Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheretician
Ü
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
My grow plan.
    #8380408 - 05/09/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

So, I figured *before* everything for Mycoinizing gets here, i would post a pre-grow log (:P) and figure out if everything I am planning to do will work.

First of all, I bought a B+ Syringe from Ralphsters, then I bought 6 Quarters of Peat/Verm casing, along with a 1 Pound WBS MycoBag. I also bought 1 Gallon of Perlite off of eBay.

If you noticed, I only bought enough for a single try at cultivation; this is because I want to see if I can actually do it before I even a good amount of money into it :smile:

So tomorrow i'll be buying a tub and some aluminum foil lasagna trays.. And hopefully everything I bought online will be here before the end of next week.

Here is what I am planning to do:

1.)
Completely sterilize a closet in a bedroom of my house

2.)
Make a tub, probably just drilling several holes all around the tub, but I might make a monotub if I can find some polyfil in town. I am also planning to put some type of clear plastic over the tub, and then put the lid over the tub so I can view my cultivation without having to expose it to any more indoory-ness

3.)
inoculate the MycoBag, place inside of the tub with the closet door and tub door closed. Optionally(if too much light still gets through) I will throw a blanket over the tub

4.)
After the MycoBag is completely colonized, I plan on crumbling it up inside of the bag, and then creating my lasagna pan casing :smile:

5.)
So for the lasagna pan (I will use 2 lasagna pans if it is enough WBS/Casing substrate), I am planning on first putting a thin layer of casing substrate at the bottom of the pan, then putting my colonized WBS over the bottom casing substrate layer, and then a thicker layer of casing substrate over the colonized WBS.

6.)
At this point, I will fill the tub with wet perlite. I am positive I will have to use the entire gallon. Move the tub to somewhere it can gain indirect light. Then I will place the lasagna pan(s) inside of the tub, close. Wait. harvest.

SOoo how does this sound? My one question is, do I have enough of all of my materials? Mainly enough perlite? If not, I guess I could use a smaller tub, instead of a rubbermaid i plan to buy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineheretician
Ü
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My grow plan. [Re: heretician]
    #8382238 - 05/09/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Bump. Guess I posted this wayyy too late to get any replies :P

Offlineheretician
Ü
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8384184 - 05/10/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

oh well.. still no replies

TKS 4 TEH HEPL GAIZ!

Offlinebwoy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Granada, Andalusia
    #8384270 - 05/10/08 02:46 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

in my experience hanging the bag off the rail in the closet works better. you say you are thinking of a monotub, so you must have access to bulk sub. go that route, for sure.

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
    #8384331 - 05/10/08 03:16 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

heretician said:

Quote:

2.)
Make a tub, probably just drilling several holes all around the tub, but I might make a monotub if I can find some polyfil in town. I am also planning to put some type of clear plastic over the tub, and then put the lid over the tub so I can view my cultivation without having to expose it to any more indoory-ness

this will become a pain in the ass every time you remove the lid to fan youll have to remove the plastic. its pretty easy to just cut a piece out of the lid and either glue or tape that plastic too it...

Quote:

3.)
inoculate the MycoBag, place inside of the tub with the closet door and tub door closed. Optionally(if too much light still gets through) I will throw a blanket over the tub

u dont need to place this inside your tub(FC)you can, like he ^ said, hang it on your hanger bar, or just keep it in the dark somewhere and let it colonize. you dont want light getting thru to it period

Quote:

4.)
After the MycoBag is completely colonized, I plan on crumbling it up inside of the bag, and then creating my lasagna pan casing :smile:

:thumbup:

Quote:

5.)
So for the lasagna pan (I will use 2 lasagna pans if it is enough WBS/Casing substrate), I am planning on first putting a thin layer of casing substrate at the bottom of the pan

not necessary

Quote:

then putting my colonized WBS over the bottom casing substrate layer, and then a thicker layer of casing substrate over the colonized WBS.

u dont want a thick casing layer. anywhere from 1/4"-1/2" is recommended

Quote:

6.)
At this point, I will fill the tub with wet perlite. I am positive I will have to use the entire gallon. Move the tub to somewhere it can gain indirect light. Then I will place the lasagna pan(s) inside of the tub, close. Wait. harvest.

a gallon of perlite is barely gonna put a layer across the bottom of a tub that size...its cheap. try and get more...if youre doing the Shotgun FC (thats the one with all the holes in every side, INCLUDING bottom and top) then youll want about 4" of damp perlite...

hope this helps

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Edited by just me (05/10/08 03:21 AM)

Offlineheretician
Ü
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My grow plan. [Re: just me]
    #8388986 - 05/11/08 12:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Hey,

Yeah that did help a lot just me.. Thanks :smile:

One question;

Would a gallon of perlite at very least do the job?

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#8389012 - 05/11/08 01:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

dude, what size is your tub?

i got mixed up with another thread where a guy was using a 73qt tub, and a gallon of perlite wouldnt do shit in there IMO

but seriously man, get more. go buy a big ass bag(maybe 2) from walmart, they cant be much more than $3

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlineheretician
Ü
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8389040 - 05/11/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I get ya.

What about a casing layer under the colonized WBS? I heard from quite a few people it only helps, not hurts.

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#8389071 - 05/11/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well ive heard both it help and hurts, i wouldnt know, but the thing is, its not necissary. just bake STRAIGHT verm in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes, let it cool in the oven and pour some in there...like i said ive never done this, so maybe its supposed to be moistened, but i wouldnt think so...but again, its just extra work.

what size is your tub? and are you going with the shotgun FC?

and do you have additives for your casing layer, like gypsum and hydrated lime?

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlineheretician
Ü
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8389099 - 05/11/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

what size is your tub? and are you going with the shotgun FC?

Dont know yet. Never did buy the tub :P Figured I aint even going to need it till next month, so I might just as well wait until I have a reason to go to wallyworld.

Yes i'm going with the shotgun FC.

Quote:

and do you have additives for your casing layer, like gypsum and hydrated lime?

Nah. I thought that also is not a requirement?

Offlineheretician
Ü
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My grow plan. [Re: bwoy]
    #8389100 - 05/11/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bwoy said:
in my experience hanging the bag off the rail in the closet works better. you say you are thinking of a monotub, so you must have access to bulk sub. go that route, for sure.

Btw yeah, that is what im going to do. Gotta buy me some clamps :smile:

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#8389124 - 05/11/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

hmmmm, if your going to wallysworld anyway, get some more perlite.

idk if they have lime and gypsum there, but you might as well ask, grap a ph test strip kit.

try and snag some coffee grounds from a local coffee house or use some of your own if you drink

just make sure that your FC, is big enough to fit your pans in and still leave plenty of room for humidity to wick off the perlite, and co2 exchange to take place...or how ever this shit workx. just make sure theres a decent amount of surface area of perlite left over.

and you really want enough perlite to fill 4" + in the bottom of the tub:thumbup:

GL man,

keep us posted

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck