Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: AlCapwn]
    #8420721 - 05/19/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

did you get your laptop from circuit city? they had raccoon powered ones on fire sale last week. :tongue2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: nalyudi]
    #8421538 - 05/19/08 07:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nalyudi said:
happyhippies, idk i just feel like applying symbolism to dreams leaves so much room for variation that people are telling themselves what they want to hear. its kinda like when people read horoscopes and say "omg that is me exactly!" its a very open ended interpretation. on the other hand all is still theory so you could be right on target

Actually, I kind of agree with you. I never really looked into any of my other dreams symbolism for that reason. The loose teeth thing was just really disturbing, and I was bored at a bookstore on a weekly basis, I was bound to check it out. I thought it was odd how very accurate that one seemed to be.

For the most part, I think dreams DO contain symbolism. But, that the symbolism is relative to the dreamer. A cigar may mean a penis to some guy named Freud, but to my mother, whose husband smoked them and died of emphysema it symbolizes death.

--------------------

Invisibleatayia
nom nom
Female

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #8421866 - 05/19/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i dream a lot about my family and stuff that happens in my hometown and i seem to be high school age, but more than anything my dreams are just pieces of that day or recent events smashed together. kind of hilarious the stories my brain comes up with though from that information.

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
    #8421964 - 05/19/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've only read half the replies.

But I'd like to ask u something. U think the last ppl make sense to u. The ones that say it's just random memories. Well how would u explain havin dreams about people and places u've never seen or been? If their theory was right then u'd only have dreams created from shit u've already done or experienced. But I've had pplenty of dreams in places I've never been and with people I've never seen ever in my life. So can u explain that for me. And the places that I've seen in my dreams I always end up going to. Like when I moved out here I was drivin down a road and went right to a place that I was at in my dreams, same everything and that was the first time I was there.

I don't have my own solid theory about dreams but I really don't think any of the theories u listed are right I believe that all of them have some truth to them but not right in whole. Just my opinion

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Edited by fantasylndvictm (05/19/08 09:22 PM)

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#8421984 - 05/19/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Shit I can't even properly put into words

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Offlinegotcha420haha
Not Available
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #8422119 - 05/19/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I once had a dream that i was climbing a mountain and that I was walking along a very narrow pathway up the mountain with a steep cliff to my left and a rock face to my right. All of a sudden I remember the wind picking up or some kind of force that made me lose my footing and fall off the side of the mountain, down the cliff. I didn't fall straight down, I feel out and down sort of diagonally from the path.

The feelings that i experienced in this dream were the most remarkable part. I remember feeling an intense fear as I started to lose my footing, and a sudden lift in my torso like the feeling you get when you drop down on a roller coaster. My mind was racing and then, as I realized there was nothing that I could do, I experienced this sense of peace that I have never felt before in my life.

The peace that I felt inside grew and grew until I started to see the tips on the pine trees below start to appear around me and immediately I was looking at the sky and the mountain from the ground where i landed and i saw the trees protruding into the sky around me.

Then I woke up.

I don't really know what to make of this dream. It was a strange circumstance though, because a few days later, on my one-a-day zen quotes calendar, it read "Let go over a cliff, die completely, then come back to life. After that you cannot be deceived"

--------------------

"Sometimes I wonder, If I know where I am going. I go for a walk and it seems like I have been walking for years and years and I don't know where I'm going. I hear the sound leading me on."

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8422774 - 05/20/08 12:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

by the hobson mccarley theory if you have even ever seen a picture or imagined what a place might be like you could see it in a dream. as you awake your brain fills in all the gaps. maybe you had this set of images and adding this background made the most sense to you. the mind is so powerful, it can easily deceive you. obviously all these are only theories, but they have been around for years and are well respected in the psychology community

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
    #8423647 - 05/20/08 10:10 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don''t mean to discredit them as good theories cuz they are I just didn't understand the last one. What u say could make sense. Cuz this dream I'm talkin bout was a recurring one when I was really little and as I grew I grew in my dream too and the two guys in it never changed and there was never any sound in my dream neither of them talked they just watched me and one made me fel uncomfortable and the other guy made me feel comfortable. They both looked the same in the face, just one was tall and skinny and the other one was short and fat <-- he's the one that made me uncomfortable.

There's more to the dream not much but I'm late for school so I got to go. This dream just alwaYS stuck wit me I wish someone could make sense of it for me. Cuz I never seen those two men or the place we was at.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #8423761 - 05/20/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've had the tooth dream a few times, but your interpretation that you read doesn't really apply at all. Strange... I've heard a few people talk of this kind of nightmare.

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: Brugman]
    #8424094 - 05/20/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Brugman said:
I've had the tooth dream a few times, but your interpretation that you read doesn't really apply at all. Strange... I've heard a few people talk of this kind of nightmare.

That's funny. You just provided an example of exactly what I was trying to say ^there. The fact that it does apply perfectly to my experience at the time when I was dreaming it, makes me wonder if there is a general symbolism of the human mind, and maybe we determine different meanings to symbols according to personal experiences.

--------------------

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

Re: what do you see in your dreams? [Re: gotcha420haha]
    #8424107 - 05/20/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gotcha420haha said:
I once had a dream that i was climbing a mountain and that I was walking along a very narrow pathway up the mountain with a steep cliff to my left and a rock face to my right. All of a sudden I remember the wind picking up or some kind of force that made me lose my footing and fall off the side of the mountain, down the cliff. I didn't fall straight down, I feel out and down sort of diagonally from the path.

The feelings that i experienced in this dream were the most remarkable part. I remember feeling an intense fear as I started to lose my footing, and a sudden lift in my torso like the feeling you get when you drop down on a roller coaster. My mind was racing and then, as I realized there was nothing that I could do, I experienced this sense of peace that I have never felt before in my life.

The peace that I felt inside grew and grew until I started to see the tips on the pine trees below start to appear around me and immediately I was looking at the sky and the mountain from the ground where i landed and i saw the trees protruding into the sky around me.

Then I woke up.

I don't really know what to make of this dream. It was a strange circumstance though, because a few days later, on my one-a-day zen quotes calendar, it read "Let go over a cliff, die completely, then come back to life. After that you cannot be deceived"

Wow!! Interesting dream. To me it sounds like a quest for enlightenment. As if you were climbing this narrow path that you thought would surely take you there, only to find out that letting go of the "quest" was the way to achieve what you were seeking. You know like the only way to find what you are looking for is to stop looking?

Anyhow, regardless of my personal ideas, that dream sounds awesome. When you woke up did the feeling of peace follow you to the waking world?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom