Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline00Nick00
pass the paint
Tips on making Syringes
    #840176 - 08/24/02 08:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've been reading up on Syringe-Making teks and I've got most everything down for my first time batch. I can get up to 20 3cc syringes; I have 2 prints, and I'm expecting roughly 6 syringes per print; does this sound good? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions, or past experiences making them ('what went wrong') ?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: 00Nick00]
    #840179 - 08/24/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i think you'll find its very easy. good luck.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #840224 - 08/24/02 09:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

3cc syringes? use 1 syringe per jar....
anyway make sure teh syringes are clean by sucking up alcohol a good 3 or 4 times then purge it out into your sink or a cup but do not re-use it. filling it 1/3 of the way then 2/3 air allows you to shake it and clean it pretty well. then boil some water (place a shotglass in the water before it boils; you will need it sterilized later) to a soft boil and suck up the full amt of the syringe (pull the plunger ALL the way back every time) and again disperse but do NOT reuse or put back into the boiling pot.) anyway do this 3 or 4 or 20 times whatever but the very last time keep all the water in the syringe; alcohol sterilize the needle and put 'em all into a ziplock baggie and make sure its sealed. let cool; i put them in a chest freezer for 25 min or so (for 10-12cc syringes).
now i recommend a glovebox but ive done it dozens od times by making a tent out of paper towels and 4 tall cups and a cardboard box behind the work area to eliminate a straight path for a draft.
now get your shotglass outta the boiling water with tongs and set it upside down under your towel hood or glovebox cos its gonna take 20 min or more; but youre syringes will be cooling now anyway...
now grab your razor blade; alcohol and a few paper towels to add in your glovebox.
once cooled; flip the shotglass over and scrape however many spores you want in there. of an average 1.5" print i would suggest making about 30-36cc from it (im my case 3 syringes per print; should do 10 3cc syringes). now get your cooled syringes and open one up; alcohol it again (wait at least 5 or 10 seconds for teh alcohol to evaporate off the tip) and then shoot about 1/2 your syringe in the glass w/ the spores. mix it up with the needle of teh syringe and suck it back up. if theres still a lotta spores on teh glass surface; squirt more in there and try again; in a glovebox you shouldnt have to worry about time exposure but you still should make the process as rapid as possible; keeping everything under control of course.
make sure you alcohol the shotglass if you switch strains but i do 3 or 4 syringes of 1 strain without cleaning the shotglass.
any questions PM me but im not on shroomery every day.
peace.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #840259 - 08/24/02 09:32 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

An average print will easily make 6 - 10, 10cc syringes. Just one of those prints will be enough for all 20 of your 3cc syringes.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: Shdwstr]
    #840265 - 08/24/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yes i realize that but i use very dark syringes because it allows more variance of substrain in the jar and ive found it to speed colonization quite a bit; some spores are just healthier than others. either way its your own preferance; try everything!

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #840273 - 08/24/02 09:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Dark syringes are indicative of numerous clumps of spores. This is superfluous. Individual spores are microscopic and are not visible to the naked eye. I've seen equally good results with crystal clear syringes when compared to purple ones.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisiblemushroombadness
Learning Fast
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #840357 - 08/24/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've noticed the darker syringes tend to colonize faster than light ones. Has anyone else noticed this same thing?

--------------------
~Out

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: mushroombadness]
    #840360 - 08/24/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, I've seen mixed results. Some dark colonized faster than some light, and vice versa.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlineindkebr
Loc: Colorado
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #842039 - 08/25/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

how important is it to suck the alcholol first into the syringes. I just took the ones I got from a vendor (previously used) and sucked in boiling water, waited 5 minutes, squirted into sink and did that one more. on the third time just left the wawter in there (and flamed the needle)

--------------------

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: indkebr]
    #842051 - 08/25/02 10:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thats fine

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: shaggymane]
    #842731 - 08/25/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think you'll do fine. Just remember to use lower gauge needles. Try to get nothing higher than 20, preferably 18 or 16. The thin ones (i.e. 25 or 30 gauge) are not only too short but they get clogged up easily with spores.

Offline00Nick00
pass the paint
    #848865 - 08/28/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Last night I tryed making them and I'm not sure just what happened...
I got everything sterile, heated-up my innoculation wire, scraped off some spores into my glass glass (which then turned cloudy-brown), and sucked it up into my syringe. I figured I did it wrong so I emptied it out, but the syringe DID suck up the 'brown' spores. Then I scraped a small amount of print into a small glass and sucked it up, but the little black spores stayed in the water and weren't sucked up into the syringe. Should I have have scraped them off with an extremely-hot innoculation wire?
Should I leave my completely clear (no black of brown anywhere visible) syringes or do I have to re-do it?
WTF??

Edited by 00Nick00 (08/28/02 09:01 AM)

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #848896 - 08/28/02 09:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>Should I have have scraped them off with an extremely-hot innoculation wire?

A sterile wire is good, but you don't want it to be hot while scraping the spores!

>Should I leave my completely clear (no black of brown anywhere visible) syringes or do I have to re-do it?

You should be ok, if you scraped spores into the glass, and sucked them into the syringe, there will be thousands of spores in the water. A lot of spores do get left behing in the glass, but a lot also end up in the syringe.
Use them, they should be ok.

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offline00Nick00
pass the paint
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #848954 - 08/28/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here's the thing...
I took my cool syringes and squirted half the water outta all of them. I scraped a lotta spores into the glass of sterilized water and stirred. I sucked up enough of the spore-water to fill half of the 3cc syringes in each syringe, leaving me with my 8 clear syringes, and a glass with a really small amount of water FILLED with black specs' (the spore of course). What I'm saying is that none of the large black spores where sucked up; is this OK???

Edited by 00Nick00 (08/28/02 01:04 PM)

Offline00Nick00
pass the paint
    #849347 - 08/28/02 01:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

?anybody?

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #849362 - 08/28/02 01:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

did you read peace_patrol's post above? perhaps your needles are too thin and won't allow the spores to enter... that's all i could think of

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinePSILOCYBE_RICKY
Loc: earth
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: geokills]
    #849901 - 08/28/02 06:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

when making syringes i like to cut out the "middle" man(sucking from a shot glass). i scrape 1/5 - 1/4 of a print. then i take the plunger out of the syringe, pour 3cc of water into it. put the scrapings directly into the syringe, fill the rest with water. put the punger back on. shake a little and you have really dark syringes because all the spores are in there and not stuck on the side of the shot glass most ppl like to use. i pour some water first because if you put spores into a dry syringe they will clump &/or get stuck at the bottom.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tips on making Syringes [Re: PSILOCYBE_RICKY]
    #850047 - 08/28/02 07:30 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

then i take the plunger out of the syringe, pour 3cc of water into it. put the scrapings directly into the syringe, fill the rest with water. put the punger back on.

Dangerous!
I hope you are working in a very sterile enviroment.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
    #850196 - 08/28/02 08:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

I figured I did it wrong so I emptied it

Dude, what made you think that? You've made this post, got all the preperations right, if you follow the instructions from syringe teks and the advice we have given you on here, you will be fine. The time that things get fucked up is when people fuck with them too much - keep checking on jars, poking at things to see if its growing, emptying your spore syringe and re filling it cause you figured you did it wrong...this is just allowing more time for foreign spores to settle in your water while its in the shot glass thereby contaminating your syringes.
Hopefully, your syringes haven't been contaminated, in which case proceed as usual (follow a tek i.e. PF tek EXACTLY), and don't re-do things. Just be patient and wait and see. Next time, follow the simple instructions in the cultivation FAQ (remember, let your loop cool before scraping the spores off - the black spores are probably clumps of dead, burnt spores) and make sure your needles are fat enough.

Offlinegoldtop
Wild Spore

Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #850343 - 08/29/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've found the best growth is with "medium" density syringes. By that I mean you don't want them too dark (too purple), but then again, you want to make sure you can see some clumps of spores.

For some strange reason, I get better growth with a "medium" syringe than I do with a "dark" syringe. Every time!

Go for about 6 - 10, 10cc syringes per spore print.

--------------------
"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it NOW!" - Queen

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules