Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS'
    #838886 - 08/23/02 07:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If you wish to move this admin, then that's fine.
I just thought Id raise a few issues regarding apparent busts that have been suggestedly linked to this site.
Firstly, from what I understand it would be hard for law enforcement to establish or discern your IP address without contacting one of the administrators of this site. Therefore the suggestion that addresses are being obtained from IP searchs of users of this site are unlikely factual.
Secondly, posting pictures or discussing illegal activities on this site does not incriminate a person unless ofcourse their personal address is obtainable and they are actually involved in these activities at their residential address and openly post that this is the case on this site. Again law enforcement would need to link their internet aka with their personal details.
Personally i find it hard to believe that a person who has been 'busted' for cultivation of illegal psychaoctive mushrooms because their internet activities have been being monitored, would go about describing in detail the facts surrounding his 'bust', further incriminate himself and then make derogatory comments about those law enforcement officers who are supposedly monitoring him.
It is obvious that these 'busts' if factual, may be related to addresses obtained from another individual in negotiations with law enforcement.
In all truth i think that law enforcement would not be concentrating on individuals conducting cultivation of a small amount of mushrooms for personal use, when their are vendors or people who are openly selling and supplying items obviously related to cultivation such as spore products and syringes on a bulk scale. It is these individuals that would more likely be of interest to law enforcement - especially as their activities could leave them open to a variety of 'conspiracy to cultivate' charges on a large scale...

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS' [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #838984 - 08/23/02 08:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Administrator

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #838991 - 08/23/02 08:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys. This is more appropriate for OTD or the security forum...

Thanks

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#839104 - 08/23/02 08:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with everything your saying BUT at the same time why would someone make up a story like that........ Post a few hundred posts and than say "I GOT BUSTED BE CAREFUL" and disappear I mean thats kinda unlogical to me.....
Of course the cops could have lied to him about who turned him in I mean maybe it was someone he knew......... On another note I HAVE seen other people post on overgrow with similar stories such as "the cops already knew I was growing pot and they monitor everything on here"......... Beats me I kinda doubt it.....

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS' [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #839112 - 08/23/02 08:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, but I'm locking this thread... This doesn't really have anything to do with cultivation.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS' [Re: matts]
    #839113 - 08/23/02 08:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

that could be as well if their was a guy on here posting pics of bulk grows and stuff like that doing trades...... especially if they mentioned they sold any.....

OnlinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS' [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #841578 - 08/25/02 03:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm moving this post to security forum where it belongs....

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #851292 - 08/29/02 02:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

killa420 has still been posting here so i find some things a little suspicious. he said he wouldnt be around because they took his computer but yet he still posts. in a more recent post of killa420, he/she is awaiting to be put on probation. why is killa420 avoiding this post or the others like it when he/she could tell us further info. on the situation?? just some questions?

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

Anonymous

Re: Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS' [Re: cantankerous]
    #851695 - 08/29/02 07:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Beatle?

Don't start accusations without proper evidence. Where Killa posts is no concern of ours.

And don't spread rumors like he doesn't have a computer! He said that the modem didn't work when the cops were there so they didn't see anything on his computer so they probably didn't take it.

Here is a quote from his thread:

"I might lurk around here every now and then but that will be probally very rare. "

He said he might lurk. Now doesn't that imply he still had the use of his computer?

Nowhere in the thread does he mention that the cops took it. Making statements like that only breed rumors. Get your facts straight before you post!

Sheesh

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Re: Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS' [Re: ]
    #852469 - 08/30/02 05:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

true, i went back and reread the post. my mistake. he did not say that they took the computer. i am suspicious as i have my right to be after reading his story. he changes it from one post to the next. i just encourage people to read that whole post and see the inconsistencies and decide for themselves. sorry for my error.

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

Anonymous

#852645 - 08/30/02 07:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

IP tracing is not difficult. For individuals or gov't agencies with the knowhow it is no big trouble to trace an IP. It is a little bit, although not much more, difficult to sniff traffic, but you don't need the permission of the Shroomery webmasters to get shroomery traffic. all you have to do is get the persons ISP to allow you to install Carnivore ..or whatever DCS2000 (politically correct name) they renamed it. with this software you can sniff email, instant messenger, and web traffic all day long.

also, i don't agree with some of you in this thread who seem to be making uneducated statements about legalities. unless you are a lawyer..or have close contact with a lawyer...you probably don't know what you are talking about. the law is changing all the time and it is a complex, interpretable, and intricate thing. you shouldn't spread rumors leading people to lax thier security based on your erroneous interpretation/reporting of the law.

Anonymous

#854106 - 08/30/02 11:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks beatle.

There are inconsistencies but they are more likely interpretational errors. The only way to clear them up would be to talk with Killa420 one on one. We do not have that option.

I don't think that him posting here right now is a good idea for anybody, himself included.

Cheers,

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Recent apparent cultivation 'BUSTS' [Re: ]
    #854156 - 08/31/02 12:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Either way, law enforcement would never refer to mushrooms as 'narcotics.'

--------------------

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #854160 - 08/31/02 12:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Frankly I think that the days of people posting the cities that they live in/ trip reports and cultivation/vacation pics all in one thread are all over. (anyone really surprised?)

Shit has changed much here in just the last year.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion