #8441791 - 05/24/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

just few more i found yesterday

--------------------

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: 2SWZZL]
    #8442604 - 05/25/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

A lot of the subs are drying out in exposed areas. Found a few fresh ones under tree and shrubbery cover. They're definitely fruiting in more areas, now we need a decent re-saturation to trigger the next flush.

Sollie i dont think full colonization is required for fruiting. Depends how you define it, but i take it you mean the entire surface of the substrate covered in mycelium. I cant really say for sure the conditions you need them to fruit at.

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: OOISI]
    #8442673 - 05/25/08 02:40 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What sort of camera you use ooisi?, always taking some beautiful photos. Love how on the second one down on the left all the spores are caught in the webbing/veil under the cap.

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #8442722 - 05/25/08 03:27 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nice photos ooisi.

--------------------

Invisiblemsanchez420
NSW Sub Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: 2SWZZL]
    #8442736 - 05/25/08 03:57 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Nice finds sollie/2SWZZL/OOISI :thumbup: Great habitat pics

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: msanchez420]
    #8443213 - 05/25/08 10:34 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

there u go 2SWZZL some nice finds:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds