Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Comedy as a weapon for truth - Bill Hicks
    #838415 - 08/23/02 03:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth- I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry. Now, where's my commercial? Why don't I get a commercial? Why is it always that other guy that gets the commercial? " I knew we were in trouble with that damn egg commercial, that guy. I knew that was the government's take on drugs, we're fucked, you know. "Here's your brain." I've seen a lot of weird shit on drugs, I have never ever ever ever ever looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain, not once, all right? I have seen UFO's split the sky like a sheet, but I have never ever ever looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain, not once. I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never ever ever ever ever looked at an egg, and thought it was a fucking brain. Now. Maybe I wasn't getting good shit. I admit it, I see that commercial, I feel cheated. Hey, where's the stuff that makes eggs look like brains? That sounds neat. Did I quit too soon? What is that, CIA stash? You see the guy in that commercial, that guy's got a beer gut- "All right, this is it. Look up, man. This is your brain. I ain't doing this again. That's your - " The guy's drunk and doing this fucking commercial. "Here's your brain." That's an egg! That's a frying pan, that's a stove, you're an alcoholic, dude, I'm tripping right now, and I still see that is a fucking egg, all right? How dare you have a wino tell me not to do drugs. (From the audience) "Why did you quit?" Why did I quit? Because after you've been taken aboard a UFO, it's kind of hard to top that, all right. They have Alcoholics Anonymous, they don't have Alien Anonymous. I tell you what, though, going to AA meetings, which I have to do, but going there and hearing people talking about their fucking booze stories, you know. "You know, I love the taste of gin, it's so good, tastes-" Fuck you, I've been on a UFO, fuck off! I went drinking with aliens, you fucker, shut up! "I lost my wife-" I lost an alien culture who wanted to take me to the planet Arcturus, fuck you! I mean, I don't know if I've got the resentment, you know, forgiveness part down in the book, but... (singing) "One day at a time . . ." I just cannot, you know, believe in a war against drugs when they've got anti-drug commercials on l day long, followed by, "This Bud's for you." I got news for you, folks. A-1, alcohol is a drug, and B-2, and here's the real one, alcohol kills more people than all drugs combined each year. So, thanks for inviting me to your little alcoholic/drug den here tonight. You fine, upstanding citizens, you, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Now. You know what, if I was going to have a drug be legal, it would not be alcohol, you know why? There's better drugs and better drugs for you. That's a fact, so you can stop your internal dialogue. Wait a minute, Bill, alcohol is an accepted form of social interaction which for thousands of years has been the norm under which human beings have congregated in the form of social events and... Shut the fuck up. Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.
Pot is a better drug than alcohol - fact, and I'll prove it. You're at a ballgame, you're at a concert, someone's really violent, aggressive and obnoxious, are they drunk or are they smoking pot? (Audience) Drunk! The one and only correct answer, tell them what they've won, Johnny. I have never seen people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking impossible! Hey, buddy. Hey, what? End of argument. Say you get in a car accident, and you've been smoking pot. You're only going four miles an hour. Vroom... CRASH. Shit, we hit something. Forgot to open the garage door, man. We got to get the garage door open so Domino's knows we're home!
But I'll tell you the truth, I have never heard one reason that rang true why marijuana is against the law. That rang true, now, I'm not talking about the reasons the government tells us, because I hope you know this, I think you do, all governments are lying cocksuckers. I hope you know that. Good. I mean, marijuana grows everywhere, it serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive, to make marijuana against the law is like saying God made a mistake, you know what I mean? It's like God, on the seventh day, looked down on his creation and said, "There it is. My creation. Perfect and holy in all ways. Now, I can rest... Oh my me. I left fucking pot everywhere. I should never have smoked that joint on the third day. Shit. If I leave pot everywhere, that's gonna give people the impression they're supposed to use it. Shit. Now I have to create Republicans." So, you see, it's a vicious cycle.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
Re: Comedy as a weapon for truth - Bill Hicks [Re: Murex]
    #838916 - 08/23/02 07:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quickie quoting Hicks from memory, but it goes something like...

"Ya know, they say we're losing the War on Drugs. You know what that means? It mean we're fighting a war against people on drugs, and the people on drugs are winning!"

Carry on...

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #839638 - 08/24/02 03:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

On one of Bill's post-diagnosis videos he says "When i take mushrooms i get hope, then I watch TV and I get hopeless..I realised that our true nature is spirit not body...believe me when you see little insectoids who tell you telepathically that they're your older brothers here to help you on your next stage of evolution it ain't the same as drinking a six-pack ok? Wouldn't put Gin in the same category. To have every single cell in your body healed all at once in 4 hours? Not the same as marguerita. Sorry, I couldn't tell you with a straight face that they're the same"

God bless Bill.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibletoxick
The GoodReverend, Dr.

Loc: O NE
Gifts Of Forgiveness [Re: Murex]
    #840323 - 08/24/02 12:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Once again, I'd recommend a healthy dose of Psilocybin mushrooms.

Three weeks ago, two of my friends and I went to a ranch in fredericksburg, texas, and took what Terrence McKenna calls a "Heroic Dose" -- five dried grams. Let me tell you, our third eye was squeegied quite cleanly.

WOW.

And I'm glad they're against the law, because you know what happened when I took them? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours, going "My god, I love Everything". The heavens parted, God looked down and rained gifts of forgiveness onto my being, healing me on every level; psychically, physically, emotionally -- and I realized that our true nature is spirit, not body, that we are eternal beings, and that God's love is unconditional and there's nothing we can ever do to change that. It is only our illusion that we are separate from God or that we are alone.

In fact, the reality is that we are one with God, and he loves us.

Now, if that isn't a hazard to this country...You see my point? How are we going to keep building nuclear weapons? You know what I mean? What's going to happen to the arms industry when we realize we're all one? It's gonna fuck up the economy! The economy that's FAKE anyway...which would be a real bummer.

You can see why the government is cracking down on the idea of experiencing unconditional love.

------------

Love You, Bill.

--------------------
Janet Reno, if I do not go to jail, I will be in Orlando August 15 and you are not going to be elected to any damn thing. Nobody should fear our Government.
- James Traficant

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Gifts Of Forgiveness [Re: toxick]
    #841489 - 08/25/02 01:27 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hi toxick, have you checked out the new biography of Bill - "American Scream"? Goes into some detail about Bill and mushrooms.

Cheers.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #841498 - 08/25/02 01:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting article on Bill and mushrooms here:

http://www.sacredcow.com/articles/apt_hicks_ufo.html

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibletoxick
The GoodReverend, Dr.

Re: Gifts Of Forgiveness [Re: Xlea321]
    #841796 - 08/25/02 08:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

No I haven't, but I'm going to the book store instead of typing this post...

Hey...

Here's a link for those of you who hate searching or leaving your home in any way

--------------------
Janet Reno, if I do not go to jail, I will be in Orlando August 15 and you are not going to be elected to any damn thing. Nobody should fear our Government.
- James Traficant

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#841876 - 08/25/02 09:35 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

for awhile my friend thought Maynard James Keenan was actually Bill Hicks in diguise because they seemed to share some simliar viewpoints and I guess TooL came around the time Hicks died.

lol

Invisibletoxick
The GoodReverend, Dr.

Re: Gifts Of Forgiveness [Re: Grav]
    #841904 - 08/25/02 10:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Good theory...but tool was actually around in '92, a couple years before bill died.

TOOL does throw a few tributes to Bill Hicks on their Aenima album, though.

Also, a little off topic, but look for TOOL in episodes of Mr. Show...

--------------------
- James Traficant

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #841960 - 08/25/02 10:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Maynard is a funny man also.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisibletoxick
The GoodReverend, Dr.

Re: Gifts Of Forgiveness [Re: Xlea321]
    #861521 - 09/03/02 01:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I just got done reading "American Scream, The Bill Hicks Story".

Wow.

There's not much in there I didn't already know, but it all gets put into context. I'm now pretty sure that Bill was actually Jesus, come back to earth to save everyone, though.

How blasphemous that sounds, coming from my fingers...

Halleluja!

--------------------
- James Traficant

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Political Discussion