Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Chronic7]
    #8364607 - 05/05/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

the human mind is within the magnetic field of the earth, science has even shown this field will change in 2012, the poles will switch.

The links you provided do not support this assertion. Shifts in the magnetic field of THE SUN in a roughly 11-year cycle do not prove that the EARTH will "shift poles" in 2012. In fact, your NASA link stated that they could not predict shifts in the Earth's magnetic field.

Also, the fact that humans are emotionally influenced by solar flares does not prove that the human mind "is within the magnetic field of the Earth."

I know that this is the Mysticism forum, but making pseudo-scientific claims & pretending that NASA backs them up is uncool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Veritas]
    #8364759 - 05/05/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
I know that this is the Mysticism forum, but making pseudo-scientific claims & pretending that NASA backs them up is uncool.

Precisely.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8364764 - 05/05/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Meh, I should probably just stay out of here.  :tongue:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #8364772 - 05/05/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I can usually stop myself, but the "science has shown..." claim in the original post made me say something.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8365382 - 05/05/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you guys just need a flash of DMT to get over the religion of science.

yes, science is a most wonderful thing that, if put in the hands of Love, could save the world, yet, is it not limited in its manners of exhibiting reality? the scientific approach is very tangible. contradictory studies are not uncommon, very much so because scientists already have an idea or preconceived notion about what it is they are to find... quantum physics and transpersonal psychology seem to be dandy for the next wave of science, integrating into science the reality that the observer and the observed are one...yay! anyhoo, i very much like the idea of 2012. whether or not "it happens" is insignificant. i am manifesting my own 2012, as are many others...
all is change

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: MokshaIs]
    #8365414 - 05/05/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

i am manifesting my own 2012

Now THAT I agree with.  :grin:

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #8365530 - 05/05/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ever been down from a trip for about an hour, and then all of a sudden you look up at your buddy and you both just laugh hysterically as one last tidal wave hits? Idk about DMT, but this kind of thing has always been significant to me.

All I know, is this sure would be fitting.:lol:

I have played around with this idea alot, although not in the context of 2012. Funny taht I never connected the dots.

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

#8365539 - 05/05/08 04:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Quote:

i am manifesting my own 2012

Now THAT I agree with.  :grin:

and if such a mass is to manifest such 2012 visions coalesced with an essence of something similar, then 2012 will be... its as if 2012 is a meme catalyizing personal/social/spiritual/psychic transformation... and, like any meme, it can be embraced, ignored, feared, ridicued, so on and so forth... who knows what is to be? yet critical thinking will reveal that the next 50-100 years are going to be absolutely *~#!!!#~*?<>??!!~~~~~~

I think of what my mom went through...a young girl in the 60s...vietnam... the technology revolution... im sure some of what is to take place in the decades to come may be beyond our wildest imaginings...i also bet some rather predictable troubles shall make themselves very obvious...who knows...?

"that which is not of the Tao is short lived"

that means...consensual "reality"...bye bye:mushroom2::tripping:

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: MokshaIs]
    #8365669 - 05/05/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I just can't get behind the whole "mass enlightenment" idea. Humans are not built that way, no matter how the Earth's polarity shifts. There will be changes, that is inevitable, but claiming that those changes will be positive AND occur on a global scale is naive, IMO.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Chronic7]
    #8365978 - 05/05/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Proof it effects us:
http://lifetechnologynews.blogspot.com/2008/04/solar-activity-affects-human-mind.html
To think the suns activity does not affect us is plain ignorance, the sun gave us life!
:peace:

All of the negative human mental effects listed on that link pointed to 3 annual SEASONAL changes in the geomagnetic field, not the effects of a solar magnetic reversal....
And all of that info could just be extrapolated from the seasonal changes themselves and not have anything to do with magentics at all....    :wink:

So far, I have been thru 3 solar magnetic reversals/solar cycles in my lifetime....   

I don't remember any life changing revelations during those solar magnetic reversals myself....  :ohwell:

Now, I can't say with any certainty that NOTHING will happen when 2012 gets here,
just as I don't see how people can become 100% certain that something WILL happen....    :shrug:

I am 100% all for abstract creative thinking and discussing those ideas,
but preaching as though it is as certain as the sun rising tomorrow seems a little "silly"....
Maybe all of my magic has just left from my body for saying that, but I will have to shelve it as something else that I just don't understand....
(And don't think for a moment I haven't tried)....    :wink:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8366000 - 05/05/08 06:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm for the DMT blast and all the other stuff as well. :laugh:
Ladies and gentlemen, you better fasten your seat-belts ! One way or another ...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: MAIA]
    #8366026 - 05/05/08 06:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Absolutely, click it or ticket...!    :tongue:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8366077 - 05/05/08 06:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

'Ladies and gentlemen, you better fasten your seat-belts ! One way or another ...'

Leave it off.
Cats with the top down will be crushed underneath and held there for a time.
I'd rather be ejected.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#8366349 - 05/05/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
I just can't get behind the whole "mass enlightenment" idea.  Humans are not built that way, no matter how the Earth's polarity shifts.  There will be changes, that is inevitable, but claiming that those changes will be positive AND occur on a global scale is naive, IMO.

:yesnod:

To think that the human race is going to go from its present state to shifting into a higher dimension and turning into light beings in what? four and half years now?

No one on this earth has any idea what that means, no one.  It's all just words.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8366490 - 05/05/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

To me, it is hard to believe that after layer upon layer of collectivism, it just stopping at the human individual. Is the human ego the peak of nature? This makes sense in an epic kind of way, but I wouldn't directly invest myself in it. This, I think, is just as assumptive as the specifics and particulars of 2012.

My own assumption is, the best hedonist is selfless and ultimately that distinctions of "selfish" and "selfless" are not necessary.

Edited by daytripper23 (05/05/08 08:55 PM)

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8366712 - 05/05/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

Veritas said:
I just can't get behind the whole "mass enlightenment" idea.  Humans are not built that way, no matter how the Earth's polarity shifts.  There will be changes, that is inevitable, but claiming that those changes will be positive AND occur on a global scale is naive, IMO.

:yesnod:
To think that the human race is going to go from its present state to shifting into a higher dimension and turning into light beings in what? four and half years now?

No one on this earth has any idea what that means, no one.  It's all just words.

Light beings? that's a bit much, and why do you guys think that all of this is so improbable? Is it b/c you dont believe something like this can happen in your lifetime? It's bigger than your current life, it's billions of lives in the making.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8366981 - 05/05/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I not only don't believe that a mass enlightenment is possible in MY lifetime, I don't think that it is possible in a BILLION lifetimes. Humans are not bees.

InvisibleDieCommie

#8367092 - 05/05/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

In billions of lifetimes we may very well evolve to be like bees.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #8367458 - 05/06/08 12:33 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
I not only don't believe that a mass enlightenment is possible in MY lifetime, I don't think that it is possible in a BILLION lifetimes. Humans are not bees.

then what are humans?

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: 2012 Everyone will have a massive DMT flash [Re: DieCommie]
    #8368155 - 05/06/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
In billions of lifetimes we may very well evolve to be like bees.

Highly unlikely. We are more likely to become extinct than to become insectoid.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order