Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana
    #8377559 - 05/08/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

link

A Madison teen was charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana on Wednesday, despite initial pleas from the victim's father that he not be charged for the traffic death of his 17-year-old daughter.

John H. Harrison Jr., 17, also was charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle for the Jan. 10 death of his girlfriend, Courtney A.M. Kuenzi-Kessenich, allegedly by driving under the influence of marijuana.

Both charges are felonies. The maximum penalty for each is 25 years in prison and extended supervision.

Just days after the crash on Highway 14 in the town of Cross Plains, the girl's father told the State Journal it would be a "tragic mistake" for authorities to charge Harrison with causing his daughter's death.

"It was just a tragic crash," Gary Kessenich said. Kessenich could not be reached for comment on Wednesday.

Harrison was also charged with causing death by driving with a revoked license and with second-offense driving after revocation. Both are misdemeanors.

Harrison appeared in Dane County Circuit Court Wednesday morning where bail was set at $4,000 but immediately changed to a signature bond because he had been accepted into the court's Bail Monitoring Program. He will return to court on June 2.

Assistant District Attorney Mike Verveer argued for cash bail because Harrison has a long juvenile history, including a recent stay at Ethan Allen School in Wales, and already has an adult misdemeanor conviction for possession of marijuana. Verveer also asked that Harrison have no contact with Kuenzi-Kessenich's family, but a sister of the victim, who was sitting with Harrison's family, objected to that proposal. Court Commissioner Todd Meurer did not order it.

According to a criminal complaint, sheriff's deputies responded to the crash about 10:30 p.m. and found that a Ford Taurus driven by Harrison had collided with a Ford Edge SUV driven by Susan Vondra, 49, of Mazomanie. The complaint states Vondra told police she was eastbound on Highway 14 when the westbound Taurus crossed the center line and hit her SUV.

Harrison, who was initially pinned in the car, told a deputy he had smoked marijuana earlier in the day, the complaint states. Kuenzi-Kessenich was pronounced dead at the scene. Vondra suffered scrapes and bruises.

Kessenich told the State Journal after the crash that a hospital toxicology report found no alcohol or drugs in Harrison's system after the crash. But a blood analysis completed in March by the state Crime Laboratory found quantities of the active ingredient of marijuana in Harrison's blood. No alcohol was found.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePreyToGod
peace.pot.microdot.
Male

Loc: truckin,,,
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8378160 - 05/08/08 03:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Kid could end up really fucked.

--------------------
"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves... By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude." Huxuly
the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

just because we all see the:greenshroom:
doesn't mean we all see the same
:mushroom2:

I pushed my fingers through the earth, returned this flower to the dirt. so it could live, I walked away now. But I know... Not a day goes by when I don't feel this burn. There's a point we pass from which we can't return. I've felt the cold rain of the coming storm
None but ourselves can free our minds.”

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: PreyToGod]
    #8378329 - 05/08/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

fucking homicid wtf arnt most drunk drivers who kill someone given a dui and manslaughter charges? its never acceptable to drive impaired and risking another persons life but this kid is probably getting a higher charge simply because he was using the "devils weed".

--------------------

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: kintos]
    #8378382 - 05/08/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

the kid was 17 and i'm sure he is a new driver. i bet he would have done the same thing if he was sober.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: Groomies]
    #8378495 - 05/08/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Groomies said:
the kid was 17 and i'm sure he is a new driver. i bet he would have done the same thing if he was sober.

ya very true

--------------------

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: Coaster]
    #8378549 - 05/08/08 05:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

sooo how do they know he was high when they crashed?

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #8378563 - 05/08/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

cuz he addmitted he smoked earlier that day
meaning hes impaired all day long to them

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: Coaster]
    #8378861 - 05/08/08 06:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The father does sound cool

OfflineMantrippinonX
Ballin' Status
Male User Gallery

Loc: Africa
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: johnm214]
    #8379051 - 05/08/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

smoked earlier that day? who's to say he was still high? accidents do happen

--------------------
"Shit get on my level you can't get on my level You would need a spaceshuttle or a ladder that's forever"

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
Re: Madison teen charged with homicide by driving under the influence of marijuana [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8391050 - 05/11/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I went to ethan allen in wales, that place is rough. Well now that he's 17 he will end up in a real prison. I had a friend's brother die in a crash, ended up fucking the kid's sister who killed my friend's brother. He's in prison for another like 5 years.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: motaman, veggie, Alan Rockefeller, Mostly_Harmless
1,896 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.