Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemindspin
Heirophant

Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: Dihnekis]
    #8052740 - 02/21/08 04:59 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm about to try this myself, but I have a tip for those who haven't achieved success (hopefully I will).

Oven temperatures -- Often times your oven can be up to 50-70 degrees off from what you think it is. You can remedy this by purchasing a cheap oven thermometer at a supermarket or department store. (Walmart, Target) I know this because I frequently bake homemade bread, and I know that the oven in my apartment is 50 degrees over-calculated. Hope this helps!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemachinehead
Stranger
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: mindspin]
    #8178889 - 03/22/08 06:40 AM (16 years, 10 days ago)

Thanks to this thread (which is top-ranked in a Google search of marijuana firecrackers), I tried my first firecrackers the other night -- GREAT!

One point that no one addressed so far is firecrackers vs. brownies. The merit of firecrackers is quick 'n easy. You can make them in half an hour, and if baked on a piece of aluminum foil, there's no clean-up. One demerit, though: the bud flakes have to be mixed with the peanut butter and eaten. I like peanut butter, but my pre-baked bud turned it kind of grayish-brown when mixed in with a toothpick. Definitely not as appetizing as regular "non-fortified" peanut butter. It was OK for me, but my girlfriend would be going "ooh, yuck."

For brownies, I set aside a whole afternoon to make a batch. It can take 30 or 45 minutes to grind up a quarter ounce or more. Then, after dumping the bud into the simmering butter, 20 minutes is recommended, but I usually give it a couple of hours for thorough extraction. Then strain and pour the pot butter into the brownie mix, and it's another 30 minutes baking time. Plus dishes to clean up. Total 3 hours or more.

However: the merit of brownies is no bud flakes mixed into the recipe. The THC is dissolved in the pot butter (turning it green), and then the flakes are filtered out by pouring the pot butter through cheesecloth. Butter or oil is part of the brownie recipe anyhow. So the taste is not altered. Most people like brownies and find them more palatable than peanut butter -- also less filling because there are no crackers involved. The rest of the batch can be frozen and keeps fine.

My impression that the extraction of THC into butter or oil is slightly more efficient when done as a separate process. When you stir the bud flakes into melted butter, definitely every flake is coming into contact with the oil. When baked in peanut butter for 20 minutes, it's still reasonably efficient, but I'm guessing maybe 80% or 90% as efficient as making pot butter, because it can't be stirred. You are depending on a local chemical process of concentration-driven diffusion of THC through a semi-liquid matrix of peanut-butter oil. But the results are still very adequate!

Anyhow, I'm really glad to know about this quick 'n easy recipe for firecrackers.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: machinehead]
    #8184712 - 03/23/08 08:32 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

AS far as canna cooking goes, I'm down to one single recipe.

Cannabutter. Plain, simple cannabutter.

Crock Pot.
Some Water.
40g ground middies/schwag/regs.
1 pound butter.

Heat it up for a few hours.
Let it cool.
Heat it up again for awhile.
Strain through cheesecloth into containers.
Put in fridge until seperated into butter/nasty water.
Harvest.

This butter can be used in anything, including a simple cinnamon sugar toast. You'll end up with ~325g of cannabutter and 10g fucks me up proper. 15g could knock you out for several hours.

Keep it all in your freezer, and chop off 10g chunks. I've been doing this for awhile, and it's simply incredible.

Enjoy!

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #8351519 - 05/01/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

massive bump
but i used this thread tonite, maybe someone else will

Offlineezkiel
IV:XX

Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: zSDMF]
    #8413576 - 05/17/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

bbbumped... making them right now

peanut butter on soda crackers with about 1.3g mixed in to 4 crackers (2 sandwich). I'll be eating them in 5 min and give a report.

EDIT #1:

Wow Didn't even realize my last post was @ 4:20. Anyways I'm feeling noticeable effects now. About an hour and a half post consumption. I'll probably smoke a pinner than settle in. I'll update when I feel peak coming on.

EDIT #2: It's been about 2 hours since and it's still coming up. I'm nice n faded.

--------------------

I've made  few spore choices in my life. :mushroom2:
Chop... Drop... and Roll

Edited by ezkiel (05/17/08 06:42 PM)

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: ezkiel]
    #8415493 - 05/18/08 04:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'd just like to say that I make these bitches all the time, and tell everyone I know that smokes about them. Glad I started this thread.

Offlineezkiel
IV:XX

#8416117 - 05/18/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well I got major couchlock last night from 2 cracker sandwiches. I only smoked that pinner (about 2-2.5 hours after eating) and it brought me way up. I ate em at about 4:30 and with a pinner at about 7 I was great and eventually passed out @ 11:30ish, which is what I wanted to do. Woke up at 2:30 am grabbed a bite and have caught up on almost all my missed sleep. Gonna go out tonight though I think.

--------------------

I've made  few spore choices in my life. :mushroom2:
Chop... Drop... and Roll

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: ezkiel]
    #9020068 - 10/02/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ezkiel said:
Well I got major couchlock last night from 2 cracker sandwiches. I only smoked that pinner (about 2-2.5 hours after eating) and it brought me way up. I ate em at about 4:30 and with a pinner at about 7 I was great and eventually passed out @ 11:30ish, which is what I wanted to do. Woke up at 2:30 am grabbed a bite and have caught up on almost all my missed sleep. Gonna go out tonight though I think.

:bump:

I tried the bake and smoke method:

i only have an 1/8 of nugs so I used about two bowls' worth. 250 degrees for 13 minutes. it broke apart easily... so i smoked a few hits and I would say this did make the high a little stronger. maybe 25% better. takes most of the smell and taste out the act of smoking it. did not smell up my kitchen either.

thanks for the recipe OP, I have perfected cannibutter for brownies, but the whole process can take a while. This method sounds delicious and takes under a 1/2 hour. I think I will try it this wk end.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

OfflineGnosticWarrior
Hermit
 User Gallery

Loc: Oahu, Hawaii
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: MrBump]
    #9046339 - 10/08/08 03:51 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Just wanted to add my thanks to Dihnekis for starting the thread and to CptnGarden for the recipe.  Baking the weed does work!  My first time trying to eat weed, I just chopped up a nug and stirred it in butter on a low setting on the stove and made a rice crispy treat with it.  It didn't work.  Never wanted to waste any again.  But now I know that I didn't do it right.

This firecracker was simple to make, tasted pretty good, and hit me harder than smoking, plus lasted a lot longer too!!!  I never thought I could eat less than a gram a feel it like that.

Also tried powdered shrooms with the peanut butter and cracker! Best way i've eaten it so far.  Never tried it in chocolate yet though but, its probably more work too.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: phoenity]
    #9060982 - 10/10/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This has been my favorite recipe so far. A half a gram of some decent mids absolutely devastates me. I don't get high, I get immobile.

Quote:

Courtesy of CptnGarden a few years ago:

first of all, bake your pot on a sheet of tin foil at 250-260deg(EDIT: I use my lowest possible setting, which is around 200 for me) until when you pinch a nug it breaks apart into dust (usualy 10-15 mins for somewhat fresh stuff)

this is the process of converting 80-90% of whatever inactive alkaloids are left into thc and thcv
sometimes it can double or even triple the potency of your bud if you try smoking it after this process... it will bake out most of the smell and flavor though, so if your picky about that and dont care more for the medical sedation, then maybe its not for you. i can make an ounce last much longer this way though.

now on to the firecrackers:

this is how i make em and they are DANK

Get
Box of graham crackers
A jar of high-fat creamy peanut butter
Chocolate chips
Toothpick

break the cracker in half so u have two equaly sized squares, and swab em both with peanut butter so theres at least 1/2cm to a full cm of peanut swabbed on one side of each cracker. You should be able to just pinch and roll a nug in your finger and have it turn into coffee-grinder style dust if you used the above method of increasing potency. Sprinkle 0.25 on each cracker half and use the toothpick to mix it in with the peanut butter... Add as many chocolate chips to one side as u think u will enjoy, and press em together, wrap em tightly in tin foil, and bake on the top or top middle rack at 320deg for 20 minutes.

one shouldnt worry about the peanut butter being runny once it heats, and the tinfoil makes sure theres no mess and that it doesnt burn the outside but lets it heat to the right temperatures. when the peanut butter gets hot it will turn solid like clay, it doesnt get runny.

Graham crackers are best for this cause they add to the flavor, i used to just add saltines and it wasnt that good. now i add graham crackers and a few chocolate chips, the thc and peanut oil usualy get soaked into the cracker, making the whole thing one solid biscuit of yum.

anyways, make a few of these and use that preparation i first spoke of, it will make a whole world of difference to your potency both edible and smoked.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinetheleoj
Stranger
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9440871 - 12/15/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Fantastic recipe that truly deserves a bump

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: theleoj]
    #9440973 - 12/15/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I used 2g in my firecrackers last night and slept from 10:30pm -12:30pm.  They rock your world soooo hard.  The "most important" thing I have found to remember is to use "organic peanut butter".

Offlinetheleoj
Stranger
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: accountant]
    #9440996 - 12/15/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

why use organic peanut butter?

Offlinethekwazz
Calm.Collected.German
Male User Gallery

Loc: City of murder, GA
    #9441021 - 12/15/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Organic peanut butter has a lot more natural fats and oils, I'm fairly sure. It tends not to run as bad as say, Jif, in my trial and error.

--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

OfflineGlassjaw
Bettysmith

#9441158 - 12/16/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

theleoj said:
why use organic peanut butter?

Because it has a lot more fat than regular, so much more THC is absorbed into the peanutbutter.

--------------------

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: Glassjaw]
    #9441186 - 12/16/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Every time I had used regular peanut butter was a waste.  The first time I tried organic I was blown away.  I can feel even little bits using organic and with regular I have wondered before if I even feel it.

Offlinethekwazz
Calm.Collected.German
Male User Gallery

Loc: City of murder, GA
Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: Glassjaw]
    #9441189 - 12/16/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, what he said. :werd:

--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Offlinetheleoj
Stranger
    #9441221 - 12/16/08 12:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome, I've had mixed results with good old Jif, I think I'll make the switch and see how it works out. Thanks for the tip

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #9441488 - 12/16/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I only use natural peanut butter anyway... Natural is key, organic or not is your call.

Offlineyoghurt_time
Stranger

Re: Best Firecracker Recipe [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #9512883 - 12/29/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I've made firecrackers before but not with the 'pre-bake' method described above and they were actually pretty sweet- I was pretty high, having trouble understanding what people were saying to me at one point... Well it wan't as if I couldn't understand, because talking back was easy, but somehow the words weren't quite getting through...anyway, I digress, lol.

But once you have baked your weed, does this affect the weight much, or is it the same? Cos I guessed it would dry it out in the oven, right? So when you say use 5g, is that 5g baked weed or 5g weighed out first, then baked?

I dunno if it makes any difference, but I don't want to have too much, cos i did that once and it wasn't that fun.

I don't smoke/bake that often btw, so I guess my threshhold is slightly lower. I just wanted to break out some firecrackers for new years!

Thanks!

Yog

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates