Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: The Ad Hominem [Re: Xlea321]
    #841419 - 08/24/02 10:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Is all this hysteria because I pointed out that all the evidence shows you were wrong about humans making war for their entire 2 million year history? I didn't see a reply to that and thought you'd accepted it. Looks like it's been festering within you...

Keep your tongue wedged up swamis ass, he needs all the help he can get.

The hysteria is in your mind, you have no evidence of anything except the bitter taste of bile which you incessantly regurgitate whenever you make a post. Your words read like those of a lonely wounded child who must attempt to bring down others in order that he may feel elevated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: The Ad Hominem [Re: ]
    #841479 - 08/24/02 11:09 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's more the other way around. I wasn't even talking to you when your slavish devotion to swami compelled you to butt in with unpleasant and childish remarks. Perhaps you could try and be a man and stand on your own two feet and let swami look after himself.

Cheers.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Edited by Alex123 (08/24/02 11:12 PM)

Anonymous

#841494 - 08/24/02 11:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

...your slavish devotion to swami compelled you to butt in with unpleasant and childish remarks. Perhaps you could try and be a man and stand on your own two feet and let swami look after himself.

Your slavish devotion to vulgarity is bringing the tone of this board down further than Swami has ever taken it on his worst day. Your adolescent obsession with attempting to denigrate Swami has brought you down to a lower level than your perception of him. My eight year old is more well mannered than you, and my three year old is on par with your social development. Perhaps you should rethink your tactics. Kindergarten school yard taunts should be replaced with intellectual discourse. I would suggest that you take a cue from Mr_Mushrooms on how to conduct yourself on a higher level.

Edited by Evolving (08/24/02 11:43 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #841496 - 08/24/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

LOL

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#841550 - 08/25/02 01:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

a flicker of light from somewhere within
something makes me want to be better than you
why cant i be better
why do i feel this
is my self made up of simple formulas
'the last word'
this equation i have to complete
ugly i run the race
when i win it will be perfect
i have to finish it
what would i have without the trophy
id have me.
a click of the mouse, the computer blinks off
and the boy goes outside
and opens his eyes

blargh

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #841658 - 08/25/02 03:06 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Your adolescent obsession with attempting to denigrate Swami has brought you down to a lower level than your perception of him

Can you get really get lower than swami writing "ha hahaha hehehehe" when sclorch called me a "cocksucker" and sent me personal insults by PM? Is this the kind of social behaviour you want your children to emulate?

Your protestations might carry some weight if you were also protesting against sclorch and swami's "cocksucker" insults. Until you do, you expose yourself for what you clearly are. Some little sidekick of swami upset at seeing their hero taken down a peg or two.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #842519 - 08/25/02 03:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I never sent you any insults via PM (forward it to everyone if I did).

I believe it was something more like this:

Subject: What's your problem?
Body: Well???

To which you never responded.

This is the case:
If you argue and rankle and contradict, you may achieve a temporary victory- sometimes; but it will be an empty victory because you will never get your opponent's good will. -Benjamin Franklin

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

Re: The Ad Hominem [Re: Sclorch]
    #842525 - 08/25/02 04:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I miss you guys, but I shall return!

Cheers,

Anonymous

#842582 - 08/25/02 04:35 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Can you get really get lower than swami writing "ha hahaha hehehehe" when sclorch called me a "cocksucker" and sent me personal insults by PM? Is this the kind of social behaviour you want your children to emulate?

Your protestations might carry some weight if you were also protesting against sclorch and swami's "cocksucker" insults. Until you do, you expose yourself for what you clearly are. Some little sidekick of swami upset at seeing their hero taken down a peg or two.

This is the primary part of your exchange where the term "cocksucker" was brought up...

Alex123 (Re: Thought Loops):
Oh diddums you sound upset. I presume all your pathetic insults are ok are they? How about sclorch calling me a "cocksucker" and sending me insults by PM? I didn't hear you whining then.

Swami (Re: Thought Loops):
How about sclorch calling me a "cocksucker" and sending me insults by PM?
Ha ha ha ha he heh heh ho ho ha! Stop it! You are killing me! Stop! Ho ho ha ha he he he! Gee, now why did it not occur to me to get Thor to let me read your private mail?

So, you stated, '...sclorch called me a "cocksucker" and sent me personal insults by PM?' (emphasis added to word 'and') I did a search of all posts in the Spirituality and Philosophy forum and could not find where this epithet was used by Sclorch. Swami interpreted your statements as meaning that the insult was sent via PM, his reply was based on the absurd notion that he should somehow be able to divine the content of PMs exchanged between Sclorch and you. Swami is not responsible for the content of any PMs sent by any other members and he only has your dubious word to go on that you received such an insult from Sclorch via PM. Now if in fact Sclorch used this term, that is a matter between you and him, it is irrational to implicate Swami, myself or any other members in this particular alleged episode.

I will tell you something that I tell my children, two wrongs don't make a right. If Swami's behavior is so reprehensible, why do you bring yourself down below his level by incessant name calling and personal insults? (Swami refrains from name calling but does give people grief over their beliefs) To your disservice, you paint yourself as a petty, vindictive and vulgar individual. My suggestion is, show yourself to be a better person than those who you think are less 'enlightened' and offer rational, enlightened refutations of their positions sans the school yard insults. It is possible to highlight your disagreement with a person's manner and tone of communication without turning every thread into an endless diatribe that ruins the spirit of intellectual discourse.

In conclusion, in attempting to stop Swami from ruining threads, you are ruining threads. How is this productive? As the saying goes, 'The Operation was a Success, But the Patient Died'

Is that as clear as mud, or should I attempt further obfuscation?

Edited by Evolving (08/25/02 05:08 PM)

Anonymous

#842844 - 08/25/02 06:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think that sums it up quite nicely. Let's all interact in peace and harmony now.
Ommmmmmmm

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #842934 - 08/25/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I did a search of all posts in the Spirituality and Philosophy forum and could not find where this epithet was used by Sclorch.

You're right! Looks like sclorch was so embarrassed he went back and deleted the post! That's the best laugh I've had all day

Calls someone a cocksucker and then doesn't even have the courage to leave the post up! Think that shows the level of debate sclorch enjoys.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #842939 - 08/25/02 07:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In conclusion, in attempting to stop Swami from ruining threads, you are ruining threads. How is this productive?

So I should just let swami ruin any threads he wants and drive away anyone he doesn't agree with? How is this productive?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #842964 - 08/25/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've deleted no post.
Must've been some lone moderator on the grassy knoll...

I still think you can be a [DELETED for the protection of Alex123's ego].

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: The Ad Hominem [Re: Sclorch]
    #842971 - 08/25/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Not too sure I believe you sclorch

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #842975 - 08/25/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Shroomism writes:

Let's all interact in peace and harmony now.

An unlikely outcome, in this thread at least.

I just re-read the rules for posting in this forum. Why wasn't this thread locked twenty posts ago?

pinky

--------------------

Anonymous

#842987 - 08/25/02 07:31 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So I should just let swami ruin any threads he wants and drive away anyone he doesn't agree with?
I didn't state that. If there is something that you find objectionable in his tone or manner, you can state so in a forceful and direct manner without making it sound petty. Isn't there a more enlightened way to deal with what you perceive as ignorance or mean spiritedness on the part of another? I'm sure that you can find it. It is possible to dissect a person's reasoning to show that it is invalid, without attacking the individual. Don't you have it within you to use cold hard logic and meet him on his own terms? He has and will acknowledge when someone shows him that he is in error.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #843006 - 08/25/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

When in Rome...

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #843164 - 08/25/02 09:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

No apology for implying i was lying about sclorch calling me a "cocksucker" I see. Not even when sclorch has admitted it himself.

I think it's clear who the petty one is.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#843244 - 08/26/02 12:29 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Let's all go pick some flowers

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder