Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: I have the truth! [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8358251 - 05/03/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sons of God :wink:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: I have the truth! [Re: Ginseng1]
    #8358324 - 05/03/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yezir.  So when it falls down like a sheet
And you get steered around by a series of beeps
Don't say I didn't try to warn ya, peeps
That spell they got goin'll give you the creeps.:uptosomething:

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #8358739 - 05/03/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

this thread is funny

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: I have the truth! [Re: fivepointer]
    #8358782 - 05/03/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
I boldly make the statement that the truth was revealed to me by God Almighty. Christians KNOW what the truth is and KNOW what the truth is not, and I have been given the faith to believe it.

Why does everyone on this board have such a hatred for those who claim they know the truth?

The official religion here is agnosticism. Any who claim to know the truth are viciously attacked.

The "noble" search for truth is revered, for anyone to actually say they have found truth, it is derided and considered as something negative.

I have nothing against you saying you hold the truth.

BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM where you say you hold the truth and everyone else is wrong. As if you're on a boat and if everyone else isn't on that same exact boat then they're, well..., ON A DIFFERENT BOAT... which is perhaps in the same body of water. And if this body of water was dubbed "Truth" and everyone respected that every other boat was floating in this "Truth" then we would all come to a better basis for discussion and flaming wouldn't be a problem.

But in the words of the Different Strokes theme....

"Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some."

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#8358863 - 05/03/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

backfromthedead said:

Y'all use yer truth like a carrot on a string. Reveal your Truth, what do you bring??

It don't mean a thing if it doesn't have wings.

Offlinecheshirect666
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Medford, Oregon
Re: I have the truth! [Re: deranger]
    #8358913 - 05/03/08 08:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i remember watchin that shit on tv man that bitch waas a fuckin nut job man CRAZY BITCH

--------------------
Not all who wander are lost.

Offlinefivepointer
Re: I have the truth! [Re: Cracka_X]
    #8359395 - 05/03/08 10:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:
I boldly make the statement that the truth was revealed to me by God Almighty. Christians KNOW what the truth is and KNOW what the truth is not, and I have been given the faith to believe it.

Why does everyone on this board have such a hatred for those who claim they know the truth?

The official religion here is agnosticism. Any who claim to know the truth are viciously attacked.

The "noble" search for truth is revered, for anyone to actually say they have found truth, it is derided and considered as something negative.

BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM where you say you hold the truth and everyone else is wrong. As if you're on a boat and if everyone else isn't on that same exact boat then they're, well..., ON A DIFFERENT BOAT... which is perhaps in the same body of water. And if this body of water was dubbed "Truth" and everyone respected that every other boat was floating in this "Truth" then we would all come to a better basis for discussion and flaming wouldn't be a problem.

But in the words of the Different Strokes theme....

"Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some."

Those outside of the truth are on a different boat, absolutely. By definition they are wrong. Truth is not a negotiation, it is not a compromise. Discussion does not alter it. I merely present the truth, those who reject it, and those who accept it, both have a purpose in God's plan.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#8359524 - 05/03/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

>>>>Why does everyone on this board have such a hatred for those who claim they know the truth?

Everyone? Is that a fact? Seems paranoid to me.

From those who do hate your claims:

I haven't found the kind of truth you're talking about, why shouldn't I disagree with your logic, and defend my own world view? What I believe might not be much, and it may change over time...

but at least it's something.

So I got something, and you've got something. What I got, doesn't really make sense, but to be totally honest, and logical, what you got doesn't make sense either. The difference is that you have found truth. And I think it's really icky, because you've found truth AND you still believe your "something" is true. But at the same time, I'm jealous. I can tell that you are onto something I would like to be onto, minus the icky part. And I am not. I wonder if you are full of shit, and I secretly wonder if you just might actually know "something", to go along with your truth.

So there you go. Now you know.

>>>>The "noble" search for truth is revered, for anyone to actually say they have found truth, it is derided and considered as something negative.

When a person finds truth, all others, who have not found truth, will question you, and not take your word for it. Why should they? And just because you have found the truth, does not mean the linguistic specifics of your truth, are the truth. You guys have just as hard a time as anyone else, learning about and discovering the wisdom of existence.

I could sit here all night, and just disagree with you, but I know through experience, that this type of communication is hurtful. Not only to the stalwart Christian, but also to myself. And I also know, that when a Christian tries to "reach out" and help, they are also being hurtful, to others and themselves, by insisting that they know the whole of the indisputable specifics of the God Almighty truth. It's borderline sociopath. You can't talk about what's going on internally, so you use a prefabricated story and wonder why in the hell people won't just believe you. This type of shit causes a lot of pain in this world, and it's like a dog chasing it's tail.

fivepointer, I love you. I know you love me. Hell, just maybe, the red text is historically true. It's beautiful, and very obvious to me that the author knew the truth and was divinely inspired. Why can't we just love each other, and help each other cultivate some wisdom?

It would be a good idea to consider what about your message causes people to viciously attack, and see if there aren't less provocative ways of helping them find the truth. On the other hand, perhaps you enjoy the sparing. Really gets the mind and body going doesn't it?

The way I see it, you're just arguing with yourself, and you expect us to love your argument, instead of you. It is you I love, not your story.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinefivepointer
Re: I have the truth! [Re: Rahz]
    #8360468 - 05/04/08 05:50 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
>>>>Why does everyone on this board have such a hatred for those who claim they know the truth?

Everyone? Is that a fact? Seems paranoid to me.

From those who do hate your claims:

I haven't found the kind of truth you're talking about, why shouldn't I disagree with your logic, and defend my own world view? What I believe might not be much, and it may change over time...

but at least it's something.

So I got something, and you've got something. What I got, doesn't really make sense, but to be totally honest, and logical, what you got doesn't make sense either. The difference is that you have found truth. And I think it's really icky, because you've found truth AND you still believe your "something" is true. But at the same time, I'm jealous. I can tell that you are onto something I would like to be onto, minus the icky part. And I am not. I wonder if you are full of shit, and I secretly wonder if you just might actually know "something", to go along with your truth.

So there you go. Now you know.

You say you have got something, yet you say it really doesn't make sense. How can you believe in something that you don't know for SURE is true? Why would you trust in something that "doesn't really make sense"?

You say it is icky that I actually believe my "something" is actually true. You think this way because deep down you have an underlying agnosticism that prevents you from even entertaining the notion that the truth is absolute and knowable.
Quote:

Rahz said:
fivepointer, I love you. I know you love me. Hell, just maybe, the red text is historically true. It's beautiful, and very obvious to me that the author knew the truth and was divinely inspired. Why can't we just love each other, and help each other cultivate some wisdom?

It would be a good idea to consider what about your message causes people to viciously attack, and see if there aren't less provocative ways of helping them find the truth. On the other hand, perhaps you enjoy the sparing. Really gets the mind and body going doesn't it?

The way I see it, you're just arguing with yourself, and you expect us to love your argument, instead of you. It is you I love, not your story.

The truth will always cause a reaction. The truth is provocative because those who hear it hate what it says, not because it aims to provoke. Your speculation that I make postings just to get a rise out of people is false. I have much better things to do than that. The postings are to bring the truth faithfully, those who rail against it, well thats their problem.

You say we should "love each other" and help each other "cultivate wisdom". This is code language for lets bury the truth. True love is the bring the truth faithfully so others might believe it and rejoice in it.

You say the "red letters" are divinely inspired. The whole of scripture should be in red letters then, since it is all inspired.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #8360535 - 05/04/08 06:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

fivepointer, what on earth makes you think you know the truth? The truth requires evidence. Without evidence, it's not the truth, it's just a guess.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: I have the truth! [Re: zouden]
    #8360587 - 05/04/08 07:34 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

>>>>You say you have got something, yet you say it really doesn't make sense.

No, I did not. Go back and re-read my third sentence. Skimming over, and assuming you understand isn't nice.

>>>>Your speculation that I make postings just to get a rise out of people is false.

More assumptions. I speculate that you get a rise out of yourself, as a means of testing your own ideas mettle, and as a means of interacting with other humans.

>>>>You say we should "love each other" and help each other "cultivate wisdom". This is code language for lets bury the truth.

Yes, yes. It has nothing to do with love, or wisdom. What was I thinking?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: I have the truth! [Re: Rahz]
    #8360883 - 05/04/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

'I merely present the truth, those who reject it, and those who accept it, both have a purpose in God's plan.'

You haven't presented anything
The shady business of your scarlet lettermen.

Secretly each follower would rather be the mouthpiece at the podium.
Perhaps there is more truth contained in a pipe full of opium.

Same old shit just re-hashed and spit out
I can't wait for this archetypal bout.

Sad thing is... Its very much on the inside
Try not to loose stride as The truth strips you of your pride.

Where's the water comin out?? Which house??
Not out of your mouth. Do the leg work Levi Strauss.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: I have the truth! [Re: Cracka_X]
    #8360911 - 05/04/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:

QFT

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: I have the truth! [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #8360990 - 05/04/08 11:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

'It don't mean a thing if it doesn't have wings.'

What has wings but still stings??
Are you a pollen collector or a nectar gatherer??
Busy bees you and me, could it be??
Buzz, shit I got black stripes fellow.
What is it about those that only let themselves feel yellow??

--------------------

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8361023 - 05/04/08 11:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:fishing:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #8361057 - 05/04/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
I have the truth!

You have your truth, leave it at that....

I have asked you a serious question in the past to which you couldn't answer about your truth....
Which tells me that, you don't know THE truth....
Just stick with you having found YOUR truth....

:sunny:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: I have the truth! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8361135 - 05/04/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

FP has truth decay. Remember to floss daily. :yesnod:

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: I have the truth! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8361141 - 05/04/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

'Just stick with you having found YOUR truth....'

Better yet...
Throw the switch and bring it to life.

No better way to test your 'true' philosophy
Against your learned lies.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: I have the truth! [Re: zouden]
    #8361295 - 05/04/08 01:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
fivepointer, what on earth makes you think you know the truth? The truth requires evidence. Without evidence, it's not the truth, it's just a guess.

whoa whoa whoa there, scientist... lets explain this word, evidence...

From personal experience, I couldn't accurately describe many occurrences that happened in my life. And if you spent any time reading trip reports or what other ppl post here, then I don't know how asking for evidence would do anything except prompt someone to goto their safeguard... in this case, the bible.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8361307 - 05/04/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

Wrong forum fivey. The Mystery forum await your honored presense.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale