Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSalmonged
Stranger

Tripping Without any Bud *DELETED*
    #8352024 - 05/01/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Salmonged

Reason for deletion: Privacy issues going on I need to start a new account :(

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: Salmonged]
    #8352047 - 05/01/08 11:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i would never trip without weed
i dont even drink without it
nor do i blink without my lovely green
:potleaf:

--------------------

Invisibleparadox_
Life as Shaun
 User Gallery

Loc: BC
    #8352073 - 05/01/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You don't need anything but mushies to have a full on shroom trip. How long after eating the mushrooms do you smoke? What kind of setting are you normally in?

Even if only once, you should try tripping without anything but the mush/LSD. I know what you mean, how a trip can go from being fairly chill and unexciting to very intense just from a few bowls, but I also greatly enjoy tripping without weed for a couple reasons. One is definitely the possible paranoia you were describing. Also I find weed fucks with my memory a lot and one thing I love about mushrooms and acid is how 'in your face' they can be, thus being very vivid in my mind for the weeks, hell even months after a trip. With weed in the mix it's sorta like, "Oh, we went there? Shit I don't remember that." Usually I like to reserve smoking for when I'm coming down.

I don't have any experience with Rue, DMT or LSA so I can't help you there. If you're feeling your trips aren't strong enough, how about just eating more? Also you could try the lemon method for a faster, more intense comeup.

Sorry I didn't really answer any of your questions, that's just my opinion on the whole thing.

Offlineelsewhere
not here
Male

#8352151 - 05/02/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm just like you in that I feel herb really brings out the full potential of a trip. I usually always vape before the shroomage and after the peak. I had one bad experience with combining shrooms and herb but it was because the herb was panicky to begin with. I doubt that your problem is just because of one bad strain but there definitely are more mellow, carefree strains out there that might make it easier for you.

Doing Nitrous on shrooms catapults you into a ineffable realm for a minute... not really a replacement for bud but a very interesting combo.

Also I like BOC too.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: elsewhere]
    #8352169 - 05/02/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

boc?

--------------------

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: Coaster]
    #8352182 - 05/02/08 12:40 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

tripping without weed ftl

--------------------
:partykid:

Offlinepolyflakes
free thinker
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: t00th]
    #8352287 - 05/02/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i triped for the first time with out bud about a month ago. it had been about four years since last trip. being that i could be drug tested at work i can't smoke bud .
i was a little nerves about but it was just as good i think i do miss the green though

--------------------

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #8353434 - 05/02/08 11:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I think you have, in your mind, a certain idea of what tripping should be or what it should feel like and that this concept somehow includes that THC boost.

If your trip doesn't really "kick in" until you've smoked, you are totally doing it wrong. What are your doses like? I can't imagine them being over 1/8 dry, probably less. If they are, then you are one of the few with a "natural tolerance" and that does suck.

For an average person... if you're eating 3-7 dry grams of mushrooms, and you don't feel like you're really tripping, then there is a problem.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflineBassman
Chemist
Male

Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #8353450 - 05/02/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I can trip without it, but would rather have it. I feel it makes the trip just that more interesting.

--------------------
I am a student of all sciences and know them well.

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #8353456 - 05/02/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've tripped a whole lot. But Ive never smoked weed. At least, the real stuff. If I want a more intense trip, ill take more psychedelics.

Another thing that might help your trip 'kick in' is a blindfold or a dark room.

As for the darkness of tripping; thats the nature of shrooms. Its not an evil darkness; its a cave darkness. An earthy darkness.

Offlinev00d00chi1d
Stranger

#8353696 - 05/02/08 12:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Go to the local drug store and look for 5-HTP. It's spendy, but even taking it before smoking a bowl will blow your mind. It's a serotonin booster, so I can only imagine what it would do for a trip. I find that smoking buds during a trip is kind of a waste anyway. It's good for the comeup, but once I'm already tripping, even mildly, pot just doesn't do anything for me, no matter how good it is.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: v00d00chi1d]
    #8353751 - 05/02/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

5-HTP, as far as I know, hinders shroom and LSD trips. It helps for before and after a roll, though. What you could do, is pre-load 5-htp for a week and don't smoke any weed during this duration. then, light up the first bowl of the week 30 minutes after you decide to dose your psychedelic. Then you should notice a difference.

If you want more intense visuals, take more shrooms/LSD! In fact, mix them both! Eat 2-3g of mushies and drop 2 hits of LSD...if that's not good enough for you then I don't know what is.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8353877 - 05/02/08 01:40 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with you, weed can increase anxiety, reduce clarity, and give some sort of physical anxiety with tripping. I finally didnt smoke last mushroom trip and I actually was quite happy with how intense the experience was visually, etc. I didnt mind not smoking, it was nice, but I did when I was well come down. Anyway, smoking isn't necessary for me to want to trip. I can do without it for sure. But yea it does seem to trigger and exaggerates some parts. It just depends for me.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8354019 - 05/02/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I must be a rarity, because whenever I mix bud with shrooms, I get the most intense paranoia and discomfort. My mind will begin to race in a very mindless, shallow way and I will get intense flushes of anxiety. It's awful and not at all a more intense version of a shroom trip.

That said, any other psychedelic (2-CE, LSD, namely) mixed with bud just makes me spacey and thoughtless. Not to be confused with the above symptoms, because this mixture is actually quite fun.

Anyone else experience this? I have met one other person who seems to have the same effect, but everyone else I talk to LOVES the combo.

Note that I normally love being high -- and smoke fairly often.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: Veter]
    #8354884 - 05/02/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i won't trip unless i got some nuggets on hand. weed is something i love dearly so i find it's company quite pleasant... especially when tripping. great compliment to the mindset.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8354935 - 05/02/08 06:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

try 8 grams of powder in tea. I can't believe you wouldn't be tripping out of your mind. I never smoke on mushrooms (or any other time) at the moment and only have a few beers on the comedown.

OfflineJstHereFrTheCake
Stranger
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: roquet]
    #8355160 - 05/02/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I prefer tripping without anything else in my system. I usually try to fast for at least 24 hours before. Not
necessary but it makes me feel better for the trip.

I feel like weed just makes my head all cloudy. I don't even really smoke it anymore.

I think you probably feel like you aren't "tripping" until you smoke because you don't feel intoxicated, but thats
what tripping is. without any other substances it is super clear and fairly transparent compared to weed or
alcohol. I prefer this. You just need to learn to utilize the new high. On a good dose of acid I can still
pretty much ignore it or not see any visuals, its just about learning how to see them really. Once you so you
can exprience extremely psychedelic states on lose doses. I would say it normally takes a few good heavier doses
first just because it makes it easier to achieve.

Shrooms are less transparent than acid in my opinion but they still don't have the same intoxicant properties as
weed. I think you should try tripping without for a while and learn how to appreciate the substances by themselves.
It is entirely possible to do. I don't mean to imply that you don't appreciate them simply that the idea that it
actually takes some practice to actually use these substances effectively might be a new concept to some
people. particularly when compared to other less transparent drugs.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: Coaster]
    #8355176 - 05/02/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

Quote:

Coaster said:

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: Atheist]
    #8355431 - 05/02/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Tripping is kind of uncomfortable for me unless i have weed.... dunno why.

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Tripping Without any Bud [Re: RedRainDrop]
    #8355589 - 05/02/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I never trip with weed, unless I'm desperate to ratchet up the intensity.  Idk, it's always been good enough as is to me :shrug:

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order