Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Potency [Re: thashaman]
    #8391299 - 05/12/08 12:42 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, they are cubesis, and I grew tham on PF cakes as I dont have a PC yet, so anything else is out of the question at this time.
So if im growing on cakes will all my shrooms be weak like these?
I certainly hope not, that seems like a waste of time and money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: Potency [Re: creekfreek]
    #8391328 - 05/12/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

No no genetics are as important as substrate, that is why i say 50/50. I have seen many cases where they were grown with high nitrogen substrate and mushroom potency was low.

With multi spore innoculations your really rolling dice as far as potency. This is a well recognized fact amongs many veterans in the hobby.

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Potency [Re: Akira]
    #8391335 - 05/12/08 12:59 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

So its basically a crapshoot with a multispore inoculation?
And with that being said, then I still have a chance of getting better potency on the newer cakes I have going?
I just need to get a PC and do this shit the right way.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Potency [Re: Akira]
    #8391337 - 05/12/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Akira said:
No no genetics are as important as substrate, that is why i say 50/50. I have seen many cases where they were grown with high nitrogen substrate and mushroom potency was low.

With multi spore innoculations your really rolling dice as far as potency. This is a well recognized fact amongs many veterans in the hobby.

I say multi spore has alot to do with it....

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Potency [Re: Brainiac]
    #8391462 - 05/12/08 01:52 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

1. Substrate: What substrate are you growing on? Different substrates have different amounts of free nitrogen available for biosynthesis of psilocybin. In other words, if you grew on brown rice flower, then don't expect stellar potentcy. If you grew on grains/rye/popcorn or wild bird seed, expect a little more potency, and if you spawned to horse poo expect maximal potency. I use Alien's Substrate because I have had good results with the potency. (It has a lot of free nitrogen).

It's not proven that substrate has anything to do with potency at all.

You can get extremely powerful fruits from cakes, just as you can get them from any other substrate.
Neither me, nor anyone around ever could tell weather the consumed fruits came from a cake or from any kind of casing.

So as long as it isn't proven we shouldn't state this as a fact.

Let's stick to what we -at least can think- is fact.

The biggest role in potency probably plays the genetics of the phenotype you've grown.
This is more or less a logical conclusion from the fact, that you sometimes cultivate mushrooms that seem to be super powerful, while the next tray, made from the same substrate and the same syringe, doesn't "work" at all.
Sometimes, later flushes appear to be useless, sometimes, they appear to be way more potent than the first flushes.

As long as you do MS inoculation, you can handle it just like Forrest Gump's mother did:
"Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get."

Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: Potency [Re: thashaman]
    #8391554 - 05/12/08 02:48 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It's multi spore so their is no way of setting a mark on potency. You want consistancy in potency fuck with isolates heh.

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Potency [Re: dumbfounded1600]
    #8391654 - 05/12/08 04:16 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

IMHE, every MS, WBS spawned to poo that I have had the pleasure of experiencing has kicked my ass with fairly low doses. I wont even eat half of an eighth of these bad boys...:slomo:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom