Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetimmyworld
Stranger
A question about freshness
    #8360940 - 05/04/08 11:14 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hey there Im new here and have a couple questions.
First off I got my hands on some fresh shrooms, so as soon as I got them I threw them in a paper bag and in the fridge in an attempt to protect the freshness. They have been in there over night and I wont be able to use them until next Sunday (7 days from now). I was thinking about in 2 days just blending them up into some orange juice as fine as possible then letting the orange juice concoction sit in the fridge for about 5 more days before I drink it.
So my questions are:

1. Is that too long to keep them fresh(undried) before I start running the risk of getting sick? (Because I could just as easy dry them out. I just really wanted to try them fresh to keep the potency)

2. If I did my orange juice idea, would the orange juice be at risk for the shrooms rotting in the orange juice, thus making me sick?

3. Would the orange juice concoction retain the potency of the fresh shrooms or is it just a waste?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: A question about freshness [Re: timmyworld]
    #8361085 - 05/04/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you can keep them in the fridge for that long, they might dry a bit but that doesn't matter. putting them in a paper bag was a good idea.

it should smell like shrooms, not rotten etc. also have a look every day to see if there are no rotting spots.

shouldn't be a problem!

ps blending them in orangje juice isnt such a good idea. keep them as it is and if you want to blend them do it the day you're going to eat them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag