Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

6 dried grams = level 1 or 2 trip?? What went wrong?
    #8413084 - 05/17/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

My first flush ever yeilded about 18 dried grams. So me and a couple friends decided to take the plunge..So we ate about 3g each..felt like nothing more then smoking a lot of weed..so we then ate the other 3g each..And that didnt really push it up anymore. Granted we had the walls breathing and we were very giggly. It was still kinda fun but for 6g of dried we were expecting some level 4 crazy out of body ego loss space travel type stuff ya know?

Is there anything in the grow process that would gimp their potency?

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: 6 dried grams = level 1 or 2 trip?? What went wrong? [Re: the_0wl]
    #8413105 - 05/17/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Depends a lot on substrate from what I understand; certain things in the soil cause the shrooms to produce more active alkaloids. I'm not sure what these things are.

However, I do know that hay and manure are two substrates that produce some of the most powerful mushrooms.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineNIMH
MadCap
 User Gallery

#8413106 - 05/17/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

How dry were they? If they weren't cracker dry moisture could have added weight.

--------------------
I must not Fear. Fear is the mindkiller . Fear is the little-death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and
through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. ONLY I WILL REMAIN.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: 6 dried grams = level 1 or 2 trip?? What went wrong? [Re: NIMH]
    #8413113 - 05/17/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

They were very cripy and crunchy. I used a food dehydrator.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #8413142 - 05/17/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If you grew on brown rice flour, don't get too excited. Don't waste your time to BRF longer than it takes to get the fundamentals of growing down, then make the jump to a richer substrate like horse poo.

OfflineNIMH
MadCap
 User Gallery

Re: 6 dried grams = level 1 or 2 trip?? What went wrong? [Re: 12468]
    #8413154 - 05/17/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

How hot did the food dehydrator get? Did you have the heat on or just running air?

--------------------
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and
through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: 6 dried grams = level 1 or 2 trip?? What went wrong? [Re: 12468]
    #8413185 - 05/17/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, It was BRF cakes. The PF tek method. I was thinking of doing the rye/casing method next anyway. I cant really do any poo methods lol, I live in an apartment in a pretty urban area. So what would be the best substrate for a closet cultivator?

Also could I have let them over mature and throw my weight measures off? I let the caps totally open and allowed them to get as large as they could. And the strain was B+. Is this strain not particularly strong? Also I might not have dried them fast enough. .they just air dried for about 24 hours then I decided to get a food dehydrator to speed up the rest of it.

--------------------

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #8413194 - 05/17/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Time to switch over to the cultivation forum bro

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8413253 - 05/17/08 03:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

the_0wl said:
Yeah, It was BRF cakes. The PF tek method. I was thinking of doing the rye/casing method next anyway. I cant really do any poo methods lol, I live in an apartment in a pretty urban area. So what would be the best substrate for a closet cultivator?

Also could I have let them over mature and throw my weight measures off? I let the caps totally open and allowed them to get as large as they could. And the strain was B+. Is this strain not particularly strong? Also I might not have dried them fast enough. .they just air dried for about 24 hours then I decided to get a food dehydrator to speed up the rest of it.

I would recommend using wild bird seed as your substrate and doing some research and deciding what casing or spawn to use.

Over maturing the mushrooms will definitely weaken the potency by weight. Most people pick them right before or right after the veils break.

OfflineNIMH
MadCap
 User Gallery

#8413294 - 05/17/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Psilocybin and psilocin are sensitive to oxidation. Temperature speeds up this process. If you had them sitting out for awhile, your dehydrator was heated, you grew on BRF, and you picked late. All these factors combined is probably what left your mushies weak.

--------------------

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

#8413868 - 05/17/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, guess I'll just eat 2-3 times more next flush..And once these cakes are spent I'm going to do Rye or WBS casing..damn..all that time and effort for something equivalent to a few bong rips

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds