Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebigwussy
Stranger
problem
    #842914 - 08/25/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Last year I did a successful pf tek run. I used 24 jars. I got loads of prints. About 2 months later, I took the prints out of the fridge. I made 1 sterile spore syringe, and used it to inoculate 5 jars. Now its 2 weeks later. I have a huge contamination problem. All 5 have been overrun by some kind of mold or something. I have a copy of the mushroom cultivator and have used it to identify the mold as bread mold. Is my problem in the sterilization of the jars or the sterilization of the syringe? Could it be a bad print?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: problem [Re: bigwussy]
    #842919 - 08/25/02 06:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Is my problem in the sterilization of the jars or the sterilization of the syringe? Could it be a bad print?

It could be any of those. When did you first notice the contamination? Did it start at the injection sites or was it everywhere?

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: problem [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #842970 - 08/25/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Let's see if I remember how this goes....

Make fresh syringes. With one or two have them be blanks (no spores in them). Innoculate your jars including with the blanks. This is the confusing but neccisary part that will show you where your problem is. If all the jars go bad then you have to look at your sterility from top to bottom. If only the ones that had spores actually in them contam then it's your prints. Then again if they all contam then it could be as simple as your syring making tek. Like I said it's kinda confusing but I am stoned.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: problem [Re: upupup]
    #843191 - 08/25/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yes...you must determine the culprit by process of elimination. it would be helpful if you had a print from another source. if you eliminate that that your sterilization of substrate is not where you problem is then how do you deterimine if it is your print or syringe making process?? i would be willing to send you one if necessary, but try your other options first to make sure it was not simply insufficient sterilizing of the substrate.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract