Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Slender Leaved Ice Plant
    #8384855 - 05/10/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

(Mesembryanthemum nodiflorum)

After a bunch of inconclusive research, i decided to say fuck it and try it. Not much info on it, so i thought i'd contribute a little. Just got back from smoking it outside.

Walked up to the top of a large hill, takes about 10 min to get there. Smoked two large bowls of powdered material of undetermined weight. Cashed the bowl in 1 hit each time. It's got relatively smooth smoke (moreso than tobacco, less than cannabis if i had to guess), and has a slightly sweet after taste. Kind of a rich smoky flavor too. Nothing amazing, but not horrible at the same time. I had just woken up on the way up, and felt pretty subdued. After my first bowl, i noticed a little bit of a boost in awareness, and a slight increase in the vividness of the green in the surrounding forest. I'd compare it to being in a pitch black room with a lantern where you can only see 10 or so feet in front of yourself, and increasing the strength of the lantern to be able to see a little farther. After the second bowl, i noticed an additional slight increase in the same.

The music i was listening to was rx bandits, it seemed to connect a little bit more, and be more interesting to listen to. Especially the wind instruments and drums. Walked back (10 min) and am still feeling some sort of effect i think. I would compare it to a slight cannabis high, without the cloudiness.

Entire thing a placebo effect? You decide. I'm not really sure. Either way, i noticed a boost in attention and morale.

Probably won't bother again in the future, but my curiosity is satisfied.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Slender Leaved Ice Plant [Re: anyone420]
    #8386538 - 05/10/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Should also add that i had a pounding headache since i posted that until about 20 minutes ago. I'm no stranger to them, due to a bunch of head injuries.. so i'm not sure if it is related to the ice plant but i figured it might be worth adding.

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Slender Leaved Ice Plant [Re: anyone420]
    #8388562 - 05/11/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well there was a fire drill at the ungodly hour of 5:00 in the morning today, so i figured rather than stand around like a moron in the parking lot with everyone else, i'd give it another try. Walked up to the same place, ~10 min away.

I noticed more or less the same results, which reinforces my guess that it does indeed have an effect, and not a placebo. I also feel the warning signs of a headache.. so it also reinforces that hypothesis.

Don't let the headaches dissuade you though, i'm extremely prone to them and almost anything can trigger one for me.

This will be the last of my experiments with the ice plant, because i'd rather smoke weed and not get a headache, plus i ran out. Hope the info helps someone out in the future.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules