Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
The War On Drugs
    #8418769 - 05/19/08 12:10 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Since the U.S declared war on drugs, as drug users and enthusiasts are we entitled to fight back? And wouldnt that make anyone put in jail for drug charges a prisoner of war? I thought the U.S didnt take prisoners of war. Aside from gitmo.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: The War On Drugs [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8418771 - 05/19/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

drugs r bad mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #8418772 - 05/19/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It's called civil disobedience and yeah you do to go jail for it.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: The War On Drugs [Re: Coaster]
    #8418773 - 05/19/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thanx mr mackey.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: The War On Drugs [Re: learningtofly]
    #8418776 - 05/19/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
It's called civil disobedience and yeah you do to go jail for it.

Im looking at this whole things as a literal war. With two parties fighting against one another. Who's fighting against the government in this war, by doing something other than possessing drugs?

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#8418782 - 05/19/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well if its a war then the Govt simply kills us all and wins.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8418791 - 05/19/08 12:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i think that's bullshit. One sided wars are for pussies.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#8418794 - 05/19/08 12:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

LOL "The US doesn't take prisoners of war"

do as I say not as I do

--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (05/19/08 12:17 AM)

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8418806 - 05/19/08 12:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i know that they do, but is it in the policy to do so?

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#8418815 - 05/19/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah but we dont really pay attention to the "rules" we make. See: Half the shit America has done. Ex. Korea/Vietnam were never technically wars, Gulf of Tonkin never happened, etc, etc.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8418830 - 05/19/08 12:28 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

what a fantastic place. in soviet russia you dont declare a war on drugs, drugs declare war on you.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
    #8418831 - 05/19/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The "war on drugs" is more similar to the inquisition or "witch hunts" than a war.

One could also say the "war on drugs" is a kinder, gentler holocaust, just like in the 3rd reich, there is obvious use of propaganda, a general view of drug users as being inferior beings that have no value living or dead, drug users are imprisoned very long periods of time for committing no actual crime in much the same way as Jews were rounded up and imprisoned for committing no actual crime. Drug users doors are kicked in and people imprisoned for committing no actual crime in much the same way Jews homes were invaded and Jews were imprisoned for committing no actual crime.

Those who do not know their history are bound to repeat it, and you wonder why the government doesn't want educated informed citizens?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#8418833 - 05/19/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Isn't LSD legal for medical purposes in Russia?

HEY WAIT A MINUTE SOVIET RUSSIA DOESNT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8418848 - 05/19/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

for the sake of yakov smirnoff it does exist. And thank you chemy, very well said.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: The War On Drugs [Re: Chemy]
    #8418886 - 05/19/08 12:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting parallels. I've never really thought of the "War on Drugs" like this before.

The WWII juxtaposition ties more with the "War on Drugs", but I feel as though the witch hunts are quite similar to how drugs have been treated historically in various societies.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: The War On Drugs [Re: PinballWizard]
    #8418896 - 05/19/08 12:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Is the history of drugs in other countries nearly as depressing? Ive always thought other countries had a decent past with drugs.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #8419054 - 05/19/08 02:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

A lot of countries look to the US for guidance on drug policy :frown:

But sometimes it's the other way around! Salvia is illegal in Australia, but I heard it's legal in the US? But a Californian senator gave a speech about Salvia and said something like "the Australians have banned it!" as if that's justification for banning it in the US. Here's a hint Mr Senator: it's not.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8419060 - 05/19/08 02:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

We need to engineer a self-replicating super drug that can operate heavy machinery and launch attacks on the DEA. :minigun:

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: The War On Drugs [Re: Chemy]
    #8419186 - 05/19/08 05:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
The "war on drugs" is more similar to the inquisition or "witch hunts" than a war.

One could also say the "war on drugs" is a kinder, gentler holocaust, just like in the 3rd reich, there is obvious use of propaganda, a general view of drug users as being inferior beings that have no value living or dead, drug users are imprisoned very long periods of time for committing no actual crime in much the same way as Jews were rounded up and imprisoned for committing no actual crime. Drug users doors are kicked in and people imprisoned for committing no actual crime in much the same way Jews homes were invaded and Jews were imprisoned for committing no actual crime.

Those who do not know their history are bound to repeat it, and you wonder why the government doesn't want educated informed citizens?

But jews corrupt our youths with their crazy jew music and subvert their thinking with sinester jew propoganda. It's a gateway to harder stuff like kabalism and muslim addiction. Hitler would never lie about the jews, and Bush+the daily mail+rest of the smug world would never lie about drugs. How dare you question your government! Off to gitmo for you so you can learn the value of FREEDOM.

--------------------

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: The War On Drugs [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8419187 - 05/19/08 05:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

A world where this is true satire is a sad world.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Invisiblealphabeatu
Sire
Male

#8419189 - 05/19/08 05:09 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

theres only a war on free growing flora

so we all become anti-depressant pill swollowing junkies

--------------------

i need names and addresses of narc members

pm for details

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom