Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
come across this before?
    #841883 - 08/25/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My friends microscopic conjoined twin has some millet substrate mixed with a straw bulk/horse dung, cased with 50/50 peat/verm (pinch of oystershell and lime) which was just ripping right when it decided to fruit. Temp was dropped to fruiting temps and fanning cycles had begun. Pinning has been slow to non-exsistent. There are abhorts but no real shrooms happening.

The microscopic conjoined twin thinks that there are several factors going on here and wondered what other people thought about this. It thinks that because double amounts of colonized millet was used in conjunction with the dung/straw and the resulting growth of mycelium was so robust that there is not enough o2 being circulated thus resulting in the crappy pinnig? Since the bulk was already so moist and the casing mix was brougt slowly up to full moisture holding capacity prior to the temp drop for pinning, no misting has been going on with humidity still high.

Thoughts?

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: upupup]
    #841944 - 08/25/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Edited by Macey Howard (08/25/02 08:28 AM)

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: come across this before? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #842957 - 08/25/02 07:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I wondered if all that was too vague but I thought it might make sence anyway. My bad.

Cambodians
My setup is manuel meaning I don't have any tubes or hoses. I do it all by hand ie misting, fanning, etc.
Temps were 86 for spawning into the straw and 76 for pinset.
I don't have a guage but it's damn good. At least 90 percent.
3x per day they are fanned.
Light is limited only to fanning and a few minutes with a couple of flouresent lights right on top of my containers per day.

It's really funky. My friends microscopic conjoined twin really had this down then changed locations and it's like he never grew them befor. Hardly have seen one grow in months. Keep gettting contams. Got that all straightened out then this weird pin thing. I hate to think it's cosmic just rather him being a fuck up but you know how it goes. Thanks for even replying. It's been a while since I have been here.

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: come across this before? [Re: upupup]
    #842965 - 08/25/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

How long have you waited? What changed during the move?

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: come across this before? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #845057 - 08/26/02 05:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What happened was he fried my PCer by leaving it on the stove too long w/out water and it cracked so he switched back to the old straight PF tek for a bit. He got allot of contams because of his living situation which in a home that has an open floor plan and it's impossible to seal off a room to work in.

Now he has a PCer again and has eliminated the contams in the substrate. Some have finally fruited but they have lines in them like they have too much moisture which is weird since they haven't been misted in quite a while since he was trying not to mist during pinset becuase he had been haveing allot abort during pinset because (he thinks) they were getting misted just a tad too much. Instead he waited for even myc growth through the casing layer and then misted to full holding capacity for the casing layer as per TMC (hehe when I just typed that I spelled THC).

The ones now fruitng have stripes in them which I have heard to be a sign of too much moisture. There was not a very even pinset and they seem to be coming from deep inside the straw/dung. I have definatly never seen that before. The fruits that are not abhorting are huge but scanty. There are a bunch of abhorts though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix