Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetoadstool3
Stranger

Fear of psychosis
    #8360496 - 05/04/08 06:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hey. Some of you posters might notice that I'm posting a lot here seeking advice and not sharing as much. And here I go again. You read a lot that psychadelics can unlock latent mental illnesses. I think the one I fear the most would have to be schizophrenia, as I think it's probably the hardest to function with.

Throughout my teens I've had some delerius hallucinations. Not day to day. It was once when I hadn't slept for two days, once when I was sick, and was taking antihistimines. And once when I was on drugs, which I'll put down to the drugs.

I stopped taking anything eight months ago because I was starting to get paranoid, hearing car alarms and various noises when I was trying to sleep mainly that I was convinced weren't real and for that reason would keep me awake.

So here's my questions:
A)Does it sound like I've a mental dissorder?
B)How can one know if they've a mental dissorder if they've never had cause to go see a psyciatrist?
C)Has anyone else ever suffered much paranoia and psychosis after taking pills or any other psychadelics?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
Re: Fear of psychosis [Re: toadstool3]
    #8360511 - 05/04/08 06:33 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinetoadstool3
Stranger

Re: Fear of psychosis [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #8360551 - 05/04/08 07:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, that's real helpful.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #8360558 - 05/04/08 07:13 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

toadstool3 said:
Throughout my teens I've had some delerius hallucinations. Not day to day. It was once when I hadn't slept for two days, once when I was sick, and was taking antihistimines. And once when I was on drugs, which I'll put down to the drugs.

those all sound 'normal'. sickness, with or without meds can cause it, sleep deprevation too, and drugs obviously too.

Quote:

I stopped taking anything eight months ago because I was starting to get paranoid, hearing car alarms and various noises when I was trying to sleep mainly that I was convinced weren't real and for that reason would keep me awake.

Those are common sounds in the city, are you sure they weren't real? If they weren't real and you didn't hear them anymore after you stopped 'using' (what ere you using?), then it's probably a good choice you did stop.

It could be possible that you're easily paranoid, worried or scared, also not a good combination with drugs.

Quote:

So here's my questions:
A)Does it sound like I've a mental dissorder?
B)How can one know if they've a mental dissorder if they've never had cause to go see a psyciatrist?
C)Has anyone else ever suffered much paranoia and psychosis after taking pills or any other psychadelics?

A. No, most likely not.
B. If you function 'normally' like most people do there's probably nothing wrong. Your personality could have some 'spikes' though, for example that you're (too) easily worried. As long as you can live with it without real serious problems, what is there to worry about? Nothing. If you have problems that you can't work out yourself, and/or cause you a lot of distress etc, then you could always see a psychologist. This doesn't mean that you have a mental disorder though. And even if you have one, for example panic attacks, you will probably go back to normal after some therapy.
C. No.

If you develop schizophrenia, it's probably going to happen, with or without psychdelics. You can end up having a psychotic episode (temporary, schizophrenia is permanent) after use of psychdelics, but this really doens't seem common at all.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8361157 - 05/04/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Nothing you listed sounds serious; those three situations were out of the ordinary and some type of visual/audio disturbance is to be expected when you're experiencing sleep deprivation, illness on drugs, or psychedelics.

Have you experienced any similar disturbances since you stopped using all drugs eight months ago? If not, it sounds like you'll be fine. :thumbup: I would be very careful about future use of psychedelics, though. Some people are very sensitive to the effects of hallucinogens; I know people who suffer panic-attacks and extreme paranoia even at low-mid doses of weed.

Quote:

I don't think I've ever suffered anything that I would categorize as psychosis, but I've felt my fair share of mild paranoia after smoking weed. It's always short-lived and very moderate - I understand what's causing it during the duration of my high so I never actually indulge in it, more like observe it and laugh about it. This is definitely not the case for everyone, though.

Offlinetoadstool3
Stranger

Re: Fear of psychosis [Re: Cameron]
    #8361440 - 05/04/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, Cameron and Stefan. Thanks for the feedback. You seem to have hit the nail on the head. It's almost like a panic attack. From what I know of them. Nothing else in life phases me. I know I can overcome more or less anything since I've been given a good start in life. But to lose one's mind is to discount that. Hallucinogens are the only thing that cause this for me, they give me 'the fear'. Although my experience so far is more or less limited to pills. And perhaps the setting wasn't right, although I'd say it was more the set. Either way I'm gonna try Cambodians soon. It'll be after the end of college, so I'll be stress free. And I'll have the opertunity to go where ever to do them.

And to Cameron. No in the last eight months I've been on top form. I think I think less of myself when I'm doing drugs. My self confidence and ego have been bursting.

Edited by toadstool3 (05/04/08 02:05 PM)

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8361634 - 05/04/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Excellent :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom