Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexsparcs
Stranger
Experienced Help Needed - PLEASE
    #8381079 - 05/09/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

My question is sort of a long one but let me start:
I started with a liquid culture [using Honey] and the growth from the beginning was explosive. Im using Mazatapecs Cubensis strain. Incubated them for only 12 days before they were FULLY and I mean growing out the jars through the taped up 4 holes somehow. Crazy growth. Anyway I proceeded from here with a 24 hour dunk in the fridge [for cold shock too]. Then when removed I crumble all the half pint jars into a big bowl and had them into pretty small chunks / some more grounded. Then I took my box of recently unopened Solo styrofoam cups and I put the crumble colonized mycelium in here. While doing this I was pressure cooking my 50/50 peat moss/verm casing mix and added a bit of Hydrated Lime to lower the PH [The kind without any magnesium!] and then I had each cup placed into its own Quart bag. As to create an isolated mini terrarium for all 18 of my cups [that was the total that were filled with the crumbled colonized myc.

Then I let the casing mix cool down till it was usable and opened up the quart bags on all 18 and put a half inch layer of the 50/50 casing mix and put the bag back on them all and closed it up and stuck them into a 86ºF incubation chamber. After 2 days they are already barely poking through the casing layer with white myc. But like it said the whole OP so far has grown WAY more EXPLOSIVELY in time and just SWIFTLY overall using the liquid culture as an inoculate. So my question is from here what should I do? All the steps from here that you guys would take?

My concerns: Fresh air exchange when fruiting. Once I proceed from here and I do get fruits dont they need fresh oxygen like they arent getting inside there own quart bags? [I could open all the bags and put them into my fruiting chamber that has an Air Pump near the base with a HEPA Filter? Also was wondering would you go with 78 or 82 degrees or somewhere in between when fruiting? I know to lower it from incubation temps but was curious what would be optimal here? How much would you guys leave the light on for? also fannings? Mistings? Any input that I should follow to the T from here to see them healthy fruits?

P.S. Also just a side funny note I found a tiny piece of colonized myc I dropped when crumbling the half pint jars in the bowl. It remained on my buddys carpet for a day. Then we noticed it and put it into a 2 inch bag. The smallest plastic baggy you can get literally. And double ended it with the 50/50 mix in the bag to try it invitro and even the TINY centimeter size piece of colonized myc in the little baggy is growing a pinhead lol cuz I put it in my window seal away from the 18. Its already growing! that little tiny piece! lololol. Anyway hopefully you all can offer wonderful insight. I will be posting pictures soon. Thanks so much everyone!

Edited by xsparcs (05/09/08 09:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezero cool
I'm a bag kindaguy
Male

Re: Experienced Help Needed - Birth/Harvest Entails [Re: xsparcs]
    #8381136 - 05/09/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you could just open the bags once or twice a day for fae. i would go with a temp in the 70's for fruiting. you dont need much light. i fan twice a day and mist when needed.
have you ever read Hyphae's Pinning Strategy it really explains the amount of water needed while misting. check it out. it's what got me started on casings.

wat tek did you follow that said to use cups?

--------------------
git them mushrooms Mario! git em!

Offlinexsparcs
Stranger
Re: Experienced Help Needed - Birth/Harvest Entails [Re: zero cool]
    #8381172 - 05/09/08 09:50 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I followed http://www.shroomery.org/59/Mini-terrarium-casing-tek
and modified it when needed IMO. So just open the bag and thats it? Open the bag and fan with cardboard or open the bags and use the air pump idea? I think Id be okay with just open all the bags and taking a piece of cardboard to circulate air inside the FC. What you think? Also in your advice think Im going to yield some good fruits? I know you cant say for sure but your best guess. Think? The casing layer is 95% full of water but not dripping like supposed too. Just curious what your alls opinion is on it. Dropping the temp to 78 think that will work?

Offlinezero cool
I'm a bag kindaguy
Male

Re: Experienced Help Needed - Birth/Harvest Entails [Re: xsparcs]
    #8382536 - 05/09/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i would just open them once a day and fan them. you'll prolly yeild some small fruits, b/c of the small amount of substrate in each cup. but since you cased them you should harvest enough for you and some friends. has your casing layer turned white yet? is it taken over by mycelium yet?

--------------------
git them mushrooms Mario! git em!

Offlinexsparcs
Stranger
Re: Experienced Help Needed - Birth/Harvest Entails [Re: zero cool]
    #8386094 - 05/10/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

5 of them are pretty covered in white the others are slowly gettin there the temp is 72 right now humidity is 95%. 2 of them specifically look like they are covered in little hyph knots. im hoping. should i mist the walls of the tub or is it good? [i switched to monotub instead of tub on tub for the FC for better air exchange and i didnt need it really] also 12 hours of light or what do you think? i took them all out of their bags since i put 6 holes in the FC and stuffed with polyfill

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck