Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineweallsmoke
Rap god frombeyond the moon
Male User Gallery

Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it)
    #8351781 - 05/01/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Is there any on here besides me? I don't worship Satan but I wonder if anyone on here does and what there views on it are. Same with Satanists. I'm am a Satanist because its the only thing that makes sense to me and it feels good that you don't have anything controlling you but you still have direction. I am vary spiritual too and believe that spirituality goes hand in hand with satanism. Any other non-conventional religions feel free to discuss too :smile:

Edited by weallsmoke (05/01/08 10:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleklimt
Stranger
Male

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers [Re: weallsmoke]
    #8351814 - 05/01/08 10:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Can you explain to me what a Satanist, such as yourself, religious views are, overall philosophy is, etc...

Offlineweallsmoke
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers [Re: klimt]
    #8351837 - 05/01/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

First of all. You have no god telling you what you Can or cant do and that god/Satan is within nature and within you. Nature grows and grows its just a force that keeps going. If you commit a crime or a terrible act or donate blood or anything just enjoy it and don't be bummed because you think or act differently. Also this force makes you want to rebel its the voice inside you that just says what if I _______. You can choose whether or not to listen to it. Thats as far as I understand, I'm not vary religious and never really was. You don't have to believe in god or the devil to be a satanist but it doesn't hurt to. As for worshiping Satan, i don't know much about that and would like to learn as well

OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers [Re: weallsmoke]
    #8352420 - 05/02/08 02:31 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I find the church of satan to be extremely hypocrtical--I don't get it. The first satanic statement states "Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!" but then the sixth satanic rule of earth states "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved." If I WANT my neighbors object then I should indulge myself and TAKE it! I mean, satanism teaches to enact revenge (not forgiveness) and talks about how mankind is not much more than a four-legged animal, but then they still make hypocritical 'rules?'

I think it's an excuse to be able to do whatever one wants to, but having the insecurity in needing some sort of spiritual permission.

Also, for clarification, I'm an agnostic... I'm not trying to be all christian/crusader, I just think that there's some major logical errors in the teachings of the church of satan.

What kind of 'spiritual practices' do you engage in? I'm curious.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #8352641 - 05/02/08 05:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I believe in living your true nature fully, but that humans also have the ability to go beyond animalstic nature, this is our true nature, to transcend, it is our birthright.

Indulge fully, but be aware
, indulging in rape violence & murder is not being aware, it is being ignorant, it is as ancient as the mind of jurassic periods & beyond! Vicious animal nature!

To me nature is about growth (evolution), violence killing etc for humans is going backwards not forward, which isn't growth. This is why it seems so bad, because we gotta keep growing, moving forward, evolving. If you wish to be violent etc...go for it, but if you were aware of what violence is & why it brings you joy, you would transcend it. Enjoying others sorrow is just ignorant, unawareness of truth.

To put it in language you might understand.

Your basically naturally retarded if you think that its cool to be violent etc...

:peace:

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: weallsmoke]
    #8352671 - 05/02/08 05:29 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I was pretty Big into Levian Satanism. It's cool,and has some great ideas,but I can't hold to one thing, thats Just stupid. Add to that I'm extreamly un-spiritual.

I still have the satanic bible on proud display,but thats just because i get a kick out of it.

I'm am of the Church of Who gives a fuck,we all die anyways.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: CaptainH13]
    #8352835 - 05/02/08 07:46 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlineweallsmoke
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8354006 - 05/02/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well I guess the reson for the rules are just to show are morals. There not really restrictions, nothing will happen if you break them except youll look like a jackass.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: weallsmoke]
    #8354108 - 05/02/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I wrote a research paper on Satanism last semester for my freshman writing class. I posted another paper I wrote about SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse) which you can read here.

Satanism is an interesting religion, however, I personally find it to be at fault just as much as say, Christianity, in that it's merely supporting the opposite extreme of the religious spectrum.

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #8354123 - 05/02/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I personally find it to be at fault just as much as say, Christianity, in that it's merely supporting the opposite extreme of the religious spectrum.

Yeah this is what I am most curious about. Is it reactionary, or not?

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: daytripper23]
    #8354141 - 05/02/08 03:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Anton LaVey founded the Church of Satan in 1969 in order to create a religion that would cater to man's carnal desires. The following quote illustrates his reasons:

"On Saturday night I would see men lusting after half-naked girls dancing at the carnival, and on Sunday morning when I was playing the organ for tent-show evangelists at the other end of the carnival lot, I would see these same men sitting in the pews with their wives and children, asking God to forgive them and purge them of carnal desires. And the next Saturday night they'd be back at the carnival or some other place of indulgence.

"I knew then that the Christian Church thrives on hypocrisy, and that man's carnal nature will out!"

--From the foreword to The Satanic Bible

Offlineweallsmoke
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #8355527 - 05/02/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Anton Laveys form of satanism isn't the only form of satanism out there. European satanists are more into finding the god/Satan within themselves and in nature

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#8355827 - 05/02/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Please tell me your not talking about theistic satanist? Those fuckers are some of the wackiest people I've ever meet.

From my experience with Levian Satanism, Anton really could have hit a home run,but begin himself,being so fanciful and wondrous beyond reality and all the other shortcomings he had, that went into his work, he struck out in the end. If He was more blunt and less theatrical i would have subscribed to it much more,even if he does explain the theatrics. There's Tons of concrete sound theories,but just too much nonsense and fantasy for the sake of it.

I will say I'm very happy with Peter Gilmore.

--------------------

Offlineweallsmoke
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: CaptainH13]
    #8355852 - 05/02/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CaptainH13 said:
Please tell me your not talking about theistic satanist? Those fuckers are some of the wackiest people I've ever meet.

From my experience with Levian Satanism, Anton really could have hit a home run,but begin himself,being so fanciful and wondrous beyond reality and all the other shortcomings he had, that went into his work, he struck out in the end. If He was more blunt and less theatrical i would have subscribed to it much more,even if he does explain the theatrics. There's Tons of concrete sound theories,but just too much nonsense and fantasy for the sake of it.

I will say I'm very happy with Peter Gilmore.

I agree.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#8356370 - 05/03/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think that Satanism, is very similar to Christianity. The laws aren't that bad really, if taken in context. I don't consider LaVey an authority on spirituality though. He was a spiritual guy in some ways, who had a bone to pick with Christianity and society in general (not that I blame him), and Satanism was his way of rebelling. And I think that in some ways, that movement was very philosophical. More than the actual tenants, it makes people question what exactly Satan is, and that's a good thing to do.

In a way, LaVey was doing the same thing Jesus was, though I would call Jesus a guru, and LaVay not so much a guru. In part, his belief system rests on a positionality geared towards being against something, whereas Jesus' system was based on love.

Seems much better to me.

But I'm not a "Christian".

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: Rahz]
    #8356401 - 05/03/08 12:45 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What interests me about satanism (or at least what i see as the potential of satanism) is that it can be used to subvert christianity by inverting and deconstructing it's myths and symbols. I like gnosticism for the same reason.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8356487 - 05/03/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

>>>>What interests me about satanism (or at least what i see as the potential of satanism) is that it can be used to subvert christianity by inverting and deconstructing it's myths and symbols.

Exactly. The usefulness of Satanism is in it's polarity with the image of Christianity.

I'd chill out with Jesus' as portrayed in the Bible, before I'd hang with LaVey though. Just saying.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8359785 - 05/03/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Subverts Christianity? It seems to me that it feeds energy into the surface drama of Christianity, which is the level most religious people operate at, thusly increasing the influence of Christianity overall.

Just more bullshit, self-limiting dogma.

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: Viveka]
    #8361071 - 05/04/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The battle you fight is a long one.

I find satanists to be immature and lacking of will power.

They remind me of a spoiled brat who will go against one's sense of moral decency, mainly to become different than all else, and to believe themselves to be in full control. When really "the easy way out" is all they believe, because they are lazy.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Satanists and Satan worshipers (PSA for people who dont know muh on it) [Re: sandman_130]
    #8361125 - 05/04/08 12:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

'It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.' (from your sig)

Hey, the name calling started a while ago. If the church wants to label nature and that particular experience 'of the devil' fine. Watch the 'devil' whoop ass cause it is he/she that is the natural order in opposition to these paternalistic hierarchies of mere men. Things got misrepresented from the start. I heard the snake. Eyes were opened. Flip it. The morning star, my we've come so far.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies