Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: My new microscope. [Re: matits]
    #8386522 - 05/10/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I got it from the same guy you did.

I know what you mean about crazy scopes. I work with almost every microscope but an electron microscope.

Here is some fluorescence microscopy that we did:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest USA
Re: My new microscope. [Re: Gumby]
    #8387140 - 05/10/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What line of work are you in? Right now I am the janitor, but I am hoping to move up quick.

I went to college for computer networking, but my body if fucked up so I am borderlined disabled. I will be glad when I am. That way I don't have to destroy myself to make ends meet. Maybe then I can live a half assed normal life.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

My favorite NSFW shirt company I buy a ton of shirts from.
http://tiny.cc/myfavshirtsite

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#8387166 - 05/10/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm actually in college right now. I'm interning at a research lab.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8387406 - 05/10/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Nice. That kicks ass.

Does anyone know where I would go about looking into getting a trinocular deal to replace the binoculars? I was thinking you can buy one to upgrade it later. That way now I can view with both eyepieces and then later when I can afford it, I can get a trinoc so I can view with both while being able to take photos or movies with my digital camera.

Speaking of which. How do I hook my Canon Powershot IS S3 camera. I have seen things that look like clamps that mechanically hooks the lens to the monocular. I don't know how I feel about that. Anyone know of what I am looking for? Are they safe for the camera, no scratches or stress on the camera...etc.?

Thanks.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

InvisibleTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Loc: Temple
    #8388837 - 05/11/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

My lab has a microscope with built in digital imaging so im not a hundred percent sure but I know my microscope came with an triocular attachment that you lock the base lens into and then ur ready to go, sorry for not being too much of help.

--------------------

You will be missed

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new microscope. [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #8395109 - 05/13/08 12:15 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Just got an email from the guys stating they were shipping my scope right away. I got a confirmation email with the tracking. It is still too fresh to see any progress.

So I emailed them back asking about how much it would be to upgrade the binoc to a tri and I also inquired about the fitting for my camera. The Canon Powershot Is S3. he said the manufacturer is in the process of making them and told me to email them back in a month and see if it is ready. They said that the tri upgrade would only be 30 bucks.

Holy shit. only 30 bucks? That kicks ass. I can't wait. I will be taking pictures in no time. I can't wait till this bad puppy shows up on my doorstep.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8396248 - 05/13/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Muhahaha... I secretly bid on the exact same microscope you bought the instant I read this thread. Didn't say anything because I didn't want anyone from here to outbid me :smile:

Woot! I'm excited :rockon:

How much you get yours for if I may ask? Hey. I talked to the guys who sold these to us, mine shipped out early this morning. They said that a trinoc upgrade would be 30 dollars. Not sure if that is sending back the binoc top or not. Haven't got back  from them yet. They said that I could send the binoc top back to them if it is taken care of. So I don't know what that means? I hope it is 30 bucks without sending the other in, then I get something back for the other....but that doesn't seem plausible. Too good to be true, like Bush's economic stimuli pack. OH WAIT IT IS! That is another story though.  IMHO politicians on their way out should play nice and bow out. YOUR TIME IS DRAWING NIE OLD MAN. TAKE A BOW. No bogus money back in your pocket plan will sway the stench left in your wake. Your whole rein over Amerika will not be forgotten or forgiven. You have destroyed our county and killed our boys.

The foul stench of thousands of dead, rotting corpses can be sensed around the world. The blood is on your hands. You economic stimuli package is another way to play "coliseum". WAR WAR WAR, look at the monkey, look at the monkey. Here is "FREE"*** money.

*** - Tons of restrictions apply, see sight for details. Your government does love you, even if it is only slightly. Down with hope, down with dope.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#8396701 - 05/13/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I got mine for 172. 201 shipped. Apparently mine shipped already too. w00t! I'll have to check into the trinoc thing, that would be bad ass.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8396723 - 05/13/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

damn. I thought you said you got a little better deal. But you got a hell of a better deal. Mine was good. but you got yours shipped to you cheaper than I won the bid on mine. Nicely done sir, nicely done indeed.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new microscope. ** UPDATE ** [Re: matits]
    #8398373 - 05/13/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So here is the newest update on the pricing for anyone out there with this or a similar microscope and are thinking or wondering about upgrading to a trinocular  and also connecting a camera that you already have to the microscope.

Here is the email that I just received from the company that Gumby and recently purchased our new babbies from.

Hi GARY VAYNERCHUK,

A trinocular head will cost you $80 if you want to keep the binocular head. I don't think it's a good idea since you can't use both at the same time. The advantages of having a third vertical eyetube are: 1) you may use the third port to hook a digital camera (either the special USB cameras we are selling or your own digital camera with specific adapters) while you are viewing through the eyepieces with your eyes. It means that you may do both at the same time. 2) Your camera has a steady connection with vertical tube.

You may use your binocular head to attach the camera on one of the eyetubes. This is recommended for occasional use of the camera. The inclined eyetube is ok for the camera but not as good as the vertical one for the safety reasons (it's easy to fall if your camera has some weight). And the tight position doesn't even allow you to use one eye to view if the other one is attached a camera.

To use your S3 IS, you need two adapters. One is the special adapter for microscope and another lens adapter with a thread (52mm or 58mm? I don't know exactly, check your manual, Canon OEM or compatible ones) if you don't have one currently. The adapter for the microscope would have a thread to hook on the thread of the camera lens adapter. You may find the camera lens adapter on eBay. The microscope adapter for your camera S3 IS with 7x lens (not included the camera lens adapter) will be $60-$80 . I ordered some for S5 IS, not sure if it's compatible with S3 IS. Others are selling more than $200 online). Your zoom lens will be functioning on the top of the adapter.

The other option is to purchase a USB camera. It's simple to connect and it comes with measurement software. You may choose from here:
http://stores.ebay.com/MicroscopeNet_Microscope-Accessories_CCD-Video-Cameras_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ5441285QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Thanks,
Shiliang
microscopenet.com

** Names and places have been modified to protect the "Innocent" and to protect the world from possible infectious waste.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8398479 - 05/13/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, I'm gonna check out the stars later...it's really trippy! Especially on weed, man...

I've always wanted a dissection microscope. I always thought those would be the coolest trip toys, and fun otherwise. Just snag a little clump of moss...tons of shit to look at.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new microscope. ** UPDATE ** [Re: circularvortex]
    #8400964 - 05/14/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yo gumby, does your tracking number work? Mine still isn't. It didn't show up today, so I am assuming it will come tomorrow. Who knows"

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#8401358 - 05/14/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

He never sent an actual tracking number. The shipment notification just had the ebay item number. I emailed him for a tracking number, mine should arrive at my parents house tomorrow. I get to my parents house tomorrow night. w00t w00t!

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new microscope. ** UPDATE ** [Re: Gumby]
    #8402179 - 05/14/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Nice. I should get mine tomorrow. I have a job interview at 2. So I may or may not be here tomorrow. :frown: It is a 200 dollar item. I hope the fedSex guy leaves it. But then again. Most of my stuff comes UPS and he is really good about leaving things if at all possible. but sometimes if the item is over a certain amount of money they HAVE to get a signature. Sometimes it is just up to the courier of the day. Mine usually leaves it but not always.

I guess I will post a new thread for this....but.... I pretty much am going to have to go on disability. The doc put me on a 20lb weight restriction... :frown:    So today my work called and said there isn't a whole lot that I can do there anymore. Which is BS since I don't lift stuff that is that heavy anyways. It is just a way for them to get rid of a liability. I should make them weigh everything to see how heavy it actually is. They want to fuck me, I will fuck with them.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #8402190 - 05/14/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

They want to fuck me, I will fuck with them.

:headbanger:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new microscope. ** UPDATE ** [Re: niteowl]
    #8406529 - 05/15/08 07:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yo Gumby! Did you get yours? Mine will come tomorrow. Mine is holed up somehwhere around Kansas City. I was thinking about raiding the UPS facility and doing reconnaissance to free my little baby from the couriers hands. But then I decided that it wouldn't pan out. Too much security.

Hey I have a mind fuck for you. Ever seen the Arrow in the FedEx label. Like on the side of their truck.

I used to be on a delivery truck and a guy once told me that there is one. I couldn't find it for the longest time. one time we were stopped behind a fedex truck waiting to get into the Joplin Lowes. Which is garded by a gate that has to be buzzed to have them come out. Then they have to unlock it. Lock it back. Then let the other people out....nevermind. It is a pain in the ass, just take my word for it. So we were sitting behind him waiting. And finally the driver was like woa. There it is.

If you can't find it, I will post a hint.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8409344 - 05/16/08 12:40 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I GOT MINE TODAY! WOOT. :rockon: :headbanger: :dancing:

Everyone back to the gay pile...  :dogpile:

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#8409626 - 05/16/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

matits said:

Quote:

Don't make the same mistake as everyone else does and use the included mountant (smells like pine trees) as immersion oil. The stuff they include with a scope is for putting under the slide, not on top!

What do you mean here. What is wrong with the mountant, what should I get instead? And why do I not use it. Is there a different formulation that works better for what WE do? Where is the stuff they give you supposed to go. I am a little confused I guess.

The stuff that is included with the scope is not immersion oil, its more like turpentine. It will get on your lenses and make the image fuzzy.

Get some regular microscope immersion oil on ebay.

I brought my scope to the santa cruz fungus fair this year to look at all the samples. I forgot immersion oil and used pure ethanol instead, worked great.

Quote:

So a typical slide is a glass layer, with the standard slide being just a flat sheet of glass. Then you can/should put the specimen shield, which is a piece that is a smaller square of flat glass to mount the specimen. Usually that preserves the slide better. So I guess I don't get what you mean by under the slide. I am glad you said something because I would have put it on top of the ol' slide and gone to town on it. But if you don't use it like a normal slide would be setup... then I would have messed something up super badly.

To use the immersion oil lens you are really supposed to have immersion oil on top of the slide and underneath it, then you use the little knob under the stage to bring the condenser up so it is almost touching the bottom of the slide, and the airgap is bridged with oil. Its not really necessary to put the oil under the slide but I guess that gives you the sharpest image. Dont keep the condenser up too high or it will scratch on the bottom of the slide. Read the microscope manual and PM me if you have any questions.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new microscope. [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8411470 - 05/16/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Cool. Thanks buddy.

I consulted the lab god. Or that is what we call him anyways. he is a really kick ass dude who is still going to school and works nights and weekends in the lab. He is good at what he does. He is full of shit and we give each other shit all the time. I hadn't seen him for a while so he was excited to see me. So we bullshitted a little bit. I told him about the microscope and he said that he has never smelt the oil really. He had some on his fingers and said, nope it smells like oil to me.

He said he didn't know anything about a pine sol smelling stuff. That is kinda what mine smells like, and yeah it is the turpentine smell.

Sorry lost my train of though. My dog just launched yellow foam on my carpet. Asshole. That is a fine welcome home present from work.

He said that he wasn't sure what the hell that stuff was. I asked him what to use to clean the objectives out with. When mine were shipped. Something was on the inside. Dust like stuff. He said that you can use alcohol to clean it to get the gunk up. Then dry it out quick. Not to let it set there for any time at all or you can muff up the seal (of course he is working with the new Nikon 9 million DLX).

He was like. hold on I will get you some peices of lens paper. Then he left and went to the lab. He came back and HOOKED IT UP. It was on the hush hush. Maybe a BOX of slides, and a thing of slide covers. Maybe that is. Also maybe 3 books of the lens papers. He said that should get you started and when you need more let me know.

See. He truly is the LAB GOD!

HE said that there are 1000 different companies that put out immersion oil and he said their are about that many different kinds. Some are designed for certain scopes. He said they had a ton of oil left over from the old scope. But they had to buy new for the new nikon. They still use the old micro for a backup.

He may or may not have threw in a BD brand slide that is pre-prepared. It has Gram + and Gram - bacteria on it stained and set. Professionally done and packaged. Very awesome.

Well this wrecked body is out. I am going to pass out for a while. Then On to the scope!

I was able to hold my camera to the eye piece and snap a photo with decent success .

Peace out shroomites!

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals