Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon 5-HTP, San Pedro   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleReverend_Myc
whiterasta
still no aswer?
    #843598 - 08/26/02 08:06 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've read every thread in the damn faq! It only covers chemical addditives and gives some info on the metabolic pathways.I've done tryptamine enhancement already and was dissatisfied.My question is specificly pertaining to natural plant additives.And as far as the metabolism of active compounds is well known and if I was interested in producing the compounds outlined in the faq i can think of better ways than using fungi.Obviously no one has the info I am asking about so I shall leave this to ya'll.Perhaps you'll read my results somewhere but it won't be here.Has anyone given thought that in natural source enhancement all of the substrates intermediaries and related compounds are also present? Is this in the faq? kind of a bad vibe way to treat a newbie (to this forum,I grew my first flush in '77)Anyway I can take a hint and I sense a private club here so go club your privates Peace the "REV"

PS I think this is incredibly rude! at least if you don't have the answer say so,instead of pointing me at a faq which does not address my question.I specificly asked about NATURAL substrates not CHEMICAL (chemicaly tryptamine,tryptophan,and 5htp all have an effect on the fruit potency,I know I've done ALL of them,as well as dopamine enhancement of lophophora and trichocereus) I ask because I have several feilds I pick and the strongest,most enjoyable fruits come from a pasture of canary grass(Phalaris).Peace

--------------------
Manna........Don't leave Earth without it!

Edited by Reverend_Myc (08/26/02 08:21 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: still no aswer? [Re: Reverend_Myc]
    #844249 - 08/26/02 01:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Please read you PM.
These searches were conducted only in AMC not any other forum. It is very well likely that there is more info available upon a more detailed inspection. Nota bene: these searches come directly from your proposed substrates in your original post.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=Forum4&Words=phalaris&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=allposts

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=Forum4&Words=mimosa&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=allposts

and as CLuB99 replied:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=Forum4&Words=substrate%20enhancement&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=allposts

As you can see in the post lists from these searches, many people have thought of and attempted this in the past. There are many excellent and informative posts available there. If, after reading all those posts, you still have some questions or suggestions, by all means let us know. If you do an experiment, or are setting up an experiment, based on these ideas or others, _please_ keep us informed, throughout and through the end game of your desired indoles. We can only further what we know through sharing our individual attempts and insights.
We are not trying to repress or anger you by closing your thread; you should not have taken such offense. Your repeated reply is, to me at least, an unwarranted aggressive stance. Neither CLuB99 nor I directed you to the FAQ, but rather to the seach function and the rules of the forum, respectively.{EDIT: my mistake, I went one step farther than I thought, and directed you to the search function, where the answer was indeed located} By extension of one level, the direction to the rules of the forum is a direction to the search function (and to a lesser extent, the FAQ.. the FAQ is primarily for newbies, although it is continually improving and expanding).
Enjoy you day.

Kick back, relax, and take a deep breath. We are not ALL out to get you, only the men in the satellites orbiting the earth with the mind control rays are. Incidentally I am selling anti-mind-control helmets for 5999.99, or two for 10000.00. Those interested, please send a pm.
(note, the above was a rambling diversion and is not to be taken seriously)

DinoMyc

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Edited by DinoMyc (08/26/02 01:44 PM)

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #844268 - 08/26/02 01:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am not sure what you are referring to as far as the compounds in the FAQ, but to the best of my knowledge fungi (spec. psilocybes) are the most efficient at producing psilocin and psilocybin. Far more productive and efficient than any other chemical or biochemical method. I am really not sure if I am helping here at all, but the question did seem a bit unclear to me.
either way good luck

--------------------

InvisibleReverend_Myc
whiterasta
Re: still no aswer? [Re: DinoMyc]
    #844309 - 08/26/02 02:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Please accept my apology as my own lack of skill with your search engine produced very little result and I could not understand why after having done just that before posting I would recieve such a reply.I understand now.It is far easier to just shove someone off to a faq than actually point to the info and I DO know about moderating forums,I've done my share. Oh and kudos to all those who've grown better fruit than me they are doing VERY well Sorry I don't walk in a humble sycophant but I've been around a long time and don't have to kiss anyones ass intellectually,I hold my own.Perhaps I'll post photos of my semillanceata fruiting on grass straw and sheep shit........Advanced enough?AHHH....fugit why bother just another clique forum.CIAO PS semillanceata exchange hormones with grass roots to induce fruit,that may be of assistance to you Anno.Peace

--------------------
Manna........Don't leave Earth without it!

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
    #844367 - 08/26/02 02:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In your first thread,now locked,you said
In reply to:

I am planning a tampaniensis flush using P.tuberosum as the bulk of my substrate

I'm assuming you are talking about the seeds,right? AFAIK,the seeds themselves don't even have any tryptamines or precursors in the first place,only the grass does.

As far as other things,like mimosa rb,why don't you check it out and see?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon 5-HTP, San Pedro   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology