Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefantasy2reality
Growing Anew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hockeytown,USA
Load of Manure with FIRE FANG
    #8424646 - 05/20/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I just unloaded a literal ton of cow manure that the farmer said had been "sittin for a while" he said it had been weathered and was ready for the garden, as I told him I was using it for. (just didnt tell him it was my mushroom garden!)
As he scooped the pile into his loader, I noticed the middle of the pile had white stuff in it... Is this the "fire fang" that Im looking for? there was definitely a bunch of steam rising up from the pile. pictures might help[image][/image][image][/image]

Secondly, I had to transfer the pile to a tarp for further weathering, and mixed the manure up and broke the "possible fire fang" into pieces and spread it amongst the pile to weather some more. Will this help or hurt my efforts?

These cattle, are Black Ink Limousin, and they are very healthy,fed all organic product, and have a very good diet of grain and alfalfa hay. This is the only reason I decided to grab a load of it.

This will be my first attempt to use Manure as a substrate, and I know I have to mix straw, but the manure has straw in it from when the farmer "mucked" the barn. I am just not sure if I need to add more fresh straw to it first????[image align=left][/image]

Im asking if anybody that uses cow manure for mushrooms has a decent recipe that works well to use as a substrate for mushrooms, Id like to get that information for my personal use.

I appreciate the help!

--------------------
Can't seem to get a grip on reality!
http://www.growery.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
Re: Load of Manure with FIRE FANG [Re: fantasy2reality]
    #8424997 - 05/20/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=377568&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&part=

This method is used primarily for panaeolus but you will get great results with cubensis too.

Looks good to me. If it isnt dry you should let it sit longer though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate