Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: shroomkma]
    #8357014 - 05/03/08 08:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

A.muscaria? did you prepare it right? in the oven and all that?

http://www.shroomery.org/6234/Amanita-Muscaria

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: undergrounder]
    #8357981 - 05/03/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

undergrounder said:
I like A.M. Young's A Field Guide to the Fungi of Australia, UNSW Press (2005). Good detailed descriptions, but a lot of black/white drawings. This in combination with another local guide that has more colour photos would be great.

I'm splitting hairs here but number 4 if it has jet black spores, i've called them "Psathyrella bipellis" in the past, not sure if that's correct but it also fits the description.

yeah but if they were actual pictures didnt that book come out like 40 years ago? and just kept getting updated when new info came in ? or am i thinking of bushmans guied to australian fungi

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #8358052 - 05/03/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shroomkma said:
Quote:

jonnydrama said:
kool thanks for the reply burgatory, how much dried grams would be a decent journey? my friend and i have done lsd before but never mushrooms.

i read somewhere between 1-4 medium size..

i started off with 2 grams dryed yesterday , i feel asleep
my gf is trying 4 grams dryed now.. see how it go's..

you will fall asleep on amanita thats what it does next time eat 4 medium to large caps or one cup of crushed dried amanita

if you dry it in the oven you might as well kiss any sleep visions goodbye heating will distroy the chemical and convert it so dry the same way ppl dry subs with a fan on news paper or any other way you can think of without heat then crush it up then add it to 4 cups water and simmer on a low low heat not boil you want the water at a temperature you can touch, if you cant stick your finger in the water its too hot do that for at least 30 mins and use a lid and stir it flat out here is what your tea should look like

if it looks the same and you done it correct then skull it and go have 4 pipes of the amanita skin then after you slowly start feeling drunk then very very tired thats when you lay down and relax you visions will come now, but not like normal psil visions dream visions eyes closed ,anyway you will see

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleBoarders
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #8359016 - 05/03/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

All my local patches have nothing, not even other LBMs. I guess my gardens are a lot slower to produce than everyone elses.

Offlinepza
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Boarders]
    #8359119 - 05/03/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I had a look around 3 of my usual patches this morning... nothing. However went to scout out some new ones and found a promising little patch riddled with pins and about 20-30 mature subs.

Not bad for a couple of hours work, you can probably guess what ill be doing later :smile:

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
    #8359181 - 05/03/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Juke Adro said:
Quote:

shroomkma said:
Quote:

jonnydrama said:
kool thanks for the reply burgatory, how much dried grams would be a decent journey? my friend and i have done lsd before but never mushrooms.

you will fall asleep on amanita thats what it does next time eat 4 medium to large caps or one cup of crushed dried amanita

if you dry it in the oven you might as well kiss any sleep visions goodbye heating will distroy the chemical and convert it so dry the same way ppl dry subs with a fan on news paper or any other way you can think of without heat then crush it up then add it to 4 cups water and simmer on a low low heat not boil you want the water at a temperature you can touch, if you cant stick your finger in the water its too hot do that for at least 30 mins and use a lid and stir it flat out here is what your tea should look like

if it looks the same and you done it correct then skull it and go have 4 pipes of the amanita skin then after you slowly start feeling drunk then very very tired thats when you lay down and relax you visions will come now, but not like normal psil visions dream visions eyes closed ,anyway you will see

Uhh, no. A Muscaria contains Ibotenic Acid. When heated, it is not destroyed, it is rather converted into Muscimol which is the active chemical and the one that will give you the desired effects (thats providing Amanita intoxication is your thing). Its Ibotenic Acid that causes nausea etc, that is WHY they DO have to be heated. It's nothing like Psilocybes where heat completely destroys Psilocybin/Psilocin.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #8359214 - 05/03/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
Quote:

Juke Adro said:
Quote:

shroomkma said:
Quote:

jonnydrama said:

Uhh, no. A Muscaria contains Ibotenic Acid. When heated, it is not destroyed, it is rather converted into Muscimol which is the active chemical and the one that will give you the desired effects (thats providing Amanita intoxication is your thing). Its Ibotenic Acid that causes nausea etc, that is WHY they DO have to be heated. It's nothing like Psilocybes where heat completely destroys Psilocybin/Psilocin.

im not going to disagree with you but .....did i not say it converts it ????? if heated? also you try one thats been heated too hot and one that has not, I have tried it all ways and every time it gets too hot all you do is get sick so ummm.... no
you want it to convert in your body not in the oven or pot, 80C is perfect no hotter ...but thats just me, you do it your way and get sick

--------------------
Trade List

Edited by Juke Adro (05/03/08 09:43 PM)

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

#8359260 - 05/03/08 09:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Have i been sick? No.

Anyway meh, back on topic.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: shroomkma]
    #8359296 - 05/03/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shroomkma said:
Quote:

shroomkma said:
Quote:

jonnydrama said:

hahaah negitve.. all it did was make her throw up 4 an hour .. she said never again :frown: damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I did three caps and my identities were running through my head like a poker machine, and I shed a LOT of skin. I'd recommend maybe two caps to get a feel for it first. Music takes on a new dimension as well. It's up to you how you want to take it though - it's definitely an antiseptic sort of an experience, when it first started just breathing felt great, so it's not going to harm you to take a lot. I really doubt you could have a bad time with this mushroom. It'll take the negativity out until you're squeaky clean.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: burgatory]
    #8359313 - 05/03/08 09:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

About heating it - it doesn't kill the chemical, it converts the ibotenic acid to muscimole, or vice versa, or something. I think if you burn it then you might be killing the by-products, even still you won't kill that much. I think mine was a bit burnt.

I had a dream about a disgusting river I was standing in being purified by my presence.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #8359333 - 05/03/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

ok  ......speaking on topic i went out yesterday to a place you should all know and out of the 100 or so mulch beds a success rate of 0% was achieved plus a few of them had new mulch (no dye was seen) and was so thick there was no use of looking, on the way home i went to a local park and to my surprise not a thing :frown: .

I'm really disappointed and my wog cousin let me down lol ....I'm sure they will pop up where he took me just was not the day i suppose.

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinetriple_
Mushroom!Mushroom!
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #8359503 - 05/03/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yesterday I checked a spot that's usually swimming in A. Muscaria. But I found nothing :frown: On Monday afternoon I'll check patches I know for subs :mushroom2: *crosses fingers*

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Aus
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: triple_]
    #8359984 - 05/04/08 01:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

triple_ said:
Yesterday I checked a spot that's usually swimming in A. Muscaria. But I found nothing :frown: On Monday afternoon I'll check patches I know for subs :mushroom2: *crosses fingers*

--------------------

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: shroomer_nick]
    #8360016 - 05/04/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

front garden of best mates house its a shame they are not subs

shitty pics

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinecrixyd
New Here
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #8360166 - 05/04/08 02:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Juke Adro said:
Quote:

undergrounder said:
I like A.M. Young's A Field Guide to the Fungi of Australia, UNSW Press (2005). Good detailed descriptions, but a lot of black/white drawings. This in combination with another local guide that has more colour photos would be great.

I'm splitting hairs here but number 4 if it has jet black spores, i've called them "Psathyrella bipellis" in the past, not sure if that's correct but it also fits the description.

yeah but if they were actual pictures didnt that book come out like 40 years ago? and just kept getting updated when new info came in ? or am i thinking of bushmans guied to australian fungi

Undergrounder: you are right about the "Psathyrella bipellis", which also look quite similar.. i will look into that also, perhaps take a spore print. I guess thats why i need the book!

Juke: its a good thought, ill have to make sure i get something up to date, it seems the mycological world is very fast moving, with rapid changes in info!

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

#8360191 - 05/04/08 02:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Juke Adro said:
if you dry it in the oven you might as well kiss any sleep visions goodbye heating will distroy the chemical and convert it ...

im not going to disagree with you but .....did i not say it converts it ????? if heated? also you try one thats been heated too hot and one that has not, I have tried it all ways and every time it gets too hot all you do is get sick so ummm.... no
you want it to convert in your body not in the oven or pot, 80C is perfect no hotter ...but thats just me, you do it your way and get sick

I'm not dissing your methods, the important thing is that it works for you. Obviously you DO use heat when you simmer it, and that's doing the converting whether you know it or not. It's the heating, no matter how you do it that (as notorious says) converts the slightly poisonous chemical into the more active one. The teks tell you to dry it in the oven on the lowest setting with the door open, that's not very hot - so that might be why your amanitas in the oven didn't work (?)

But it sounds like you have a good method that works with Aussie Amanitas so why don't you write up your own tek from start to finish on the Psychedelics page? There isn't a lot of information on Aussie Amanitas, and lots of people think they simply don't work like North American ones do. So if you have a tek that works, the community would love to read it.

P.S. The mushroom book with lots of photos is fairly old, i don't own it, i've seen it in bookstores. That's why i suggest you get a hold of both, the new one with crappy drawings and an old one with good photos.

--------------------

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: crixyd]
    #8360256 - 05/04/08 03:08 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I was just wondering how the weighing worked, you weigh whatever you have that is dried yeah? so that seems like a lot, thats whats making me think that the 3 shrooms i had did nothing because it was such a minimal amount, they were 2 medium sized caps and 1 small one, should of eaten the stems also. But should that amount have done much at all? I just put em in my mouth and swallowed them with some water.

All i wanted was just a bit of a reality altering as i went to a party, but yeah nothing happened. how many fresh medium sized shrooms would be enough? i don't mind eating them fresh seeing as to me they don't have much of a taste, well i didn't chew them (would that matter?)

with the weighing i see 1-3 grams dried is a good amount so the amount i had wet was no where near that so I'm guessing I need to have a fair few. Sorry if these questions sound stupid, but for the weight in grams, Its been only for the cubensis, so looking for a weight in grams dried for subs in terms of trippin example how many grams to each level of tripping.

Anyway may be going out with someone who's been hunting before so hopefully be able to get some more for next weekend.

--------------------

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Scantraxx]
    #8360409 - 05/04/08 05:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Not too sure about weight as i dont usually have scales handy. 5 of the mushrooms in the pics i posted above would have me feeling something. Thats talking about the medium-big mushrooms. 10 and im fairly toasted.

I usually go between the 3-4 dry gram mark with subs. A lot of people will say that this is quite high but eh, anything weaker and it just fucks with my head, torn between reality and a full blown trip. I prefer to have my ego ripped away from me straight away, makes the trip much easier to handle IME. I've done 8 dry grams before and that was too intense, a valuable experience but im not in a hurry to do it again.

Also, the rule of thumb when talking weights is 10 wet grams equals roughly 1 dry gram.

Example:

35 wet grams = 3.5 dried.

--------------------

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Scantraxx]
    #8360415 - 05/04/08 05:13 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you can't really say 'how many mushrooms would it take?' because there are so many different sizes. your big could be someone elses small.
just dry them out completely, grind them up, and weigh them into grams.
i normally never dose under 3 grams, but everyone is different, and every patch of mushrooms are different.
Start off small and work your way up.
i have a mate that gets pretty fucked off 3 grams, but for me it doesn't do too much.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Artnotwar]
    #8360422 - 05/04/08 05:22 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I get pretty blistered off a gram, i know someone who can't feel a thing at a gram.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate