Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Incense, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBleaK
paradox
How do i enhance visuals?
    #841360 - 08/24/02 10:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Ive triped 4 times now. Im pretty sure it was all on cubensis. The first 2 i did between 1 and 2 grams. They were both great but were lacking in visuals. I did 2.7 grams on the 4th of july and rode my bike around watching the fireworks, very cool too, but still not much visuals.
The last time i dosed i did almost 4 grams(i only weigh about 140) and then i finnally had some distortions and a little bit of glowing... all my trips have been out doors at night, usually riding my bike or walking around, parks, ocean.. that kinda stuff. Is there anything i could do to enhance the visuals aside from just taking alot more?

Also, im gonna start my own growing experiment soon, i'll post a log

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: BleaK]
    #841691 - 08/25/02 05:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

2 grams of reasonable shrooms is plenty!

Lie down in a dark room or better: in a sleepingbag under the stars.
Nothing can beat THAT !!!

Don't do too much or too often! Once every 2 months has worked great for me for about a decade! If you blow it (take too much or too often) the bad feeling can adhere to your subsequent trips. Alot of trippers quit for that very reason.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
    #841715 - 08/25/02 06:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with Wiccan. Step into a dark room or closet with some music and just stare into the blackness. Anything you see coming from that is obviously a hallucination. For me though, to achieve a significant amount of hallucinations, I have to eat at least 4 grams dry. It depends on what strain you eat too. . . But, try the dark room idea and see if that works. g'dluck

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: Hashbury]
    #841732 - 08/25/02 07:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

For me I really dont get open eyed visuals or hallucinations on mushrooms. At about 5 grams dry I get some closed eye stuff but it's not as intense as acid though. That's my experience.

Also listen to Wiccan's advice about not doing it too often!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: Ripple]
    #841733 - 08/25/02 07:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Oh let me be clear....I'M NOT RECOMENDING THAT YOU DO THAT MUCH!!!!

--------------------

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: Ripple]
    #841921 - 08/25/02 10:13 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Dont worry ripple. and thx for the advice, by the way ive always waited at least 2 weeks

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
    #842002 - 08/25/02 11:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Nitrous Oxide can enhance visuals, but it usually wears off in about a minute.

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: thepodman]
    #842332 - 08/25/02 03:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So does Salva....I don't like the stuff but the open eyed visuals are cool the closed eyed visuals cannot be described in words....I think I posted something on it once let me take a look.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #842350 - 08/25/02 04:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #842639 - 08/25/02 07:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well some shrooms have stronger visuals than others.

Blue equadors tend to lack visuals.

I know that if i stare at a pattern, and just keep my head still, things tend to start trickling and oozing and such.

Or you can close your eyes while listening to music,.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #842768 - 08/25/02 08:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It all depends on your "mental cohesion" (ability to not lose it ! IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD !) . If you are not the bummed or the maniacal type do not take large doses or do them often . Because , yes the residule can be a real bummer . I and a few friends over the years have eaten upto 1.5 ounces of freshies at one sitting with no ill effects . I never ate alot of frezze dried at once , I think at most 4 grams . In my opinion fresh is the best , the high felt more natural , 7 grams is usually enough for most . I believe in fasting before shrooming , then eat fruits and juices at the on set .
Being in the woods camping is my favorite place to trip, stare at a calm lake , watch tree tops, full moons are great in woods . Do not wear sun glasses if in day .
But the best I ever saw was looking at a textured cieling with lights down sorta low . Waves and colors were quite wonderful , then try tracers... if you smoke , cigs or blunts , hell incense works too . Clear area , we dont want fires (real bummer!) , light up , turn off light , slowly move cherry in darkness , make patterns , speed it up , do it to music , in front of mirror if possible , can be quite fun , just be carefull not to set a fire .
Some visuals are learned , I think , but real good "doomies" is a must .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: tripndicular]
    #842772 - 08/25/02 08:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OF COURSE I AM NOT RECOMMENDING YOU EAT MASS QUANTITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am the maniacal type who seeks devine intervention when I trip though .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinedadegrind
tallywacker
Loc: Vancouver, BC!!
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: tripndicular]
    #843085 - 08/25/02 10:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

m

--------------------
----------- why Drink & Drive, When You Can Take Drugs & Fly Home

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: BleaK]
    #843776 - 08/26/02 09:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineShockey
#shrooms

Loc: Utah
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: ]
    #845445 - 08/26/02 10:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think alot of visuals has to do with, your imagination. If your just sitting there waiting for shit to happen. It really dosent happen, I have a very fond imagination so when i sit there with a good 3.5-4 grams in my stomach im going nuts with closed and some open eye visuals. You really dont see ALL that much open eye visuals on mushrooms. unless there are things to help it along.

For instance. The first Time i triped, I was in a hipies house. when we got there i thought we went through a little willow covering. and into there little hobbit house. See thats insane. thats more visuals just how you see the wolrd, and hwo you look at it, If you expect everything to come at you. its not likly with shrooms i dont think. Thats my 2 cents.

--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

OfflineSixStringSamurai
Wanderer
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: Shockey]
    #877744 - 09/11/02 12:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This is all very foreign to me, i've never considered myself very susceptible to psilocybin but when i eat 3-4 grams i always have very vivid very obvious visuals. i couldn't avoid them if i wanted to, theyr'e everywhere and i love them. my closed eyes are always very vivid too, it's like stepping into a world with the lights dimmed. as far as increasing visuals goes though, the longer i stare at something and the more physical the music (music that you can feel, hard to explain but some will understand) the harder i trip. some music i can recommend for an effect like this is the song Treefingers by Radiohead, and the Clockwork Orange theme, both very physical and very pwerful in terms of intensifying visuals at least in my experience. hope that helps at all

--------------------
"It'd probably cost more to own, but I don't like to rent either, and I certainly don't like to rent-to-own, but I don't think that applies in the case of child support."

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: 30.249232, -97.749560
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: SixStringSamurai]
    #878537 - 09/11/02 05:37 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

1.) Go to a fabrics store and buy several yards of predominantly black fabric with cool flourescent designs on it.
2.) Buy one 4 foot black light or several 18 inch or 14 inch black lights.
3.) Take the fabric into your room and cover all the walls in your room with it.
Use a stapler to do this. They make very small holes that can be easily concealable when your parents freak out and tell you to take it all down.
Since the fabric comes in any width and only four foot heights, it makes sense to hang it from left to right.
4.) Buy a large floor standing fan, or, use your ceiling fan to circulate air around the room.
5.) Take 3 grams and breath along with your walls.

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

Offlinef0EtUS
Always Thirsty
Loc: maryland, USA
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: ricyjo]
    #878565 - 09/11/02 05:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

When I started shrooming i almost never saw visuals... back then nice pot really could throw it into high gear some times. Nowadays i get them all the time... =\
I recommend closing your eyes and not thinking about it... imo closed eye visuals are much better than open eye. Open eye you see things change shape and color and stuff. Closed eye you can see freaky robots made out of human tongues and completely bizzare shit if you take a healthy dose... unlike the other replies i recommend taking a good dose... 5-6 grams. You may end up sobbing like a baby and going completely nuts, but it will be a cool trip and you should be prepared for that sort of thing if youre already getting into tripping.

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: f0EtUS]
    #879629 - 09/12/02 04:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Visuals are a funny thing.

I've noticed more visuals with LSD than with shrooms, though others have claimed the opposite.

With LSD, the visuals are usually your first real sign that something is happening, aside from feeling restless.

With shrooms I find that I have an uneasy sort of uncomfortable feeling first, then visuals later.

I've also noticed that the more often I do shrooms/LSD, the less intense the visuals seem to be.

I've also found that to get good visuals, you have to be able to concentrate on them without distraction. Distraction from someone else or just moving around too much, or watching TV tends to take away from it.

Stuff that makes you take a second glance when you are straight will have the strongest effect on you when you are tripping.

Check out things with abstract patterns (wood grain, marble) clouds, tire marks on the road, carpet, fur, etc.

Check out flowers, weeds, trees, pavement, dirt, gravel, stains, pencil sharpenings, garbage, debris, coffee grinds, tea leaves, fractal pictures, wall paper, your jeans, freckles, etc.

What you need to do is sit still and stare at something for a while. It can take some concentration to let the visuals flow.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: How do i enhance visuals? [Re: Tempanensis]
    #880487 - 09/12/02 01:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Shit man, you're dead on! Everytime I've tripped at home and watched vids, I've noticed that visuals are pretty low key and hardly noticable. Only once have I had visuals of the guys face wobbling on the TV. Also, when I walk home, visuals tend to lessen as well. But if I stop and stare at something, it all starts up again.
Next week I'm going to try something on my trip.  When I take my tab, I'm going to put on Aenema, lie down on my bed, and close my eyes for the entire album and by then the acid should have kicked in. THEN I'll open my eyes for the first time at the end of Third Eye. Hopefully visuals should be a bit stronger. Who knows. :smirk: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Incense, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports