Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Overcoming social anxiety
    #838814 - 08/23/02 05:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

anyone got it bad?
or overcome it?
what are your views on it?

it feels like your missing something that everyone else has..
maybe that has something to do with a childhood event... i dunno
and somehow by allowing myself to overcome it i feel like im leaving a part of me behind.. like a part of my soul..
like i feel unnatural.. or something..
i guess thats the viscious cycle im hearing about..?
my brains playing cruel tricks on me..
too often i feel like i dont know what is right and wrong.. and where i belong in my current time and space, or have a biblical sense that im doing something wrong.. like i feel like untrue morals are contradicting what my heart really feels like doing..

somethin like that
im baked
any input?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroom666
Dude

Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: Grav]
    #838828 - 08/23/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Me got it bad.
It started along with E and MG seeds in my case. I have HPPD which is nothing to me. Social anxiety is bad though in my views and i suffer from it dreadfully. Some times i think it is me but other times everyone else. Lost good mates over silly shit aswell, i dont know, drugs these days. I just wish that i could be right inside an amazon jungle snorting snuff with some indian chief sometimes.
Peace.

--------------------
"They all float down here....they all float!!"
"Life is not an act, midgets are real fun"
"What you feel, it might not be"

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #838837 - 08/23/02 05:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: World Spirit]
    #839321 - 08/23/02 08:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

but they do feel totally right and like "the real me" when i do them.. and as i act out on my obscured feelings more and more im starting to feel all-around better (that and im on medication)

its such a mindfuck though
all these bogus negative social classifications and systems that ive made up in my head because of when i felt extremely alienated from peers in the past.. its all total bullshit, yet it continues to haunt me and warp my whole world in the matter of an hour...
it feels so wrong and im trying to put my mind in a state of "letting things go" when it happens..

in the past i used to desperately search in my brain for a 'formula' if you will, of how things worked, or how all people thought and how i fit in, like a puzzle or something.. trying to cling on to an illusion.. thats totally the wrong thing to do, though
you have to just let go and your there... but its the hardest thing sometimes

i know the pieces fit

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: World Spirit]
    #839373 - 08/23/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Great post enter.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: Xlea321]
    #839510 - 08/23/02 10:35 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

never feel ashamed... after all, its your first time living

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #839640 - 08/24/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlineshroom666
Dude

#839657 - 08/24/02 02:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Do you mean that you feel uncomfortable socially in any form or just certain forms?
If any are the case then just do what i do, Think to yourself that this is your world, your life, no one can fuck with your life so if someone gives you shit or starts somet give them worse until your smacking there fucking head on the pavement (AHHHHH hu hu)
Works for me. Get on with your shit in life and your thinking.
Then again i guess i am a nutter.

--------------------
"They all float down here....they all float!!"
"Life is not an act, midgets are real fun"
"What you feel, it might not be"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #839659 - 08/24/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I suggest giving up pot for a while if you are regular smoker to see if that helps. Beyond that it is practice, practice, practice. Stretch yourself. Set up an exercise to meet one new person per day. Face your fears and they will evaporate. Hide from them and they will grow.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisible420Girl
SmokerExtraordinaire

Loc: The Big South
Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: Swami]
    #839665 - 08/24/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

On the contrary, I suffer from General Anxiety Disorder. I don't have social anxieties. I have life anxieties. I'm a worrier, basically. I have been on Effexor, Paxil and Klonopin for it. The cure for me? Marijuana. It allows me the ability to relax, when I otherwise can't. Plus, it helps me get my appetite back. Because of my anxiety, I have acid reflux, and a lot of times I just can't eat. So after I started smoking marijuana every day, I got to where I needed those pharmaceutical medications less and less. Marijuana is a whole lot easier on your liver than those drugs are. And, it's actually much cheaper!

I started noticing an increase in my panic attacks, because I was rolling every single weekend, and it was fucking with my already unstable seretonin levels. So after I backed off and regrouped and decided how I needed to treat myself to get better, I did my research and chose marijuana.

But also, it wasn't until after I tried ecstasy that I was able to open up and come to terms with a lot of things that were causing me anxiety. Then, I was able to dispel most of it and get on with my life. Everyone has self-doubt. Everyone wonders if they are normal compared to everyone else. But, who's to say what true "normal" is? The majority is not always right.

Another thing, I was up at 6am on a Sunday after an intense night of rolling. I was flipping through the channels trying to come down, and I stopped on one of those televised church services. I paused for a moment to catch the topic (I am a very strong Christian), and it was about worrying. The preacher said, "Worrying is a sin. It shows a lack of faith in God." So from then on, anytime I would start to worry or panic, I would remind myself that I need to rely on my faith and immediately the anxiety would disappear. So, it all ties in together......and life is the same exact way. It just all ties in together coming from different places. Life is hard, but it is harmonious.

--------------------

Fuck this......let's go smoke a bowl.

"Weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed."  --Freewheelin' Franklin

"Life is not all....flowers and sausages!"

I <heart> Joe!

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #839742 - 08/24/02 03:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I know I shouldn't rely on drugs to help with SAD, but ephedrine pills(you can buy them at any convienence store) or better yet speed are good for that. Of course alcohol doesn't hurt. Meditation is good. I don't know.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (07/18/10 07:42 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: Learyfan]
    #839751 - 08/24/02 03:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: Swami]
    #839784 - 08/24/02 04:18 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I suggest giving up pot for a while if you are regular smoker to see if that helps. Beyond that it is practice, practice, practice. Stretch yourself. Set up an exercise to meet one new person per day. Face your fears and they will evaporate. Hide from them and they will grow.

This is very sound advice. I am a high introvert and despise people in general and groups of people in particular. Let me explain this. I like people individually but people as an overall entity make me sick. Groups of people are panicky, have a mob mentality, and are dangerous. One of the hats I wear is that of an analyst/consultant. In that occupation I have to attend group functions and mix with all sorts of people. At first I was very shy and did not mix very well but I found, over time, that continuing to attend the events and mixing with people has left me adept at it. It did not happen over night but I do not have near the social anxiety that I once did.

As Swami said, "Stretch yourself."

Good luck.

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#843219 - 08/25/02 11:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes I'm okay, but lots of times I get it really really bad... I was actually going to make a post about this, but it looks like you beat me to it.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #843348 - 08/26/02 01:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry too much about it. Like Jung said, all of his most important experiences were to do with exploration of his inner self.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#843622 - 08/26/02 06:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yea
What are all your views on anti-depressant/social anxiety medication?
i was on it for awhile then for some reason i felt wrong by taking it and got off it and got really messed up in the head
im back on it now and feeling open-mindedly stable for perhaps the first time in my life..

Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
    #843866 - 08/26/02 08:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've always had a hard time accepting anti-depressant and anxiety medications as a valid solution to one's problems. It seems to me that these medications serve only to mask the underlying subconscious issues that are creating these emotional difficulties. By masking these issues, you are simply giving them more strengh, and when you stop taking these meds...BAM! It's suddenly many times worse than it was before you went on the medication. I've been told that anxiety/depression is a result of chemical imbalances, but I've always believed that all emotions, negative and positive, are a result of fluctuations in one's neurochemistry. I've never been on depression/anxiety medication myself, but I don't consider continuous drug use (legal or illegal) to be an appropriate solution to one's problems. To me, these meds are just another example of societies need for a quick fix and easy money.

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #844000 - 08/26/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've always found mushrooms to have a powerful long-term anti-depressant effect but if you need other things then by all means use them.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #844059 - 08/26/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms are the answer to a lot of things.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Overcoming social anxiety [Re: Murex]
    #844143 - 08/26/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Very very true. Psycedelics are PROOF OF GOD in my opinon!!!!!!

I too have had a bad childhood. The bitch knew that i could get her for physical abuse so she TORTURED ME MENTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

I listen to the inner god! So far its help me! (with mushrooms its a easy way of activatiing the inner god)

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom