Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
I need a program that can detect and log my internet connection outages and maybe an opinion....
    #8354912 - 05/02/08 06:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I still having connectivity issues with my internet that I spoke about in an earlier post. Everything has been checked and replaced including the cable feeding my entire street, drop line to my house and line to my modem. Then the modem was replaced. I've hooked it to the router, straight to the computer, and straight to the Xbox and it still drops my connection.

They've sent numerous techs over here to try and figure it out, but they always leave with no answer. My signal is excellent and connection is 20MB+ when it works. The problem seems to happen most during peek usage times, 4PM to 11PM, but does still happen at other times. It will usually only drop for 45-90 seconds and come right back but can last 10 minutes or longer on a few occasions and it does this at least 3-4 times a day. That I notice.

When the customer service people review what ever type of logging information they have, it says my connection has been fine for 7 days (when I installed the new modem) but he conceded that it may not detect outages as short as I'm reporting. It might only read them as a reset or something.

So anyway, they're sending out a senior line tech next week to further try and figure this out but I thought it might be helpful if I could a provide a log of the outages. I've searched for a program that would do this but come up short so far.

Any ideas about the outages or a program I could use to monitor and log them?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: I need a program that can detect and log my internet connection outages and maybe an opinion.... [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #8355090 - 05/02/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

In unix, something like "date ; ping -i5 www.google.com > data"

will ping google every five seconds and include the time/date that the command was run. You can then search through the data file looking for failed pings.

I have found that 99% of all cryptic networking problems are wire related. Are you certain the problem isn't on your end? Replaced patch cables, router, switches, etc? I've seen some really strange behavior from bad patch cables and network devices.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: I need a program that can detect and log my internet connection outages and maybe an opinion.... [Re: Seuss]
    #8355180 - 05/02/08 07:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, every cable outside and inside the house was replaced, the modem replaced, the modem was hooked to the router, then straight to the computer and then straight to the Xbox and it still goes out.  It's definitely a signal problem too because the 'Ready' light goes off on the modem.

If I were running Unix I guess that would work great.:grin:

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: I need a program that can detect and log my internet connection outages and maybe an opinion.... [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #8355237 - 05/02/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

try mirc. it will let u know when it d/c's and u can chat w/ your buddies when it's working.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: I need a program that can detect and log my internet connection outages and maybe an opinion.... [Re: iateshaggy]
    #8355371 - 05/02/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Will it log the dropped connections?

--------------------

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

#8355515 - 05/02/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

it's a chat program and it logs all activity. every time your connection drops, it will show in the chat logs.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: I need a program that can detect and log my internet connection outages and maybe an opinion.... [Re: iateshaggy]
    #8355804 - 05/02/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Cool. I'll give it a shot.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #8356533 - 05/03/08 01:33 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm allready monitoring your internet activity.

I'll be happy to let you know when it fails.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

#8364760 - 05/05/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

That's no good. First, it disconnects me all the time saying "Software Disconnected" when my connection was fine. Then it will log out and not reconnect, repeatedly. Plus, all the other text it generates for every disconnect/reconnect is so vast, it would take me forever to actually go through and find only the relevant ones.

--------------------

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

#8365911 - 05/05/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

maybe try the same hting w/ xchat, it is a little more noob friendly. also make a secret room on s server so it's just u and not a bunch of random chat. look for a auto reconnect option.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom